Stars v Devils - 16/01 - 6:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils should be at full strength, we're going into the Blaze game on Saturday full strength so hopefully nothing will happen to change the team.

Stars are without Phillips I think it is, Latulippe and Maclean were back for their game against Hull and I can't think of any other injuries, i'll await corrections though :p

This will be the 6th and final league game between the two teams, the Devils currently hold the lead with 4 wins to Stars 1, with the most recent result being our 7-1 victory at home last Sunday!

I'm not going to mention anything about the number of victories we have until the Blaze game has been played, then i'll add something underneath as i'm feeling particularly nervous about this weekend :D

Chris.

Rempel16

He didn't play against Hull so still a potential doubt.

Kinos, Latulippe and Maclean were all back though, as well as Jeff Marshall icing in his first game since returning to the club.

Could be up against a full quota of Dundee imports for the first time this season.

Best of luck to the Devils on Saturday night.

Unfortunately I am otherwise emgaged on Saturday but will be back for Sundays nights game after racing at Ffos Las.

I have missed my texters list and can't remember who helped us out at Dundee previously.

If you know of anyone who can help us please send me a PM .

Ant Stars fans able to help out will be most welcomed.

OJ

Russky

Nott Simpson said:
Best of luck to the Devils on Saturday night.

Unfortunately I am otherwise emgaged on Saturday but will be back for Sundays nights game after racing at Ffos Las.

I have missed my texters list and can't remember who helped us out at Dundee previously.

If you know of anyone who can help us please send me a PM .

Ant Stars fans able to help out will be most welcomed.

OJ

Hey OJ, have you had a few sherbets already going by the emboldened spelling mistakes! lol!

I'm afraid I will be the bearer of bad news that your win streak as been ended, as I'll be sending game updates to Chris :lol:

Full roster expected for Stars minus long-term injury (broken collarbone) to Kris Philips.
Chris Zarb is expected back, and with AJ MaClean and Jay Latulippe playing against Hull, they are expected to also play on Sunday.
No game for us on Saturday, so we should be well rested after the 1-1 draw (Hull won on pen shots) on Wednesday.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #7
I'm afraid I will be the bearer of bad news that your win streak as been ended, as I'll be sending game updates to Chris :lol:
Just incase you're still lurking here and haven't seen/read/received my text, it's OJ hosting Sunday :D

Chris.

Depends how you interpret the rubbish posted on the KOTG especially those posted during/after after the Devilswin in Nottingham and that incredible performance in Sheffield on Wednesday night.

Read the comments and make your own mind up on which adjective you would use to describe the authors.

Also I have a few Giants fans on facebook who were not only gunning for Belfast to win but when nottingham scored, were cheering like their own team had scored!! Bit sad really!! Plus depending where your from depends how you take being "irish"!

Anyway, Devils looked very tired at the end of last nights game, hoping we can scrape 2 points as i think Dundee will be up for this, fit, no game last night, no travelling........ we looked shattered....... :?

Not having a game or travelling the day before doesnt always mean anything, it should do, but it doesnt always.

Hopefully the Devils will still be on a high from winning last night.

Finny

I hope all Devils fans have now realised that the Giants fans on KOTG were on a massive wind-up with the suggestions that Ragan bought Sheffield to gift us the league? They certainly had a lot of bites from us?

I also think it would be a bit hypocritical of us to mock other fans for wanting us to lose when we have and will do the same. I'm honest enough to say that I will be hoping the Blaze can take some points off the Steelers tonight, can't see how that makes me pathetic though.
Unfortunately I think getting a point last night will mean they won't have the energy to get anything off Sheffield tonight.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #17
can't see how that makes me pathetic though.
Bah come on Finny, from the reactions on THF you get to some of your posts, you surely see how people can read different things into what is said?

I took a load of flak last season for suggesting Doug Christiansen was a simple man and used crayons to get through to the Capitals players in a time out, apparently the Edinburgh fans didn't appreciate that at all :cry:

I don't suspect OJ was calling everyone in Ireland/Northern Ireland 'pathetic', i'd suggest his original point was a jokey comment, maybe it didn't come out as intended, but I still can't see how it was anything other than a joke. MNL has always been extremely biased towards the Devils, as it rightly should be, and if that involves giving other teams some hassle every now and then, so be it :)

I'll also be wishing Blaze can take some points from the Steelers tonight, just as I was hoping the Panthers could take all the points from the Giants this weekend, but I also have faith in our team to extend the winning streak. I'd lik to think OJ was suggesting the Giants needed us to lose as their team wasn't putting the points up they should be...

Whatever the case, hopefully it'll be a 23rd victory tonight :D

Chris.

jimmy snels

i love the irish, wouldnt get my tarmac or potatoes from anyone else :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can see this as a slightly tighter 4-1 score line to us, i agree, last night we did look shattered towards the end, probs from attacking ALL game :) on the Zarb icing front, every time we play them he ends up off the ice early (slashing finnerty/tylor crunching him/voth gloving his muush) so mayb he's given up against the devils :twisted:

Finny

Chris said:
I took a load of flak last season for suggesting Doug Christiansen was a simple man and used crayons to get through to the Capitals players in a time out, apparently the Edinburgh fans didn't appreciate that at all
Yeh, but that was really really funny. :lol:
And I don't see how it could be taken any other way as a joke.

I just felt when reading MNL that the "pathetic" comment went a bit over the line.

If he had used a different word such as "desperate", "jealous" "worried" then no problem at all. I guess it all goes down to how much the individual feels that "pathetic" is an insult rather than a little jibe.

Gaz G

Going to be realy tough tonight. Obviously hoping for a devils win but just got a bad vibe at the moment. Really hope im wrong.