Stewart's ban reduced to 6 games

Sheincar said:
Actually they're not facts as the way you've written it "Faulkner has 9 AHL games and is involved in all the Giants community projects" which I'm certain he's not.
Damm my bad grammmmmmmeeeeeerrr

Paul Sullivan said:
jester said:
Wow, I'm sure you must know both players very well to form an opinion like that, obviously you wouldn't be as crass as to make such a statement from just watching them play ice hockey. I myself have no idea what either player is like off the ice. I do know that Stewart though has played over 240 AHL games and 26 NHL games Faulkner has 9 AHL games and is involved in all the Giants community projects.
Please, PLEASE bring in the community aspect. We would have nothing to counter with.
It's not as if Mac has worked tirelessly in schools, hospitals and with youth and vulnerable adolescent societies. Or raised thousands off his own back for a local children's hospice. Or co-founded the Hockey Players For Kids charity.

Frankly, you can stick your resume and NHL games. Mac Faulkner is an exemplary professional athlete of the highest order, on and off the ice. Stewart acts like a thug on the ice and happens to be nice to kids.

Whoop-de-do.

Your username is doing you justice with this argument.
well having seen YOUR teams video evidence, it was grainy and hard to catch at best...yes there was contact there had to be, they were skating toward each other. But seems i read somewhere Faulkner actually rolled his ankle, not injured his knee. Was that the reason neither Gimblett or Marsh never reacted?
Stewart plays hard and on the edge, as do more of our players, but this doesnt make then thugs.
Devils have always played hard and on the edge, but when it happens to them the opposition player is a thug...catch a grip will ya

Sliput said:
danhall76 said:
Sliput said:
danhall76 said:
Hopefully this will now be dealt with on the ice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yep, let us get more players injured or our players to serve bans :DWD

I know a lot of fans want things like this sorted on the ice and i am in the minority but i would much rather us be able to play with the players we have got , maybe win a game and stop the Giants winning the league than going out to intentionally injure a player.

Each to their own i suppose.
Since when does someone get suspended for dropping the gloves. It needs to be dealt with. Stewart broke the code and needs to be held accountable.

Seriously !!! have we not been on the end of ludicious bans for no reason !!

The 'code' ? what code is this then ? a bit like the code of 'dont run teams goalies'....that Vother broke several times ??

Look we just see things differently. I am going to Belfast and dont really want players missing in the second game because the ref got a bit heavy handed when one of our guys 'sorts it out on the ice'.
Vother did run goalies but was often held accountable...

I will also be in Belfast and hope no one gets banned but in all my years of watching hockey I've never seen anyone suspended for dropping the gloves one on one

Paul Sullivan

jester said:
Sheincar said:
Actually they're not facts as the way you've written it "Faulkner has 9 AHL games and is involved in all the Giants community projects" which I'm certain he's not.
Damm my bad grammmmmmmeeeeeerrr
That's not grammar. It's something else I can't say or I would be breaking forum rules.

Paul Sullivan

claretgiant said:
well having seen YOUR teams video evidence, it was grainy and hard to catch at best...yes there was contact there had to be, they were skating toward each other. But seems i read somewhere Faulkner actually rolled his ankle, not injured his knee. Was that the reason neither Gimblett or Marsh never reacted?
Stewart plays hard and on the edge, as do more of our players, but this doesnt make then thugs.
Devils have always played hard and on the edge, but when it happens to them the opposition player is a thug...catch a grip will ya
Did you see the game?

Did you see the three nasty, high hits Stewart went for in his first two shifts, and first few minutes of the game?

He was head hunting all night, behind the play.

And for the record, Tyson Marsh did react and was about to hand Stewart his ar$e. Stewart owes Chris Blight a few beers for intervening.

jester said:
Wow, I'm sure you must know both players very well to form an opinion like that, obviously you wouldn't be as crass as to make such a statement from just watching them play ice hockey. I myself have no idea what either player is like off the ice. I do know that Stewart though has played over 240 AHL games and 26 NHL games Faulkner has 9 AHL games and is involved in all the Giants community projects.
As for you reap what you sow, let's hope you don't reap the hatred that you are trying to sow.
Take it which ever way you like, after all you're entitled to your opinion. It doesn't mean that it's right but there you go.

Throwing in AHL and NHL 'facts' as you call them to try and strengthen your argument looks good on paper, but then let's look at the statistics.

NHL 26 games, 0 goals, 1 assist , +/- -7
AHL 274 games, 29 goals, 32 assists , 0.22ppg +/- -10

Yeah Stewart was a clutch player there in those leagues wasn't he. I bet the fans were dishing out money hand over fist to get good seats to watch him get his 0.22 points per game playing left wing. :DWD But then that is largely irrelevent because what matters is what's going on here and now. Feel free to call me crass in that I couldn't care less about someone that I don't personally know and never will. Consider me crass that I couldn't care less about a reckless hockey player who through his own idiotic, and illegal within the rules actions, injures other players. Consider me crass that I would show blind indifference if Stewart suffered similar injuries from another player (from any team). The same opinion applies to other players that consider it acceptable to play that way now.

