This Friday's Sky Game - Giants V Steelers

Hand pass for Steelers first and clearly offside for winner. Steelers VERY lucky to get anything from that game.

Clarke been given MATCH and that may be a BIG one after swinging his stick at the "plexi" just missing Carson..........

DevilDom

Carson did miss the hand pass for the 1st goal though and gave the steelers pp after pp in the final period.

I thought the game was a very poor advert for the Elite league.

This league has to do something about the level of the officials, once again they influence the outcome of a game! If tonight's game doesn't make them sit up and do something, then i don't know what will !

DevilDom said:
Carson did miss the hand pass for the 1st goal though and gave the steelers pp after pp in the final period.

I thought the game was a very poor advert for the Elite league.
Agreed, as flat as Fearne Cotton's chest.......

Steelers should have had King penalised the same time as the giants player after cross checking him...... But there we go.

Finny

jester said:
What annoys me is finny trying to say it was a good goal
Dear lord. You really are obsessed with me aren't you! Not content with making abusive comments on THF at me you are now bringing it on here.

This is actually what I posted on THF:
Right, I missed both Sheffield goals because my wifi cut out just before the end....but it came back in time for them to show the replay of the winning goal.

Now I'm watching it my iPhone so the quality isn't great......but...... I've paused and rewound the second goal several times.

If that trailing skate is touching the ice then he is definately onside. I can't believe everyone else is saying it's not a close decision. At first it way offside, but when they show the slowmo I reckon they have got it bang on.
Several times I pointed out that it all depends on that trailing leg. I asked if it was touching the ice and Sammi replied to say it was off the ice. At which point I agreed that he must have been way off.

How many other forums are you going around talking about me on?

To sum that game up in one gesture would be :DWD
Shocking complete shocking!!!!
Eyes of sky promoting elite league ice hockey and what a farce.
To make it more amusing Anna explained the basic rules of the sport before face-off and off side was covered, shame the lisemen were'nt watching the rule explanation :Banana
:pickle :DWD

KEVIN said:
To sum that game up in one gesture would be :DWD
Shocking complete shocking!!!!
Eyes of sky promoting elite league ice hockey and what a farce.
To make it more amusing Anna explained the basic rules of the sport before face-off and off side was covered, shame the lisemen were'nt watching the rule explanation :Banana
:pickle :DWD
I didn't think it was a great game but it wasn't as bad as your making out and remember the most important thing is if it attracted any new fans and as many of us have witnessed, generally newbies find even the most boring games exciting

Pretty funny to see Clarke take a swing at the referee (no doubt will be whitewashed by the league so that Giants don't have to play any games with only 9 imports *shock horror*) and then Christianson stomp over the ice to Carson and then look like he was about to burst into tears when he was bring interviewed.

I maybe wrong on the offside front? Hard to say as looks like his foot is in the air but who knows eh?

Ref and lino were still too far behind to see (and call) and looks first hand to everyone (simms, thommo, fans) that its offside, so what made Carson/lino think differently.

Be interesting to see re Clarke, he hits the plexi with his stick but looks to make body contact with Carson who flinches.

Gazza272

Legue looked a country mile offside at first glance on second viewing i could possibly see why the Lino had doubt in his mind. Overall though it was the wrong call.

I would say that Giants didnt deserve to win it purely because they didnt show enough adventure! Their goal came from pretty much their only meaningful attack and i think Sheffields hard work paid off for them and probably got their luck.

Be very intereting to see the otucome of Clarks penalty making contact with the ref is a big no no and i think we will finally see if this league has any balls with the calls they make here.

wildthing74

Funny how the Giants players tweets are all slagging the officials this week only 6 days aftter getting a lot in their favour from Darnell last week.I don't follow any of them but some funny retweets off the likes of Keefe,Pelle and Peacock.What goes around comes around fellas.

ASHIPP

Rhythm said:
davel said:
How come Steelers were wearing orange, thought home team had to wear white?
An excellent point.

We were forced to change home jersey colours, how was this allowed?
It may have been because the Steelers' white home shirt contains a lot of teal as the 3rd colour (orange being the other colour). Teal is the main colour in the Giants' away shirt.

I would be suprised if the Steelers wore orange shirts at home again (unless it's against the Giants) - they have worn white for their other league games.

ASHIPP

Controversial winning goal aside, the Steelers' equalising goal (with 42 seconds of regulation time left) was a thing to behold..

Brilliant in it's conception and execution - particularly so because of the tiny window of opportunity......and the odds stacked against scoring it. Was a hand pass involved in that? Perhaps I'm blind, but I missed it.

I'm going to get flamed here probably, but credit has to go to Finnerty and his team for eventually working out a way to get past Murphy/Giants' defence. Finnerty was constantly changing his lines and the game plan to try things. It's what the top teams do to win games. Most of us can recall several games last year where the Devils did just that to clinch games in the last minute.

Never thought I'd say this, but I felt for Murphy. He was very unlucky after such an outstanding performance. To lock out 10 opposition pp chances is incredible. For me, he was the best player on the ice last night.

Kipper

I paused and re-run the Ot goal on Sky+ over and over again and I'm still not sure the lino got it wrong.Bear in mind guys he had one chance to look at it at match speed.Can't blame the lino for that one in my opinion