Thoughts on leaving the BBT

voth26

Thread starter #1
Whilst I'm really excited about moving into the new rink, I'm also kinda sad about leaving the BBT. For me I've had some of the best and the worst nights of watching the Devils there. The place has definitely given me plenty of memories for sure, like the very first game against Newcastle having to be cancelled due to the gap around the edge of the ice an the boards. Or the time Vother was fighting off ice with Adam Knight of the rays. Also watched some cracking games there, none more so than last season. Time for a new era with the 2015/16 Devils, and the everfaithful Red Army its time for both parties to unleash the hell that only we can.

mazza03

I know what you mean, I will be a tad sad to leave the BBT it has the best atmosphere bar none, but I'm excited to get into our new home and it's up to us to make the atmosphere the same if not better.

Let's make it Place that other teams hate to play in as they do with our BBT. :Banana :Banana :Banana

Earnie

Despite the great atmosphere created at BBT, I shall be over the moon to see the end of it.
Fed up seeing two thirds of the action.

drainage

Whilst looking forward to walls and a roof I have to say there is a bit of me that will miss the BBT .... It's unique it's hard for the opposition and it's ours !

It's been a blast and we should remember our time there with fondness ..... Even if we missed a lot of the action!

wildthing74

I can't wait to leave it either. It's served us well and like been said so many great memories but for the club to progress we need the extra revenue the new rink will bring plus it will be nice to have the luxury of things that other team's fans take for granted like good sight lines and decent catering and bar to relax in too.

It's been a good home for sure and lots of people have tried to make it a venue that can host all those spectators but it's a poo hole falling to bits just like Ninian Park was.

For me the next 4-5 months til the new rink doors open can't come soon enough.

kettdevil1

Loved the WNIR, hated the BBT when I first went there and although it has grown on me since, I won't be sorry to leave it. We have had some great nights there but....... for the future of the club it is vital to move on and I can't wait to get to the new place.

Wannabe2

Can't wait to leave, the BBT served a purpose but the 9 yr crusade at last is on the Horizon, we deserve a nice home and that's exactly what we will have. A real replacement for the WNIR thank God.

Gough60

Last season the product on the ice along with owners and management, deflected the fact that the tent was a s##t hole.
Glad to be gone along with the sad memories of when crowds of 550, an owner who screwed over management and players.
Onwards and upwards since those dark days.
Now as this tip was christened BBT. Any thoughts on what we are going to name new venue.
Don't want the opposition trolls giving it a name like "house of tin".

rocketbob

I know there were rumours that the Vipers wanted to buy it and put it up in Newcastle but I don't think it ever amounted to anything.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Devil94

mazza03 said:
House of the Devil/ Hell house/Devils hell hole :Banana :Banana
I think the Devils Hell Hole is something completely different....

I will be gutted when we leave, but also happy to play out of a brand new rink where I can see the whole game (How good does that sound).

I just hope that Planet Ice honour their responsibility to clear the site and erase the BBT from the Cardiff Bay landscape.

It will not be cheap to dismantle (£150k). Twelve months ago I suggested a scheme that would have avoided any issues with its removal but whilst people agreed with me they didn't have the stomach for the solution.

We shall see next year.