Supporters Club 1st Hockey Night

nicky27

Thread starter #1
Cardiff Devils Supporters Club are proud to announce our first hockey night at the Old Arcade, Church Street, Cardiff on the 5th of July 2009. This is a chance for hockey friends to catch up over the summer. We will also be showing some hockey DVD's. Cardiff Devils management and team members have been invited. Food is available. Free entry from 6 pm onwards. We will be announcing our second event on the night. Hope you can all attend.

nicky27

Thread starter #3
We are in the process of getting the supporters club back as we were approached by the club at the end of last season to request this. We are working through the summer to get some events arranged and hope to officially launch at the start of the new season.

nicky27

Thread starter #5
Yes, we are hoping to be able to supply brand new cards along with some form of
membership packs for every member!

Chris

Administrator
Stickied as requested.

Is the Old Arcade a venue? I thought it was just the name of one of the arcades in the city centre :oops:

Chris.

Wannabe2

Chris Stone said:
Stickied as requested.

Is the Old Arcade a venue? I thought it was just the name of one of the arcades in the city centre :oops:

Chris.
Its next to the side entrance to the Market, opposite poundstretcher.

A

Anonymous

I take it this is an adult only event ! Would we be doing something at a later date so we can involve people with families, I know my kids would love to be involved with something! :)

becandsi said:
Who is running the new supporters club?????
I dont think anyone actually knows, all i know is next year "bobs tours" will still be running. I wish there was some kind of official announcement, so we know whos doing what.

Last season a number of former Supporters Club organisers were approached by the Cardiff Devils with the intention of trying to set up an "official" Supporters Club.

Last Season we ran an advert asking for people interested in help put toigether a new "official" supporterss club and had a positive response. From that a Committee (SCDC) was formed.

Over the intervening time a number of individuals dropped out for a variety of reasons (Bob The Driver being one of them).

Several weeks ago that Committee decided both upon the Supporters Club name (CDSL) and our first event, the Old Arcade Hockey Night.

There are a core of approximately ten members with a number of others helping and advising in the background.

We have the full backing and co-operation of the Cardiff Devils and Management and are in close and regular contact with the Club.

Over the next few months we will properly constitute the club, decide on subscriptions and prepare our programme of events, including many of those that have become popular over the years and hopefully a few new ones.

We will available on match night for Social and Travel Bookings. More Details will be published once these have been finalised.

I do hope that the above explanation is satisfactory, we will be issuing application forms later on in the summer, hopefully via the Club Website.

Rather than having to repeatedly post on the forum, could anyone with a particular question please email Andrew Bradbury (Secretary)on

cdsladmin@yahoo.co.uk

and we will put together some sort of FAQ page and post it.

Yours In Sport

Andrew Jones
CDSL Chairperson

FAMILIES VERY WELCOME BETWEEN 6 and 9 pm on the Hockey Night on 5th July at the Old Arcade.

Would have been difficult for me with two little ones if it hadn't.

Andrew Jones
CDSL

nicky27

Thread starter #18
There are two or three people from the old supporters club and the rest are new members who came forward following the announcement in the programme at the end of last season and following the meeting after the last Nottingham game in March.