Thoughts on leaving the BBT

pjj365

Dont get big headed but The Inferno might be good

As to the future of the BBT - why not try and sell it - does TJ's Roler Skating have/need/can afford a permanent home?

mazza03

pjj365 said:
Dont get big headed but The Inferno might be good

As to the future of the BBT - why not try and sell it - does TJ's Roler Skating have/need/can afford a permanent home?
I like the Inferno, good name :Banana

Chris

Administrator
noodlesboy said:
Just plain and simple. HELL!
Every home game we could welcome the away time with WELCOME TO HELL!
That's a good one :)

Simple and effective and there must be plenty of music that could tie into it!

pjj365

Chris said:
noodlesboy said:
Just plain and simple. HELL!
Every home game we could welcome the away time with WELCOME TO HELL!
That's a good one :)

Simple and effective and there must be plenty of music that could tie into it!
For music - first 4 lines of Arther Brown's Fire fits most name suggestions - bit embarassing if we lose though! Otherwise there must be some stirring classical pieces

Something from Lizst - Dante Inferno maybe See 13 sacriest pieces of clasical music for halloween on limelightmagazine .com.au

It includes the Phsyco sound track shower scene anyone?

First game in BBT.......no hot water and hand dryer not working......9 years later....... never had hot water and hand still not working.....can't wait for new rink

The BBT was where I discovered hockey, so fixed feelings, but it'll be great not to have my feet sticking to the flooring as I walk around. :D

Shame the IAW wasn't calI Ice Arena Cymru. Ia Cymru (Ice Wales)!

Nickname? How about FireDome?

Koop11

I will be pleased to see the end of the BBT but we must be hugely grateful that we have had it for 10 years as it has allowed us to survive as a sport. The hard work of SORAC and others to get us this temporary facility in such a short space of time has proved monumental as our survival has led us to securing a lovely purpose built facility that will be the envy of so many.

The BBT is a dump but it is our dump. I’m not being bias but there is no other rink in the country that generates an atmosphere like the BBT.

We have seen a lot of tough seasons during our time in the BBT. Much of that was lead by the politics that came with several owners but somehow, year after year, we have put a team on the ice that has by enlarge competed. We have also seen some wonderful highs. Sly’s winning goal in the playoff QF v Nottingham. Voth’s overtime winner in the playoff QF v Belfast. Richie’s coast to coaster v Sheffield. I could go on (perhaps a new thread for favourite memories in the BBT).

As someone blessed with a half decent view of the ice in the BBT I don’t feel the pain as much as many other fans but the fundamental problem with the BBT’s sightlines, let alone the lack or suitable amenities all round, is what makes the BBT such a poor facility to be playing professional sport in.

I will miss the BBT but at the same time I cannot wait to get out of there and into IAW.

Wannabe2

It's very true about the atmosphere in the BBT, and also being made of wood and low ceilings helps a lot, but we had this atmosphere at the WNIR, that'surely due to the awesome fans that watch the Devils. This I believe will be easily carried over to our new lush home, low ceilings again, and the awesome passion of the best hockey fans in the land will do the rest. IAW will still be a venue that opposition will hate to visit, it's our 3rd home and will finally be a home that the Devils and it's wonderful fans deserve. Thank God.
Happy Hockey Days

mazza03

jayemm said:
The BBT was where I discovered hockey, so fixed feelings, but it'll be great not to have my feet sticking to the flooring as I walk around. :D

Shame the IAW wasn't calI Ice Arena Cymru. Ia Cymru (Ice Wales)!

Nickname? How about FireDome?
Nooo too much like the snow dome

pjj365

I am sure there is no need to worry about atmosphere - the Red Army always takes its atmosphere with it.

Just listen to pod casts (if you have not been lucky enough to go on an aeay trip - rare I know on this forum) to hear the Red Army in full flow

There is something wrong (and there is not) if this cannot be taken just around the corner. Couple this with the excitment of the new arena and next year looks good

Kipper

Koop11 said:
I will be pleased to see the end of the BBT but we must be hugely grateful that we have had it for 10 years as it has allowed us to survive as a sport. The hard work of SORAC and others to get us this temporary facility in such a short space of time has proved monumental as our survival has led us to securing a lovely purpose built facility that will be the envy of so many.

As someone blessed with a half decent view of the ice in the BBT I don’t feel the pain as much as many other fans but the fundamental problem with the BBT’s sightlines, let alone the lack or suitable amenities all round, is what makes the BBT such a poor facility to be playing professional sport in.

I will miss the BBT but at the same time I cannot wait to get out of there and into IAW.
The trouble is Paul that the sightlines in the BBT would have been fine if the builder hadn't screwed up when erecting the framework and as a result the seating was more on top of the ice than it should have been :DWD The facility was meant to last a maximum of 5 years but the delays and lack of money spent on maintenance results in what we have at the moment. Having said that, it is still far better than some rinks I have visited such as Gosport, Slough,Chelmsford. The opening of the IAW can't come quickly enough for me now.

I await with interest what will happen to the BBT when it is vacant :D

Finny

People seem to be confusing the building with the people inside it.

The BBT has no redeeming features and I can't think of one thing I'll miss from it.

Look forward to the upgrade. From the first game at the BBT against the Vipers where it had to be called off due to the condition of the ice to last season where the atmosphere created was spine tingling......the BBT has served it's purpose, given us all the opportunity to carry on supporting the team through thick and thin and kept us all together as a hockey family. Without it we would have missed out on so much. Now, as i have said i look forward to us moving to the new rink but, and it's a fairly big but....what about the fans who prefer to stand? Iv'e been going to watch the Devils for 20 years and my personal preference is to stand. I'm sure i am not on my own here. What's everyone's thoughts on the standing scenario?

Mooney#16

Dai Smallcoal said:
Look forward to the upgrade. From the first game at the BBT against the Vipers where it had to be called off due to the condition of the ice to last season where the atmosphere created was spine tingling......the BBT has served it's purpose, given us all the opportunity to carry on supporting the team through thick and thin and kept us all together as a hockey family. Without it we would have missed out on so much. Now, as i have said i look forward to us moving to the new rink but, and it's a fairly big but....what about the fans who prefer to stand? Iv'e been going to watch the Devils for 20 years and my personal preference is to stand. I'm sure i am not on my own here. What's everyone's thoughts on the standing scenario?
In a nutshell that scenario no longer exists. I know they are looking at a potential to stand around the top of the bowl for the future but the days of banging the glass in Cardiff are done. That is my main query with the rink is that walkway around the boards may have a effect on atmosphere as you feel that bit further from the action but sure it won't actually feel that way once the game is at full pace.