Steelers v Devils - 06/01 - *CANCELLED*

James

Administrator
Re: Sheffield v Devils game wednesday 06/01

Bah. Wasn't this a rescheduled game anyway? I guess Verner isn't quite fit yet.

Franny is gonna be really upset, the poor road conditions and the extra 2/3 hours on the coach was the perfect excuse for yet another road defeat. He'll have to get his thinking cap on again!!!
;)

On a serious note, it has to be the right decision, would you want loved one's making a trip too Sheffield in these conditions, and therefore why should the Devils make this trip, when it can be re-arranged later in the season.

And on the plus side, another two or three days off before two important home games with Coventry and Belfast.

mazza03

I say the right decision has been mad the road conditions in Wales are quite bad. I wouldn't want anyone I loved having to do that journey. :eek:

ASHIPP

Re: Sheffield v Devils game wednesday 06/01

devils2001uk said:
Cardiff Game Wednesday: Match Postponed
05/01/2010 15:56

Steelers game against Cardiff this evening. Wednesday 6th January has been postponed due to adverse weather conditions the club will make a further statement regarding fixtures later this afternoon

taken from the steelers web site !
Hey, perhaps they'll award the Devils an away win anyway seeing as Verner is not quite fit! If it's rescheduled again, it's getting a bit crowded in the match schedules for next few weeks - cc games and other mid-weekers. :?

In a way I'm glad it's postponed - Devils can fully concentrate on the 2 big home games this weekend without the fatigue and frustrations of travelling. On the other hand, against the Steelers tonight, they could have turned the corner with a desperately wanted away win.

James said:
Rescheduled to Ice Sheffield on the 29th January apparently.

Is the ice any smaller there : :lol:
It's the same size ice as the Arena. But the place is much smaller.

The roads are really icy now, so by half 10 I wouldn't want to anywhere but my house. The right decision has definitely been made.

Another 3 games in 3 days for us! :evil: