The league standings

Wannabe2

Have Hope#35 said:
Baz-lar said:
Regarding the conference, using my O level maths calculations, if we win both our games and Steelers beat Panthers, we win that too....but if Panthers win just one of theirs they win the conference...
Correct... A win on Friday for the Panties secures the Conference for them! Which would make our game against them on Sunday of no importance to them, if they lose to Sheffield however they'd need to beat us!
Well there game against us will be the tougher of the two, seeing as we are a much better team than the steelers. :lol:

Devil94

So Friday's game between Nott and Sheff means nothing to us really as even if Sheffield lose (which I think they will), we still need to win the three games to finish top?

Finny

Friday's game means more to Braehead than us.

Regardless of what happens on Friday, if we lose to Sheffield in regulation on Saturday that would still be the end of our title challenge.

But if Sheffield win on Friday and then beat us they would become league champions whilst we were there, that would be sickening.

Whilst I'd like to be in the conference I'll be rooting for Nottingham to take away that hellish possibility!!

The biggest worry is that the DEVILS could easily end up as 4th seeds in the play offs if Nottingham are Conference winners - we would be Belfast bound once again.

d20

Nott Simpson said:
The biggest worry is that the DEVILS could easily end up as 4th seeds in the play offs if Nottingham are Conference winners - we would be Belfast bound once again.
So whats the projected finish positions for the play offs do you think,gone are the good old days of finishing in a postion then 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7 etc ,all about conferences finishes etc now ,so who thinks where we will finish and who will we have ?

Have Hope#35

d20 said:
Nott Simpson said:
So whats the projected finish positions for the play offs do you think,gone are the good old days of finishing in a postion then 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7 etc ,all about conferences finishes etc now ,so who thinks where we will finish and who will we have ?
Too close to call... We could be 1st, 3rd or 4th?

Earnie

Regardless of what happens it has been a fabulous season.
When we started off we did not expect to be where we are now - whereas Steelers think it is their entitlement. Fab owners,managers,team and fans. Full house practically every game. Not enjoyed a season so much for many,many years.

d20

Earnie said:
When we started off we did not expect to be where we are now - whereas Steelers think it is their entitlement. Fab owners,managers,team and fans. Full house practically every game. Not enjoyed a season so much for many,many years.
Totally agree,it has been superb to watch and its a shame the season is soon ending as my 2 boys wont be happy as they will miss it so much but Todd has done a superb job off the ice to get this club and the atmosphere back to where it was and the team on the ice have been exciting to watch all season, so chuffed they got the CC cup to show the efforts were rewarded this season ,the good thing is its only just started and we will be competing and winning over the next few years...THE DEVILS ARE BACK !!!!!

DevilDom

Earnie said:
Spot on. Excitement guaranteed until the last game of the season for the right reasons this year as oppose to last year when it was for all the wrong reasons! If the season were to end today I would be happy, however we still have at least 5 more exciting games ahead of us and who knows maybe ANOTHER trophy.

Can't wait to sign up for my season tickets for next year - fantastic value for money entertainment wise. :Banana