Stars v Devils - 16/01 - 6:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Gutted you got a point in the end ;)

Someone asked about run ins here's the Giants run in, probably not the best way to do it but hope it makes sense

Steelers A x2 H x1
Devils H x1 (night after you play Steelers on Sky)
Blaze A x1 H x2 (home double header in mid Feb)
Pants A x1
Vipes A x1 H x2
Hull A x1 H x2
Stars A x1
Caps A x1 H x1
Clan A x1 H x1

Our next game is away to Steelers then home to Vipers before we play Clan in back to back games, then its the turn of the Devils if we can get maximum points perhaps from the previous games hopefully we can put in a better performance against the Devils at home and come away with the points. Finally if it goes right to the wire our final weekend is 2 away games at Nottingham and then the Blaze so a tough ask.

Gutted streak has ended but as someone mentioned earlier, it probably was putting additional pressure on us. Another stat for you all 28 games since we last lost to someone other than Dundee!

I blame Elite league for not scheduling a Dundee game last night so they were ready to go against a team who'd played a tough game last night and had a long journey the next day lol. I am just messing before someone says I'm crying about it and making excuses. Dundee are a good team when they're not down a load of players through injury and well done to them on the win.

As for Devils - lets get another streak going starting on Wednesday!

Also - I've noticed Belfast / Steelers run in's have been posted - having a quick look at Devils, I think we have the easier run in of the 3. If we win all our home games and ensure we take points on the road against bottom half sides then we're going to be hard to catch :D

Wannabe2

In one way i am glad that is now out of the way, yes we all want to keep winning, but the lads have done us all proud, and the weight is now off us. Devils you are the best in the league, we all know that, so now its back to enjoying ourself and getting the job done. Dont ever stop believing in yourself, as you guys are without a shadow of doubt the MUTTS NUTTS, its all there for the taking lads, so lets take it. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Ger-Devils

Oh well, it had to end soon and glad it was tonight and not v a top 5 team really. Credit to Stars though, yes we can make excuses about long bus journey etc but it's just one of them thing, no rub of the green tonight with hitting pipes 3 times but hey, it's been awesome while this run has lasted but lets start it again on Wednesday.

This team are awesome and we know what they're capable of. Proud of what they achieved and proud of what they can achieve come end of the season

voth26

had a nervous feeling about tonight never mind we can start again on weds, think it's important the guys know how proud we are of them and that they have our support, we definately need to be loud on weds to lift them and get them going from the off and to continue making us proud of them
COME ON YOU DEVILS

Koop11

Well it had to come to an end eventually. Quite fitting that Dundee were the last team to beat us before this run started and it is them that have ended it. I do wonder whether the effort the night before played its part in the result last night. 3 mins away from winning the game is disappointing but Dundee are a decent hockey team when they are full strength. We did appear to take some penalties late on in the game and I wonder whether that was fatigue kicking in.

The encouraging thing is that we out shot them and appeared to have the better of the game in OT. We’ve come away with a point, picking up 45 points of the last 46. That’s pretty special to say the least. However, that would usually mean us being well ahead of the chasing pack but there’s only a few points in it at the top. The work really begins now as we look to respond positively to our first loss in 23 games. Can we pick ourselves up? Time will tell.

osh

Good points made in your post Koop11. A fantastic streak comes to and end and we must push on from here. What is also worth remembering is that whilst we have been on that brilliant winning streak, we remain just a few points in front of the Giants and Steelers who must also be congratulated for maintaining their positions near the top. Its still a long way to go until the end of the season, and we mustn't assume anything. I think we have the team to go on and win the league and hope that we can win Wednesday to keep our cup hopes alive, it will be a tough night.

ASHIPP

At this stage in the season, I would be very happy taking 1 point after a horrendous road trip to the outpost of British ice hockey. :) Full credit to Dundee for playing a good 'close-down' game against the Devils.Shoot-outs are also as much about luck as skill - Dundee seemed to have both to edge it last night. Just shows that any team can win on any night in this league. Dundee are the Devils' nemesis. :evil:
This is not the end of the world. Whilst we are all disappointed for the Guys, we all knew it was coming. Far better now than against a team closer to us in the points. We can all still celebrate their fantastic winning streak, Elite League record and the fact that they are still No1! :cool: Having seen their magnificent team spirit they will get over it, it will be 'business as usual' for the Guys as they prepare for Wednesday.

Finny

Gutted.

I'm not sure whether this is good or bad, but the score even made the front page of the BBC website as being the 3rd biggest local news story of the day!

ASHIPP

DevilDom said:
Looks like Shuff have the easier run in, although at least they have to play the Giants 3 times whilst we only have 1 game left against them.
No-one has an 'easier run in'. It's so close, every game now counts. As Dundee proved last night, every team is capable of winning on any given night.

well after that loss last night the team have now got to deal with a feeling they have not experanced for a few months lets see how they bounce back on wednesday

ASHIPP said:
No-one has an 'easier run in'. It's so close, every game now counts. As Dundee proved last night, every team is capable of winning on any given night.
Apart from edinburgh unfortunately.... I think the loss is a good sign to remind the team that the run to the title is not going to be an easy one at all.

It would have been great to get a world record though :lol: maybe next season ;)