steelers Vs Devils - League - 20th Feb 22

voth26

First class highlights package. The commentator is obviously a Steelers fan but he comes across as impartial as he can. He does such a good job.
The interviews are interesting. They seem to forget that we played a road game. Even watching live I felt we were doing well. We were never going to outshoot them in their own place. Fox was frustrated they didn't close it out which I understand being in the last minute but we rattled the iron so many times during the game. Traversa's goal was a fluke. Nothing more. We got outshot and outplayed as much as an away team should and as much as any away team would with a top of the league team. We played a great road game and we need one more on Wednesday.
Where can i find a link to the highlights cheers

jenks33

Steelers’ production and highlights are just another level…really professional and costs the same as everyone else’s. Camera work and even camera quality are better than ours, so would love to see ours take a step up too.
Absolutely. I had a whinge earlier this season about webcasts costing £15 and it still irritates me. At least with Sheffield’s webcast i feel I’m not getting robbed by paying £15, it’s a good webcast. The other webcasts in the league leave a lot to be desired

Wannabe2

Steelers obviously spend a lot more money on their productions, and they probably have 2-4 times the traffic of other clubs, for example Devils at Steelers cardiff fans will buy many more webcasts that Devils at Fife, and that is probably the same story throughout the league. Don’t get me wrong the Steelers webcast is first class but it’s because they spend a lot more on it, as we all know money talks..

Mazzoak

Money certainly talks, unfortunately you need a large capacity rink to increase fan attendance. That’s probably the deciding factor, they’ve simply got more fans willing to pay to watch their team.

Wannabe2

You’re likely right, but if we invested in ours, would we then get more people buying the stream? Sheffield’s is almost as good as Premier’s!
I actually think the Steelers webcast is better than Premier sports by far, the cost of covering a hockey match on Premier is easily £10K, obviously Steelers webcast is no where near that expense. But myself I would prefer to watch tomorrows game on their webcast, the players don’t look like ants, the Commentary is far superior, and the Camera direction is far superior. It’s very true that the Storm is pretty crappy their camera positions are poor, and it must be done on a shoestring.

BostonBart22

I actually think the Steelers webcast is better than Premier sports by far, the cost of covering a hockey match on Premier is easily £10K, obviously Steelers webcast is no where near that expense. But myself I would prefer to watch tomorrows game on their webcast, the players don’t look like ants, the Commentary is far superior, and the Camera direction is far superior. It’s very true that the Storm is pretty crappy their camera positions are poor, and it must be done on a shoestring.
Unfortunately no webcast tomorrow..

E.D.S.

Manchester are in such a difficult spot though. Poor sight lines and awful camera positions. We used to have to give up our seats when Sky rolled into town and see that smug twerp Simms sat in my block commentating, when we were in the BBT. Regardless of sight lines and camera position there is no excuse for not following the play. That's my issue. I know I'm boring about it but it's true. Our camera folk are so behind the play or zoomed in too close that you can't see enough, its so bad. We aren't filming from the gods like in Sheffield or Nottingham we have fantastic camera positions. There's really no excuse. It's just poor camera work.

A friend of mine was watching the Guildford game on line and he said that when they showed the replays straight after the action the replays didn't even capture what was going on. Registers goal was completely missed. That's embarrassing. I get that money solves a lot of problems but missing the play isn't about money. It just seems daft to me and so easy to fix. Our product is good. Is it worth £15. No. I'd pay £15 for Sheffield's. That's good value.

I do like our commentary team though. They work hard. More recently on their own. Not easy. Very knowledgeable.

Each to their own though. Just my opinion.

Wannabe2

The Guildford game wasn’t our normal cameraman, I already told you that. Our normal cameraman is second to none believe me or not he certainly is, whether or not his pictures are cut to during broadcast is another thing. Not watching our broadcast as being there don’t help. Please don’t harp on about the Guildford game give your views after the Storm game if you ain’t going there.

moggy#9

If there was some league-wide organisation and, dare I say it, some level of revenue sharing, it would facilitate an overall improvement in the product. Surely it should be possible to learn from the webcasts produced by other teams.

E.D.S.

Sigh... I know the cameraman is your mate. Try and be objective. It's not about Guildford though is it as you well know, hence why you messaged me privately. It's about a long running issue for me and it's purely for me. It's my opinion. No one else's. I could be in the minority. I could be the only one. It's purely what I think.

As for my "cousins second brother" or whatever you said, Get a grip man. You act like a child. It doesn't make the opinion any less relevant. Yes I know you were there, yes I know you are there every week and yes I know you marched for SORAC and saved the Devils.... Thank you for that. I can't be there every week so I have an opinion that's more relevant than yours because I buy the product. As you say, you were there so you are commenting on something you aren't in a position to comment about. You don't buy the product so how's about letting a conversation flow that you don't pipe up adding zero value. Just wait until someone moans about the size of the rink, then you can go town and later apologise because you get carried away because you love the Devils so much. Happy hockey days.

Wannabe2

Give the Sorac thing a break mate, it’s running thin now. And very very tiring. As for sticking up for a mate, his work don’t need me to back it up, maybe a visit to specsavers wouldn’t go adrift, or even a refs course in Ice Hockey.