Steelers v Devils - 06/01 - *CANCELLED*

Re: Sheffield v Devils game wednesday 06/01

I was wondering today if it would go ahead, I know it would be a pain to cancel but there is no point making what the police would call an uneccessary journey. Looking at our weather we may get some snow tonight which would add to the problem, never mind the icy conditions

devils2001uk said:
Sheffield are going to making a desion arround 10 am to weather this game can go on, due to 5 inch of snow falling in the area
Snow or Verner being fit ?

James

Administrator

The North American leagues would be in a state if they stopped playing for 5 inches of snow.

If I can get home tomorrow then I'll be annoyed if it's called off. If I can't get home then it's fine by me! :lol:

Thread starter #8

i got a feeling that it will be as snow falling down here, and sheffield stoping all public transport with more snow up there forcasted for tomorrow, but we wait for daffy ds ice inspection

wildthing74

Reckon it will be off.Very handy for them though as said with Verner out.I know our away record is pants but fancied us to get the monkey off our backs tonight.

devils2001uk said:
i got a feeling that it will be as snow falling down here, and sheffield stoping all public transport with more snow up there forcasted for tomorrow, but we wait for daffy ds ice inspection
But it's not snowing here any more. There's no snow forecast for today anywhere apart from the South East. And the roads around the Arena are passable this morning.

I do despair with this country when it snows, I really, really do!

As for calling the game off, I doubt the Steelers would want to, seeing as they already have to play 3 and 4 games a week for the next 3 months! It'll be the Arena that calls it off, if they do.

I'm still backing my chances of getting home on public transport today.

James

Administrator

Shouldnt they have announced their decision by now? Or is it in the queue behind their 'BIG' announcement yesterday (assuming the TCW report was incorrect of course)

wildthing74

I reckon the arena will call it off.I recall a game back in the ISL days when we used to take a few coaches.We all turned up at the pub in town and got a call that the arena had called off the game.Pre internet/forums etc so there was not talk beforehand and it came as a shock but luckily we had not even left.

Thread starter #20

Cardiff Game Wednesday: Match Postponed
05/01/2010 15:56

Steelers game against Cardiff this evening. Wednesday 6th January has been postponed due to adverse weather conditions the club will make a further statement regarding fixtures later this afternoon

taken from the steelers web site !