It's laughable, and sadly misguided that you think I'm trying to sow some hatred here. I'm sat here as cool and relaxed as a polar bears arse sat on an iceberg. I'm not angry or bent out of shape because of what's happened. I'm certainly not trying to whip the masses into a frenzy of hatred because I believe I can express my own opinion and mine alone, and consider others intelligent enough to formulate their own opinions by themselves. Hatred is a word that is often overused, but then to some maybe that's just a cultural thing. :roll:

Oldgoalie80 said:
jester said:
As for you reap what you sow, let's hope you don't reap the hatred that you are trying to sow.
Take it which ever way you like, after all you're entitled to your opinion. It doesn't mean that it's right but there you go.

Throwing in AHL and NHL 'facts' as you call them to try and strengthen your argument looks good on paper, but then let's look at the statistics.

NHL 26 games, 0 goals, 1 assist , +/- -7
AHL 274 games, 29 goals, 32 assists , 0.22ppg +/- -10

Yeah Stewart was a clutch player there in those leagues wasn't he. I bet the fans were dishing out money hand over fist to get good seats to watch him get his 0.22 points per game playing left wing. :DWD But then that is largely irrelevent because what matters is what's going on here and now. Feel free to call me crass in that I couldn't care less about someone that I don't personally know and never will. Consider me crass that I couldn't care less about a reckless hockey player who through his own idiotic, and illegal within the rules actions, injures other players. Consider me crass that I would show blind indifference if Stewart suffered similar injuries from another player (from any team). The same opinion applies to other players that consider it acceptable to play that way now.

It's laughable, and sadly misguided that you think I'm trying to sow some hatred here. I'm sat here as cool and relaxed as a polar bears arse sat on an iceberg. I'm not angry or bent out of shape because of what's happened. I'm certainly not trying to whip the masses into a frenzy of hatred because I believe I can express my own opinion and mine alone, and consider others intelligent enough to formulate their own opinions by themselves. Hatred is a word that is often overused, but then to some maybe that's just a cultural thing. :roll:
Oh dear you lot on here love bringing that up, Just because I spend some of the year in NI doesn't mean I'm Irish/ Norrn Irish.
Why laughable and misguided though you like throwing out the reap what you sow lines, have the stones to take it when it's thrown back at you.
The NHL /AHL bits are facts they are not opinion or lies
I love the way Devils fans suddenly forget that their teams have not always been Shrinking violets. Strange know the shoe is on the other foot you don't like it. Reaping what you sow :shock:

ASHIPP

claretgiant said:
'Analysis' from an armchair coach who quite obviously was not at the game.

Perhaps you need to wake up and realise that not all your lovely Giants' players are gods...there are plenty of edgy, gritty players currently in the league who dont resort to that.
Christiansen's public apology at the game for Keefe's foul mouthed tirade at Devils' fans saddens me to think that an organisation and team so respected have got it wrong this season

Fubar

OT slightly but i'm reading the jokes over on Paddy McGuinty's goat forum and some muppet has hashtagged a post and slated their own Captain.

Laugh 1 - Captain cr*p is back to trying to goad olsenn.

"We'll be better tomorrow night #sorry"

Laugh 2 - "Think this is the final nail in the coffin for the title this year unless there is a major turn around in the 3rd can't see that with this team unfortunately at the minute"

From their own fans - hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha feckin ejits!

jester said:
Oh dear you lot on here love bringing that up, Just because I spend some of the year in NI doesn't mean I'm Irish/ Norrn Irish.
I didn't state you are. There's plenty of actual hatred going around these days so watch the news and then take your pick, although you seem to have made your choice already. I couldn't care where you're from or who you are to be frank. The point still stands though that your claim that I'm trying to stir up some imaginary hatred is completely incorrect, or ball-hooks to be more exact. My point remains that if you want to bang your drum about hatred, there are other people you would be better served pointing your finger at.

jester said:
Why laughable and misguided though you like throwing out the reap what you sow lines, have the stones to take it when it's thrown back at you.
What exactly have you thrown back at me that warrants me having the stones to take it? As I see it , it's nothing more than your comment about hatred . At the sake of reiteration, I've already covered that and you are wrong. It's disappointing but to be honest not surprising that you're struggling to grasp that. You need to accept the concept that if some idiot who injures other players the way Stewart did the other night suffers the same fate, then I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Call it Karma or whatever you want to, but deal with it.

jester said:
The NHL /AHL bits are facts they are not opinion or lies .
I didn't say they weren't facts. You brought it up though as I read it to make your point seem more valid. What I did do is look at the stats available and commented on the fact that the guys point production in the AHL and NHL was next to nothing, and hardly something to write home about. But hey, you think it was worthy of throwing in the hat so crack on :roll:

jester said:
I love the way Devils fans suddenly forget that their teams have not always been Shrinking violets. Strange know the shoe is on the other foot you don't like it. Reaping what you sow :shock:
If you are referring to me then yet again, you're wrong. Not doing too well are you. I'm well aware of what our teams, and specific players got upto in the past and as you put it havn't been shrinking violets, so I havn't suddenly forgotten anything. What you have done though is assume that as a follower of a particular team, I support and defend whatever they do on the ice, good and bad. Just because you do, don't automatically assume everyone else does son. Where's the 'waves finger in a condescending manner' emote?

