Supporters Club 1st Hockey Night

A

Anonymous

He Drives A Car said:
FAMILIES VERY WELCOME BETWEEN 6 and 9 pm on the Hockey Night on 5th July at the Old Arcade.

Would have been difficult for me with two little ones if it hadn't.

Andrew Jones
CDSL

Cheers for that :)

TheStub

You would hope that the current board will stand down once the organisation is launched, and place the whole thing up for vote amongst the membership.

Good on them for getting it running - and once it is running we can worry about who is running it.

Hopefully being a member gives voting rights, and then the membership can speak.

Gaz G

I personally think it's great that we now have a supporters club again. However I was just wondering if anyone can name the ten members running it? I would like to congratulate them on their commitment and dedication to our great club. With the next generation and openess of things now i think it would be great to know who is going to be doing the work over the next season or so.

TheStub

Up on the club site now:

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/Newsheadline.aspx?cpid=420

Hope it is a success - it would be nice to get something rolling again. When the season starts, it can be made official and the fans can start having a real say in shaping one of the most important institutions of the club.

I think everyone owes it to the Club to take an active role in the supporters club, get involved in the running and not leave the burden to be carried by a few souls.

Lets have a CDSL run for the fans by the fans :D

nicky27

Thread starter #28
Apologies, we had to set up a different e-mail address due to problems with the address posted. The new e-mail addresss is cdsloffice@yahoo.co.uk

In answer to Noisygirl's previous post, CDSC was the committee formed by the people that attended the meeting at the end of last season but the actually supporters club will be called CDSL.

mazza03

nicky27 said:
Apologies, we had to set up a different e-mail address due to problems with the address posted. The new e-mail addresss is cdsloffice@yahoo.co.uk

In answer to Noisygirl's previous post, CDSC was the committee formed by the people that attended the meeting at the end of last season but the actually supporters club will be called CDSL.
So does this mean that the supporters club will be a limited company which is what the L stood for? And it was found out that there is no need for a supporters club to be Ltd. I was on the committee so I'm just a bit curious. :eek:

TheStub

There may be no need - but I would suggest it is something they should do. It costs little, and without it the committee may become personally responsible for any debts etc the club gains.

Becoming a company limited by guarantee would offset a lot of that for little or now actual cost.

Also - get the organisation registered as a charity. Good breaks and would allow some extra kudos. I'm sure a charitable aim or two in the constitution can't be that hard to devise. I've seen it done in situations that are a lot less worthy.

Hell, I've helped do it.

Its one of the most exciting off seasons in years and the devils fans negativity amazes me!

First we've got someone expecting the board the has set the supporters club up to stand down...and now someone who has decided publically they won't use the new travel before any details are released!

I'll be going with bobs tours too, talk of ltd company's all very confusing, it's a supporters club, would only need to be ltd if it was profit making!!!!!!!!
S666DEU said:
Does this now mean that CDSL will now be running away trips? if so i still want to stay with Bobs Tour's.

The old cdsl was a limited company, and if it is limited by guarantee like the old one it would be illegal for a profit to be made and not put back into the company or a charity

Re:

bluedevil said:
Its one of the most exciting off seasons in years and the devils fans negativity amazes me!

First we've got someone expecting the board the has set the supporters club up to stand down...and now someone who has decided publically they won't use the new travel before any details are released!
Sorry if you thought i was being negative, i wasn't. But last season going on away trips which Bob organised were a great laugh and a good experience, i just want it to carry on next season thats all ;)

I would like to confirm that I will be running coaches to some of the away games next season on the same basis that I did last season. When the fixtures are announced I will publish a list of the games that I will be running a coach(es) for.

Firstly can I say we are in the throws of discussing the CDSL format, therefore the actual format is yet to be decided.

CDSL (the origional one) was formed out of CDSC (Original Supporters Club) for the exact reasons The Stub has noted, liability. Committee members of a "Supporters Club", in particular Chair, Secretary and Treasurer are liable for all "financial losses, insurance awards etc against the club "personally". I don't think any volunteer should be placed in that position. As a legal enitity like a company (CDSL 1 was a Company Limited by Guaranttee) there are protections against individuals being hit personally (the company gets it instead), although there some Health & safety and Environmental laws that will impose fines on companies and individuals. All this is being currently investigated (Charitable Status, Supporters Trusts etc). We will be getting appropriate legal advice and act in accordance with that advice.

CDSL will not be profit making as previously it will be a non for profit organisation, any "profit" will be required to be put back into the CDSL or its beneficiaries, not its members or the CDSL Committee.

CDSL will have all the appropriate insurances, risk assessments and procedures in place for all our events and for travel. This means that any and everyone attending and event or travelling can be assured that if "the worst was to happen", they will be suitably covered. CDSL can only operate in this above board and legal manner. We will have people who are members and non-members (not just friends and family) and must therefore protect their interests as well as CDSL's.

All this boring stuff will be conducted in the background. The actual events and travel will continue as before the supporters club was taken away from the fans, with everybody having fun and enjoying themselves respecting each other.