Steelers v Devils - 7:00pm 10th Jan - Chat & Updates

I need to find a dark room, that was hard work especially trying to use different texters for the penalties. As there were on different networkls texts were arriving out of order. We will know next time

And it sounds like Vother had a great game too, some big checks, a goal, an assist and the winning penalty shot..... good show!

Anyone know who Munn's "checking to the head" was aimed at?

great effort from a short benched team! always going to be a big game after the last
meeting in cardiff where we finally got news coverage for the scrapping rather than the hockey
top support from 150 travelling fans have a happy trip home! icing on the cake to see brad hit the
winning penalty happy hockey daze

Just want to say a huge "WELL DONE"! to the Devils on winning tonight.I bet Simms was fuming,especially as it was in there barn! :lol:Look forward to seeing You all loud and proud in Cardiff tommorow night! Mark (Bison Drummers)

Awesome :D Never expected to win up there today. Can't wait to hear the fans views that were up there tonight. Wish I'd gone!

Hope we got got enough energy left for tomorrow :twisted:

Well done to the team i have been on the edge of my chair all night , looking forward to tomorrows game and to seeing those great Bison fans

Just on our way home and so pleased we decided to go tonight. Over all a solid performance and nothing too flashy. Although voth scored he had a fairly quiet game. Jay played really well and thought he deserved mom. I think jodi was rattled by the crowd chanting tonight. Didn't make eye contact with the away block at all which he always seems too. Carson was a joke but that's to be expected in a steelers game i guess. But a great result for the devils especially short benched. Drive home will hopefully go a bit quicker.

GET IN! what a result, just got home from work. We needed a win against the top teams and it was the best team to beat, definately made my day :D .
Hope you travelling fans had a right old chant at the sissy jody, just hope the boys aint too tired for tomorrow now.

kettdevil1

Just back and I suspect you will get no sense out of any of the away fans for some time...

That was awesome!

First period was quiet, Sheffield looked strong defensively and Carson was not giving us anything. After that however, it all turned around and it was a great, edge of the seat hockey game. Defensively we just about held on. Tyson played a great game but special credit to Stoney who picked up the pieces time and time again when Sheffield threated.

Up front Jay and Silver were absolutely superb. Finnerty failed to live up to his promises and was anonymous at best.

Brad's winning penalty shot was a great comedy moment. Brad skates towards Jody with various people shouting "run him" from the away block.... just before the shot comes in Jody performs a great swan dive and the puck trickles into the net. Magic.

The support from the travelling fans was superb and it just shows that this team can beat anyone!

A special mention to the Devils fans who passed us on the M1 in a silver Vauxhall with "Lets Go Devils" written on to their car. Excellent!

Well done guys, You have made a whole city in Nottingham very very happy, not only because it helps with the championship push, but because it shut them loud mouth, whippet walking, flat cap wearing Yorkshire lot up! :D :D

What happened to Finnerty? Thought he was the big man?

Well done guys, always love to see you lot win, when its against them I love it even more!

Ger-Devils

I'm gutted I didn't book on the bus now due to the city game! My mate planned to drive up but one of the boys pulled out so we didn't end up going up.

Excellent deserved win for the Devils I thought tonight. I felt the Devils were unlucky to come away from the 1st period 1-0 down, as Sheffield scored their goal on a good break away but Devils I felt had the greater possession and created more half chances.

2nd period was definitely the Devils, and they put up 3 quick goals to finish the period 3-2 up.

3rd period Sheffield scored early and they did seem to get stronger as the game came towards the end, with the Devils clearly tiring with their short bench taking its toll.

It is about time we won a penalty shootout mind, but what a funny way to do it. Tyson took his penalty well, and Sheffield scored their 1st one, although Aubry would want that back mind as we all thought he had saved it initially. Then Brad steps up to take his penalty shot, totally mis-handles the puck, fans on the shot and it just trickles through Leyman's 5 hole...which proved to be the game winner.

Like I said, I thought the Devils deserved their win tonight based on possession (when even handed anyway) - and they probably created more half chances - having said that, Aubry was awesome tonight and stoned Sheffield on a few clear cut opportunities that they did carve out - I was very impressed with their 2nd goal mind - well worked and well taken.

Right, a few "other" points about tonight:-
1) The music - oh my god - talk about old, boring and repetitive - I think only about 7 different tunes were played all night...and some of those were about 20 years old!!! One thing is for sure mind - watching and listening to the Sheffield off-ice entertainment (music, announcing, intro etc etc) just emphasises what a great job our guys do in Cardiff - our music is a million times better and we never get the same song played twice (apart from maybe when Aubry makes a great save), our announcing is very good and our intro is a class act. Sheffield’s lot for this is just garbage IMHO.

2) Atmosphere - where was the atmosphere from the Sheffield fans? Even Simms could not get any response from the Sheffield crowd...

3) Finnerty - yet again was all talk and no action. I would be embarrassed if he was a player on my team and he talked himself up like he has done, and then has since done nothing to Jay in any of the games since then - he needs to either grow a pair or keep his mouth shut.

4) Brad - yer he got some points tonight - but he did take too many silly pens tonight, and he was probably the least deserving of any MoM award for us - still glad he got the game winning penalty mind, but his overall game play was not great all night to be honest....I am still waiting for the Brad Voth of last season to turn up this season if I am honest...but I am not letting that detract from a great Devils win tonight....

Anyway, a very enjoyable Road Trip for sure...coming away with 2 points after a hard trip to Belfast just 2 days earlier and being short benched, was just an incredible achievement...well done the Devils...

Cant remember much about the game im that bladdered but who cares, i remember the penalties so remember we won lol!! thanx to the guys on the coach esp Bob for making the trip enjoyable, (and for putting up with Robs singing on the way home) its the only way to do away trips!!!!! Fair play to the squeeler fans (in the q for beer) who agreed Arseon is a joke and they want to win fairly as they didnt get most of his calls against us tonight either??!! Fab performances, esp as they played Thurs as well. Aubs, Tulip and Ty stand out players for me and nice to see Hartwick ice again too. Keep the heart going and you could easily pick up a trophy this season!!

oh and i forgot to mention that we had 50% pp tonight, scored 2 out of 4 so well done boys!!! and for the record the Squeelers failed to capitalise on 7 opportunities........hahaha!!!!!!!

drainage

It was a fab day !!!!! I really didnt expect us to pull off the win but WAY TO GO !!!! Beating the squeelers on their home ice , baiting Jody, waiting for Ryan to grow so b**ls and put his money where his mouth is (still waiting by the way!!) listening to Simms pathetic endeavours to wake the squeeler fans up - loved it all !!!! Thanks to Bob for organising the bus !!!