The league standings

Thread starter #1
So...

Am I right in thinking that if the Devils win on Wednesday then they will be level with the steelers and a point ahead of the clan, with all teams having two games to play?

Clan should take 4 points from their games, unless Fife can stop them on Sunday, but that won't matter anyway if we win both of ours.

Good that we play Sheffield the night after they play Nottingham, who still want to play hard and secure the conference title. If steelers lose both of those, it might come down to us beating the panthers on the last day to ensure we take the title over the clan.

So it seems very do-able. Tough games next weekend but at least it's in the Devils' hands now...assuming my shaky maths has held up there, that is!

Tommy

TommyDevil13 said:
So...

Am I right in thinking that if the Devils win on Wednesday then they will be level with the steelers and a point ahead of the clan, with all teams having two games to play?

Clan should take 4 points from their games, unless Fife can stop them on Sunday, but that won't matter anyway if we win both of ours.

Good that we play Sheffield the night after they play Nottingham, who still want to play hard and secure the conference title. If steelers lose both of those, it might come down to us beating the panthers on the last day to ensure we take the title over the clan.

So it seems very do-able. Tough games next weekend but at least it's in the Devils' hands now...assuming my shaky maths has held up there, that is!

Tommy

Forget the maths and technicalities, Devils need to win on Wednesday and that's our starting point. :twisted:

Yes it starts with a vital game on Wednesday, however for the first time the title is out of Braehead's hands and is now in ours. We have to win three games.

Welshy74

Devil May Care said:
Yes it starts with a vital game on Wednesday, however for the first time the title is out of Braehead's hands and is now in ours. We have to win three games.
And Panthers do us a favour Friday

Chris

Administrator
Has the league title been this close before?

I don't remember it coming down to the final 2-3 games, nevermind the final weekend! At least since 10/11 when we somehow didn't win...

Thread starter #11
I think that's right because if we win all of our remaining games then Sheffield obviously can't win all of theirs.

Lord has the right approach - take every game at a time, and play to win. Even if a point would do from the last game, you shouldn't take that into account. Play to draw, and you will lose.

Devils win all three games, they win the League.

Steelers win both their games, they win the League.

We are home to Caps (Weds), away to Steelers (Sat) and home to Panthers (Sun).

Steelers are away to Panthers (Fri) and home to us (Sat).

If either team win out, they win the League, if BOTH teams lose one game and Clan win out, they win the League.

Friday night's game is huge for us, depending on the Physicality of the game and how sore the Steelers turn up on Saturday night.

One guarantee, the next 6 days are going to be exciting.

Regarding the conference, using my O level maths calculations, if we win both our games and Steelers beat Panthers, we win that too....but if Panthers win just one of theirs they win the conference...

Any idea who the ref is likely to be in the Sheffield game on Saturday? Bearing in mind it could well be an "interesting" encounter I would hope that the powers to be appoint a STRONG ref who wouldn't stand for any silliness from certain quarters.

Have Hope#35

Baz-lar said:
Regarding the conference, using my O level maths calculations, if we win both our games and Steelers beat Panthers, we win that too....but if Panthers win just one of theirs they win the conference...
Correct... A win on Friday for the Panties secures the Conference for them! Which would make our game against them on Sunday of no importance to them, if they lose to Sheffield however they'd need to beat us!

Have Hope#35

Gareth1960 said:
Any idea who the ref is likely to be in the Sheffield game on Saturday? Bearing in mind it could well be an "interesting" encounter I would hope that the powers to be appoint a STRONG ref who wouldn't stand for any silliness from certain quarters.
Probably Darnell and Hicks again!!!