From a team who have iced such players such as Brad Voth,Ryan Finnerty,Doug MacIver,to name but a few,the type of hard nosed players who constantly cross the line and have epitomised that style of hockey,constantly from the Welsh capital over the last ten years.Do Cardiff fans really want to go down that route.If you give it,you should be able to take it.Stop the whinging.

Paul Sullivan

Voth I will give you, however if you are trying to compare Finnerty and MacIver with Stewart you are having a mare.

And let's not start on the stick happy troll that is Darryl Lloyd.

Issue is they all served their bans, deserved or not, you lot seem to protect and winge about bans and get them reduced, I wonder how...
Anyway, unlimited imports + unlimited budget = limited results ha ha, beaten at home by a 5th rated side, ouch, time for kelman to wield the axe towards DC.

Say what you want about Lloyd if he was a Devil you'd love him he has a specific job to do and does it really well getting under the skins of the oppenant just like finnerty used to do only he does it better and in his two years in this league,as much as he's hated he hasn't caused any serious injury to other players.

Martynwo said:
Issue is they all served their bans, deserved or not, you lot seem to protect and winge about bans and get them reduced, I wonder how...
Anyway, unlimited imports + unlimited budget = limited results ha ha, beaten at home by a 5th rated side, ouch, time for kelman to wield the axe towards DC.

Given the weak grainy video evidence produced.Stewart should not have been banned fullstop,irrespective of what he did or may have done,the video evidence proved nothing and unless the Eihl invest in some cheap form of technology which can identify misdemenours during games instead of just guessing because a player ends up injured.Then this league is just going to be forever a joke.
As far as the rest of your post goes.Yes we may have a slighlty bigger budget than Cardiff,it is by far a unlimited budget.If so this team would have upgraded much sooner.It has been quite clear from the get go the defence has been all wrong,and no significant changes have been made.
Lastly I have been calling for Christenson to be axed from season one. DC sets out with a plan for the season and doesnt have the ability to adapt when other teams work out how we play.We won the league last year because 1.Robert Dowd,most part and 2.A strong defence lead by Rebek,Dignard and Kuiper these players won the league despite of DC's coaching,rather than by his coaching.

whitevanman said:
Given the weak grainy video evidence produced.Stewart should not have been banned fullstop,irrespective of what he did or may have done,the video evidence proved nothing and unless the Eihl invest in some cheap form of technology which can identify misdemenours during games instead of just guessing because a player ends up injured.
Not needed. Nature has given us the perfect solution. They're called eyeballs. I believe most referees have them. Whether they use them in a competent manner is another thing.

And when did we get to the stage where video was the only means of providing evidence on which to make a decision? Heaven forbid someone with some credibility would be able to give a factual account of something having actually seen it and that would be taken as suitable evidence :roll: Funny how that actually works in the real world, but it apparently doesn't cut it in an ice rink. This no video no case to answer for argument is as weak as it gets.:DWD

whitevanman said:
Martynwo said:

Given the weak grainy video evidence produced.Stewart should not have been banned fullstop,irrespective of what he did or may have done,the video evidence proved nothing and unless the Eihl invest in some cheap form of technology which can identify misdemenours during games instead of just guessing because a player ends up injured.Then this league is just going to be forever a joke.
As far as the rest of your post goes.Yes we may have a slighlty bigger budget than Cardiff,it is by far a unlimited budget.If so this team would have upgraded much sooner.It has been quite clear from the get go the defence has been all wrong,and no significant changes have been made.
Lastly I have been calling for Christenson to be axed from season one. DC sets out with a plan for the season and doesnt have the ability to adapt when other teams work out how we play.We won the league last year because 1.Robert Dowd,most part and 2.A strong defence lead by Rebek,Dignard and Kuiper these players won the league despite of DC's coaching,rather than by his coaching.
Quite a weak defence you are putting.
Are you 100% sure that was the only video evidence given, there are other cameras that are in use
"slightly bigger budget" really !!! I'd say +50% more than ours
You like other arena teams have a ever revolving door on players would be interested to see all the teams in's and out's this season.
With those players coming in there are ITC's, agents and other ££'s that you can pay for so your budget has to reflect this

At least we agree with your Coach, with his resourses he should be winning at least a couple of titles, looks like only the PO's are available to you.