Steelers v Devils - 7:00pm 10th Jan - Chat & Updates

Any sign of you know who or is he still in foreign parts?

If he is lets hope he has the same fate as the man who appeared before me las Saturday after been taken off an incoming flight at Gatwick.

Many congratulations to both the team and the fans for what was a deserved victory after all the near misses with a short bench! I think everyone deerved a result like that!

Aubry was outstanding yet again, robbing the Steelers on more than one occassion. The whole team worked their socks off.

It was great to see the powerplay finallly come to the party with 2 from 4 and when we did set it up we actually looked threatening. You could say that last night's game ended up being decided by special teams - which is a battle we don't usually win.

How much better can our penalty kill get? 0 from 7 for the Steelers on the PP who have the league's best PP at home I believe. They also scored something like 5 from 7 against Nottingham on boxing day. For all the stick our PP gets, I suppose it's balanced out a little by the quality of our PK (which I believe is the league's best)

I'm a little humoured by the main topic of discussion on Steeltalk, which seems to focus on the behaviour of our fans, rather than the game. There were a few gestures from Devils fans which I do not condone. However, when a player is allowed to get away with doing it (as lehman did in our rink) then these gestures were somewhat innevitable. If the league is not going to discpline a player, what message does that send to the fans?

This crept through further last night, when after the game, Dagenias offered out a Devils fan during the presentations - suggesting he come down to the stage area! Real classy! I don't suspect this will be looked at by the league.

Finally, a big thankyou to the Panthers fans who came last night! Some of them were even starting the chants for us. I'm sure their attendance was more to do with their dislike for the Steelers, than their love for the Devils, but it was great to have them there!

Koop11

Unfortunately I wasn’t there last night but I was following it on the MNL (my first time using it and must say how impressive it was) and I was pleasantly surprised with the result. Has to be our biggest win of the season so far and I big congratulations to the players who obviously put a huge performance in.

Excellent to hear that Hartwick is back. Wasn’t expecting him just yet. I really hope now Gerad can find a forward that will fill the Campbell gap and we’ll hopefully be fully fit within a month or so.

Very pleasing to hear of the army we took up there joined by the allies of Nottingham. Sounds like a great road trip all round. Hopefully this result will be the catalyst of some consistency with this team.

Well done lads. Outstanding result.

Soundwave said:
I'm a little humoured by the main topic of discussion on Steeltalk, which seems to focus on the behaviour of our fans, rather than the game. There were a few gestures from Devils fans which I do not condone. However, when a player is allowed to get away with doing it (as lehman did in our rink) then these gestures were somewhat innevitable. If the league is not going to discpline a player, what message does that send to the fans?
was it not one fella from the Sheffield crowd confronting 3 different Devil fans through the game???

either way great win for the Devils, Jarvis was Outstanding again last night, him and Aubs were on top, Great support from the Devil fans and all the Panthers/Giant fans that were supporting us :D

Demon21 said:
Ger-Devils said:
Gazza272 said:
http://www.steelerstv.co.uk/

Game highlights.

If you dont chuckle on Vothers penalty shot you have no sense of humour :lol:
That guy is a tool fairplay! That chant he tried to get going was funny!!
What a muppet!! Who is Fulgram??
lol thats exactly what i was going to say, he cant even remember his own box office phone number either. And his announcing sounds woeful, never been to sheffield before but from those highlights he sounds terrible.

Wannabe2

Thank god for MNL what a great service you guys provide, thank you very very much. Well played the lads this has been coming for a while now, and is no more than our troopers deserve. Believe its 4 years since we won at theres, Burgy being the hero i think. To go into the home of the league leaders, short benched, and having done a very tireing trip earlier, and to take maximum points surely shows what this team is made of. We have had our set backs this season, god only knows it, but when the going gets tough these lads get tougher. Thanks again to each and every one of you, Hockey is a team sport and you only get your rewards when playing as one.
HAPPY HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

maximo said:
Soundwave said:
was it not one fella from the Sheffield crowd confronting 3 different Devil fans through the game???
Yep that's what it looked like to me, but I wasn't sure what was happening so thought I'd leave that to someone else to point out. I'd already brought up the Dagenais incident so didn't want to look like a whiner! :mrgreen:

The Dagenais incident, if you can call it that was aimed at a Nottingham fan who was in The Devils block a Devils fan just sought of joined in - but in any case was just a bit of of light hearted banter, but you don't expect it coming from a player...

kettdevil1 said:
A special mention to the Devils fans who passed us on the M1 in a silver Vauxhall with "Lets Go Devils" written on to their car. Excellent!
thanks, was gonna do more, but was worried that the car might get vandalised in squeeler car park. :)

maximo said:
Soundwave said:

either way great win for the Devils, Jarvis was Outstanding again last night, him and Aubs were on top, Great support from the Devil fans and all the Panthers/Giant fans that were supporting us :D

Was the fella confronting the devils wearing a grey coloured duffle coat with a black stone island patch on the arm?