Wildthing and myself seeing sense and backing MSGs finest
Hynod has put his faith in Bryz and the Flyers
MP43 has suggested that Sid and the Pens can stay healthy enough to win
The Stub and Rocketbob have gone for the livewire outsider that are the Preds
DanHall has the Bruins
Devils fan, DevilDan goes for the Devils
Jones72 is going for a non award which could still happen
Kane likes the Canes
Spearsy has gone for the underperforming Sabres.... surely they have to finally not suck?

Someone surely has to win the beers?

Anyone else?

Skippy

Its a long shot but Im going to say the Canucks.

As long as they get up to speed quicker than last year.. Schneider in nets starting could make the difference.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #24
skippy said:
Marty said:
What's the Luongo Leafs rumour I've heard about?
Seems to be doing the rounds but nothing looks to be confirmed.
....although Burke has now left his job as GM....... rumours persist that he didn't like the proposed Luongo trade and this will remove the stumbling block.....

Decent NM but what will they have to give up?

kettdevil1 said:
OK.... an update

DanHall has the Bruins
Kane likes the Canes
Spearsy has gone for the underperforming Sabres.... surely they have to finally not suck?

Someone surely has to win the beers?

Anyone else?
We have just signed John Scott 6"8 270lbs..... #Get ready ....

kettdevil1

Thread starter #28
Spearsy said:
We have just signed John Scott 6"8 270lbs..... #Get ready ....
Just what the Sabres need...... a cementhead who will double as a bollard in practice.... ;)

1 goal in 146 games..... even for a D-Man that is impressive....

I actually think the Sabres have a decent roster but I can't see Scott making the difference. :?

Underperformers again this season for me.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #29
DanHall has the Bruins
Kane likes the Canes

Add....

Skippy with the 'nucks who have got to do it at some point....surely....
Rempel16 going for a Kings repeat which would be a little boring but might well happen

Looks like Jones72 is first person out.....http://www.nhl.com/ Jan 19th is the first date of the season.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #32
The final lineup..........

Wildthing, GoHabsGo and myself seeing sense and backing MSGs finest
DanHall has the Bruins
Kane likes the Canes
Skippy with the 'nucks who have got to do it at some point....surely....
Rempel16 going for a Kings repeat which would be a little boring but might well happen

It all starts in a few minutes time with the Pens and Philly renewing their rivalry.... lets hope it is as tasty as their playoff games.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #33
Cracking battle of Pennsylvania last night, one of the most entertaining games I have seen this season and brilliant to see two teams playing rush goalie....

Interesting to see that the early pace setters are les Habs, the Blackhawks and the Ducks, none of whom have been selected by the panel of experts.....

Those of you who went for the Devils will be feeling slightly smug given their form so far and the 'nucks and the Preds have also impressed.

Sadly, despite John Scott's 0+0 (21PIMS) the Sabres do indeed still suck... ;)

KaneDevils said:
13-0-3 for the 'Hawks. That is a mighty fine record thus far!
Very impressive. Must try and watch them over the weekend.
They have been playing some beautiful hockey but have also been lucky. If we can keep Hossa healthy we should do well this season. Plus Saad seems to be a gem in the making, not quite there yet but definitely a talent!

KaneDevils

Probably tune into the Devils Caps game tonight, starts around 5PM our time. NJD have started well, Clarkson carrying on from last season in terms of goal scoring, something he's not really renowned for.
Caps haven't been doing quite so well, only amassing 11 points so far, but with Ovechkin in your line up you can't rule them out just yet!
Should be fun, can't wait !!

:RAWK

KaneDevils

KaneDevils said:
Probably tune into the Devils Caps game tonight, starts around 5PM our time. NJD have started well, Clarkson carrying on from last season in terms of goal scoring, something he's not really renowned for.
Caps haven't been doing quite so well, only amassing 11 points so far, but with Ovechkin in your line up you can't rule them out just yet!
Should be fun, can't wait !!

:RAWK
Plus Saad seems to be a gem in the making, not quite there yet but definitely a talent!
Took his goal well, lovely wrist shot past Niemi.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #38
'Hawks now 16-0-3 after an OT winner from Mr Hossa, they are going to take some stopping.... pleased that the Oilers got a point though, they are slowly building for the future and I do like the way they are going about the planning phase.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #39
With the end of the regulation season in sight, the runes are still a little unclear as to who will be picking up the pint....

A quick update:
Wildthing, GoHabsGo and myself should be sweating slightly with NYR on the bubble in the East. It has been up and down for the Rangers but I still think that this is a team built for the playoffs..... lets hope they get the opportunity to prove us right....
Hynod faith in Flyers must be sorely tested with Philly 7 points off a playoff place and really not playing well at all. I really can't see it for this year.
MP43's Pens are number 1 in the East and playing some superb hockey. Their recent trades should add depth and they have got to be in with a chance. There is still the worry about whether they can adapt to the more bruising playoff hockey but, it is looking good for Sid and friends.
The Stub and Rocketbob's Preds are on the outside looking in at the moment. This is a bit surprising as they have looked decent whenever I have watched them.... I still have a suspicion that they could be a decent bet.
DanHall's Bruins are number 2 in the East and look oh so solid. No weak links and a nasty, vindictive streak when they are losing to boot.... they have got to go close.
DevilDan went for the Devils who are still in with a chance. How long can Brodeur keep pulling out big performances (and the occasional goal)
Jones72's non-award is looking unlikely unless North Korea aren't joking....
Kane's Canes still bore me rigid and I really can't see it.... can you?
Spearsy Sabres are better than my beloved Flames, but only just..... It ain't going to happen....
Skippy's Canucks have looked solid but they tend to mess it up at some point............ surely?
Rempel16 is still in with a shout - the Kings have been OK and appear to be coasting into the post season....

With no one going for the 'hawks or Ducks it is still all to play for.