Stewart's ban reduced to 6 games

Have Hope#35

That means he's now available for our back to back games v Belfast at Belfast doesn't it? Lets hope our apparent new Import Signing today is a big tough guy who can sort him out!?

Finny

How long till the usual idiots are back here celebrating like they've won a Grand Slam?

Shameful by the EIHL. But should we expect any less....

DevilDom

No real surprise the league bowing to areana team pressure.

Do Bush still make TV's? I think the league should look to get them as sponsors for next season.

ASHIPP

Complete hypocrisy. Why award 9 in the first place if it was going to be downgraded.
Especially aftet Kirkham said they were serious enough offences.

In the NHL a player would be banned or at min receive a substantial fine for such recklessness.

The official statement does not state any reason for the drop of the 3 game bans. Surely they had a reason to drop then so why not state it on the website!

"The appeals committee has decided the extra three matches should be quashed and Stewart’s ban has been downgraded to six matches." Why should it? Is it because Belfast said so!!

So what happens to Darnell? Surely the league can see that when a major Incident occurs this Muppet is the ref at the time ....
The ban doesn't bother me that its 1 game or 10. its the fact that player safety is at risk because of this #%#&
He is totally incapable and the league should see this .....

drainage

I frankly have had a guts full of our supposed league officials on and off ice ..... He ended Macs season committee two stupidly reckless offences in one game and was correctly penalised

Now on reflection it doesn't seem that bad ???? And no reason for the downgrade ? Assume pretty please promise to be a good boy is now a mitigating plea!

Sliput

danhall76 said:
Hopefully this will now be dealt with on the ice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yep, let us get more players injured or our players to serve bans :DWD

I know a lot of fans want things like this sorted on the ice and i am in the minority but i would much rather us be able to play with the players we have got , maybe win a game and stop the Giants winning the league than going out to intentionally injure a player.

Each to their own i suppose.

Have Hope#35

Sliput said:
danhall76 said:

I know a lot of fans want things like this sorted on the ice and i am in the minority but i would much rather us be able to play with the players we have got , maybe win a game and stop the Giants winning the league than going out to intentionally injure a player.

Has anyone said 'injure'... I just want him to get hit hard and fair and if someone takes it upon themselves to drop the gloves and fill him in then that's a bonus!

Recap of the Devils/Blaze end of game scrum - Max takes the obligatory 5 games for a x-check to the head (all be it the recipient was Olson who arguably deserved it and wasn't injured by what Max did) and then Max gets 3 more for rejoining the bench to scrap when meathead no2 Egener wanted to go.

Stewart injured two players through dangerous play, one suffering a 'season ending' injury and gets 6 games now that the added 3 have been successfully appealed. No explanation for the decision to accept the appeal and no obvious parity in the way this league deals with suspensions in an unbiased and fair manner.

I'm done with handing over my hard earned to watch teams in this league when the enjoyment factor is constantly ruined by not only decisions made on the ice but the inability of officials to deal with them in a professional and competent manner. On top of that you have a league that seems incapable of having the bal*s to practice what it preaches and stick to it's guns with regards to dealing with supplementary discipline in an equally professional manner. It's frustrating enough watching it from behind the glass, the players must wonder sometimes what they've signed up for with a circus act running the show.

Sliput said:
danhall76 said:

Since when does someone get suspended for dropping the gloves. It needs to be dealt with. Stewart broke the code and needs to be held accountable.

danhall76 said:
Sliput said:
danhall76 said:

Since when does someone get suspended for dropping the gloves. It needs to be dealt with. Stewart broke the code and needs to be held accountable.

Its also time for the Dickheads at the EIHL to be made accountable, they will never get the Sport a high profile in this country with decisions like this, it would be difficult enough if they were a professionally run organisation. I can think of only one person who could run it worse, but he is busy running the country for the next couple of years

Skippy

Paul Sullivan said:
I'm going to enjoy Nottingham taking Belfast's title off them a little bit more after this.
Have to agree there, hope the Panthers batter em in the second leg of the Challenge cup as well.

Sliput said:
danhall76 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: