stuuuuu in kenton gone?

Mooney#16

I still think Marsh has a place to fill. He was pretty good offensively and was also good in the defensive end. His problem seemed to be his puck distribution from the back but I wonder just how much tat had to do with the forward lines being so mixed up all year. Even Ritchie struggled to get the break out going on occasions and that is a real rarity. Guess it comes down to the role you want him to play. Last year he seemed to be the no 1 but if you put him as you 2 or 3 then I think you could do a lot worse than have him in the line up. The other thing I would like if marsh returned is you get the chance to put together two genuine power play lines of quality and threat something Devils have struggled with over the seasons to keep the pressure on for a full two minutes and not just half or exhausting your stars by running a full two mins on the ice. Just figure marsh gives options and depth rather than star power.

Sheincar

mazza03 said:
I don't really rate Tyson but am I wrong? Convince me.
You're not alone Mazza in fact I'll go so far to say I think he's rubbish. Gives away so many turnovers & doesn't use his size as much as he should.

KaneDevils

As with Frank, there's better players out there. To be a top team you need better.
Good players but not good enough for the Devils in my opinion.

KaneDevils

jodysstillagirlsname said:
KaneDevils said:
As with Frank, there's better players out there. To be a top team you need better.
We will only get what the club are prepared to pay for
True, but G and Franny are good at finding gems. Tylor was a brilliant player for us and I doubt he cost a great deal. Same as Stu in his first season (or two).

Wannabe2

jodysstillagirlsname said:
KaneDevils said:
We will only get what the club are prepared to pay for
Well we have got the best British pack in the league, the best goalscorer, a top rumoured nettie, some excellent imports hopefully coming back, and the best coaching team in the UK, so myself i have no worries whatsoever.Bring on the new season i say.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Sheincar said:
mazza03 said:
You're not alone Mazza in fact I'll go so far to say I think he's rubbish. Gives away so many turnovers & doesn't use his size as much as he should.
Im with you both. Would be disappointed to see him back. He cost us so many goals last season with sloppy plays. A liability whenever he was on the ice.

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
mazza03 said:
Yep, I'll echo that too. Can't believe we are letting Kenton walk away and trying to re-sign Marsh. I know Kenton was only average last year but at least we know he can be a lot better. With Marsh bar a couple of games at the start of the season I thought he was poor and for a big man lacked physicality.

Earnie

I thought Tyson Marsh got better in the last third of the season. If he is to stay I would wish to see more effort , speed and hits - otherwise - could find better.

Ger-Devils

Earnie said:
I thought Tyson Marsh got better in the last third of the season. If he is to stay I would wish to see more effort , speed and hits - otherwise - could find better.
See above. Him and a few other players played hurt for a few months.

Ger-Devils said:
Earnie said:
See above. Him and a few other players played hurt for a few months.
Totally agree. The Tyson Marsh that played the first 2 months of the season was in a different class. Then he had the injury and made his comeback without ever being fully fit or without full movement. Credit to him there. If he comes back next season he will have had 5 months to fully recuperate. You'll see the Tyson marsh that started last season then. Good addition if it comes off.

The Devil Himself

jimmy snels

Thread starter #15
i actually thought he started very brightly too. i sung his praises all through september.the turning point came when he hurt himself. afterwards i was very disappointed a numerous occasions with his distrabution but more alarmingly was his lack of answering the bell when our small british players were getting bullied or even more importantly when falkner, max or blight took a really bad hit. he should have stepped up regardless when mac was targeted against belfast. and against the blaze max was head hunted all night at the tent near the end of the season by egdner another example of a pretty fair trade layer wise would have been worth the result.

if you watch an NHL game if a top player is even taking a clean hit someone is right there ready to drop the mittens now days and that is how we should approuch our hockey. not necessarly to fight every oportunity but at least offer a level of protection to our top players. it works

voth26

DevilDom said:
Sheincar said:
mazza03 said:
Yep, I'll echo that too. Can't believe we are letting Kenton walk away and trying to re-sign Marsh. I know Kenton was only average last year but at least we know he can be a lot better. With Marsh bar a couple of games at the start of the season I thought he was poor and for a big man lacked physicality.
I have a question on some points you make, If we knew kenton was average last year an we knew he could be better but he didnt get better why would we accept that of kenton and not marsh, whats the difference?. I think if im honest with regards to kenton there seems to be a bit of sentiment attached because he's been here a few yrs and he's marks brother.

DevilDom

voth26 said:
DevilDom said:
I have a question on some points you make, If we knew kenton was average last year an we knew he could be better but he didnt get better why would we accept that of kenton and not marsh, whats the difference?. I think if im honest with regards to kenton there seems to be a bit of sentiment attached because he's been here a few yrs and he's marks brother.
Simple answer to that - form is temporary, class is permanent.

Given those "in the know" have kindly pointed out to us mere mortals that Tyson was injured last year then maybe he may be worth another chance but he is still yet to prove he is worth a slot whilst Kenton has for me. Do we know when fit that Tyson still won't cough up so many turnovers for sure?

DevilDom said:
voth26 said:
DevilDom said:
Simple answer to that - form is temporary, class is permanent.

Given those "in the know" have kindly pointed out to us mere mortals that Tyson was injured last year then maybe he may be worth another chance but he is still yet to prove he is worth a slot whilst Kenton has for me. Do we know when fit that Tyson still won't cough up so many turnovers for sure?
I think Kenton was carrying an injury for most of the season as well I think his knees are shot to bits,
Maybe that's why he won't be back?