The Evil that is the 2013/14 Rumours thread

James

Administrator
Have Hope#35 said:
I have heard that Max is a done deal though, there was some slight renegotiating on an original offer but a deal's been agreed... Hope so anyway?
Good to hear. I know he wasn't happy with the original offer and had been offered a job outside hockey so fingers crossed the deals done.

Have Hope#35

James said:
Have Hope#35 said:
I have heard that Max is a done deal though, there was some slight renegotiating on an original offer but a deal's been agreed... Hope so anyway?
Good to hear. I know he wasn't happy with the original offer and had been offered a job outside hockey so fingers crossed the deals done.
Wales Online seemed to hint towards Max being a done deal this morning...
Devils now have two import players to sign and one of those looks likely to be Max Birbraer. They also need an offensive defenceman.
Like you I hope he's back for next season, with all the tough guys we've signed I think it'll come as a bit of a relief to Birbraer... Last couple of seasons he had the sole responsibility of being expected to throw the big hits. Now that role can be shared, especially with his injury worries!

ASHIPP

Wonder if this will be Max and maybe proper confirmation of Joe Myers....has there been an official announcement of Joe's return yet?

Have Hope#35

ASHIPP said:
Wonder if this will be Max and maybe proper confirmation of Joe Myers....has there been an official announcement of Joe's return yet?
Joe Myers has been confirmed on Wales Online... Just the 2 Imports left to announce I believe!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/dan-lacosta-signs-cardiff-devils-5070793
Cardiff Devils 2013-14:

Goalies: Dan LaCosta, Joe Myers.

Forwards: Rupert Quiney, Ben Davies, Matthew Myers, Mac Faulkner, Luke Piggott, Phil Hill, Josh Batch, Chris Blight, Andrew Lord, Andrew Conboy.

Defence: Mark Smith, Mark Richardson, Brad Plumton, Adam Ross, Gerad Adams.
Also confirmed here: http://www.cardiffdevils.com/teams/2013-2014-devils/

kettdevil1

ASHIPP said:
I always feel a little sorry for Joe, there is never any publicity about his re-signing. One year it would be great to have a fanfare!

Wannabe2

Gord Baldwin is a strong rumour to be one of the next Steelers signings, big 6ft 5in D Man with a ton of AHL games behind him. What a season its going to be. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Gaz G

kettdevil1 said:
noodlesboy said:
Gaz G said:
Has Matt Towe been signed by anyone this year?
I think Towe has signed in the epl, got a feeling it was with slough
He signed for Swindon but has pulled out of the deal, rumours are that he is Clan bound.
Just looked at that on the Swindon Website. Good for Matt. Also a little suprised no one in the EIHL have had a look at Jonas Hoog. 120 points in the EPL last season and has been scoring more points yearly for the last 3 years. At 26 He would surely be worth a punt for an EIHL team?

Temme

Just listened to the Matt Myers interview from the SCIPS match yesterday, he says he's looking forward to playing with his brother.

Does this mean that 100% Joe is signed as our back-up?

As there has been much speculation over this! One week he is signed and the next he isn't! :lol: