steelers Vs Devils - League - 1st Oct 23 - 16:00 FO

Diafol

Fantastic result, even if we did hang on by the skin of our teeth for pretty much all the 3rd. We looked shattered.
Bowns was a well deserved MOM in the end.
4 point weekend :)

ASHIPP

A fantastic win and in a horrible place. It takes determination and pure focus to defend a 1 goal lead, especially where both teams have been at the receiving end of the penalties whistle tonight. Thought the Devils showed true character...they never gave up.One of the new qualities that hopefully is starting to define this year's Devils team.

What a way for Ryan Barrow to finally make his mark against Steelers. Revenge best served in front of the goal! So cool :cool:

jenks33

Great win and a fair scoreline in my opinion. I thought we were the better team for 40 minutes but we were hanging on in the third. Plenty of positives but face offs must be a slight concern after that. Sheffield dominated in that area all night

Wannabe2

God was that a heart attack or what, 1st period only one team in it us, 2nd period pretty even but we go in 3-1 up, now the dreaded 3rd, only one team score and that’s the Steelers, but it’s enough to give us the win. After the 1st we lived on a knifes edge. Bowns again done the business, 2 goals by Barrow to shove the last incident
up Tanseys jacksy. Well played lads 2 points off these whoosh it’s behind you merchants, well guess what Sqeelers Whoosh your behind us, Whoosh your behind us, get used to it pretenders.

Hockeymad

As everyone knows I said barrow will be amazing pick up for us and imo could be top goal scorer

But I'm happy for him after the hit from tansey to shut him and steelers up

kettdevil1

Excellent win. Cheers for the updates Diablo.

Don’t forget though, we went into Sheffield and got a win on the first weekend of last season also, not that I intend to put a dampener on the weekend as this team clearly has more about it!
Absolutely fair point, although this Sheffield team looks to be a considerably better one than last year. Hugely enjoyable game and our record in their place continues to be insanely good.

Nottingham next Saturday will be a rather different test. Our least favourite away trip and a team coming off a 6-0 walloping but for now… I will enjoy tonight. Top performance all round

Wannabe2

Fantastic result, even if we did hang on by the skin of our teeth for pretty much all the 3rd. We looked shattered.
Bowns was a well deserved MOM in the end.
4 point weekend :)
Spot on we dug very deep tonight, any less and we weren’t going to win but the lads showed real character tonight and gave it 200%