The Bumper G to Steelers thread ( all merged)

drainage

Re: Adams coach at Steelers!?!

jay44 said:
Temme said:
Said this would happen weeks ago.

Glad for him, although poor time to announce it.

Now we wait and see how many of our current roster we can keep next term if G stays there...
hope your proud that you were correct and had to publicly broadcast it ;) but anyway good luck G thought youd be an awesome coach once youve hung up skates good luck to you and blighter at sheffield
To be fair how many fans didn't see this coming ? If social media is to be believed Whis is a better option (and that's me saying he isn't !) have nothing but respect for G but it's sport things change things move on .....think we all need to now

Devils existed pre G and I for one hope they do post G ..... We need to get past this season and get back to finding the fun and the love that is being a hockey fan

Well that's what I want for Easter!

drainage said:
jay44 said:
Temme said:
Said this would happen weeks ago.

Glad for him, although poor time to announce it.

Now we wait and see how many of our current roster we can keep next term if G stays there...
hope your proud that you were correct and had to publicly broadcast it ;) but anyway good luck G thought youd be an awesome coach once youve hung up skates good luck to you and blighter at sheffield
To be fair how many fans didn't see this coming ? If social media is to be believed Whis is a better option (and that's me saying he isn't !) have nothing but respect for G but it's sport things change things move on .....think we all need to now

Devils existed pre G and I for one hope they do post G ..... We need to get past this season and get back to finding the fun and the love that is being a hockey fan

Well that's what I want for Easter!
I was just making a sarcy comment dont lynch me :cool:

I wish him best and i think giving whats happend im happy with DAVE ignore the past stop being nostalgic devils fans move on support new coach :RAWK

Have Hope#35

It's The Daily Star. Nothing to do with Sheffield.
May not be but they got their info from somewhere ? And unless I massively mis judged G it wasn't him? If I am wrong I am wrong but I strongly suspect that info came from the other side of Offas Dyke
I would say this may have something to do with it... Taken from the Sheffield Star: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey

Finny

James said:
I've changed an exclamation mark to a question mark :)
Much better thanks. :D

As others have said, it's been rumoured since he was released but you can never be certain until it's announced.

BostonBart22

If true good luck G hope it works out for you and your family, lets get right behind him tonight and give him a good send off, just checking fixtures, his first home game is against the devils on sunday.

BostonBart22

just another thing to note if G is confirmed as coach tomorrow could be a few players leaving devils as transfer deadline is 27th feb. mac lined up maybe to follow him. ;)

Have Hope#35

BostonBart22 said:
just another thing to note if G is confirmed as coach tomorrow could be a few players leaving devils as transfer deadline is 27th feb. mac lined up maybe to follow him. ;)
I don't think it can happen before the Transfer Deadline but I think it will in the Summer... Hope I'm wrong! I believe both club's have to agree to a Player moving between teams within the Elite League... I can't see us being stupid enough to agree to that!?

Ocko

Theyd both have to agree and Sheffield would also have to gas players which would be costly. I would be completely amazed if we lost anyone else this season. Next year maybe, but I wouldnt be surprised to see players like Mac and Tyson retire to use their Masters outside of hockey rather than going to Sheffield.

jimmy snels

Ocko said:
Theyd both have to agree and Sheffield would also have to gas players which would be costly. I would be completely amazed if we lost anyone else this season. Next year maybe, but I wouldnt be surprised to see players like Mac and Tyson retire to use their Masters outside of hockey rather than going to Sheffield.
Will you stop it, we need to believe we're doomed.... apparently :lol:

To pick up a point from earlier "G's teams had a tough edge about them"but now we have a soft under belly? Errr no. We had voth and that was just about it. Our teams got less physical year on year under G. Like I say I wish him well but to make him out to have been some amazing coach is completely mis guided in my opinion. I'll take whis over him any day

ASHIPP

If Gerad is the new Steelers' coach then they are certainly getting a professional who loves a challenge.....he'll certainly have a few of those and not least the extreme pressure of expectation from owner and fans up in Sheffield.. Am glad G has been given the opportunity he deserves in a purely coaching role with a bigger budget...things he has always wanted.
I wish him well.

As for an anticipated exodus of players from Devils to follow him up there.....players leave teams at the end of every season. Others want to stay. Others are offered renewed contracts. It happens everywhere.
Very happy with our current coach and looking forward to seeing the formation of next season's Cardiff Devils.

If G is the new Steelers coach everyone is talking about what he can do with more money. I think it will be a bit strange if he signs half the players he had at Cardiff when he can sign "better" players for more money. I'm still hoping he won't be there.

Ocko

Link has been pulled, looked like someone jumped the gun announcing G officially. What a useless paper they have in Sheffield, it must be embarrassing for the Steelers.

Gazza272

Ocko said:
Link has been pulled, looked like someone jumped the gun announcing G officially. What a useless paper they have in Sheffield, it must be embarrassing for the Steelers.

Quite the opposite sadly, which is why we have suffered year after year of it.

The fans have lapped it up for years as well.

Skippy

Interview with G tomorrow apparently if that link was correct

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

Glover said:
If G is the new Steelers coach everyone is talking about what he can do with more money. I think it will be a bit strange if he signs half the players he had at Cardiff when he can sign "better" players for more money. I'm still hoping he won't be there.
Really good point on the money. Im looking to see if with more money (allegedly) what sort of players go to the rink of rust....