Stanley Cup Prediction Thread

kettdevil1

Thread starter #41
noodlesboy said:
JETS! go jets go!
Stranger things have happened........

After months of speculation the inevitable has happened as well..... Iginla has gone searching for a cup with the Pens. Could work out well for both parties - good luck to him.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #42
As a PS to the Iginla news and the Morrow trade, this means that the Pens top 9 forwards are:

Crosby, Iginla, Kunitz, Malkin, Neal, Cooke, Sutter, Morrow and Dupuis.

Try figuring that out as an opposing coach.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #43
Wow, have Leafs fans recovered yet? A cracking game to end an excellent series and it means that the Conference semis are now set.

As I see it:
Blackhawks v Wings: The Wings have done a great job to get this far and their defeat of the Ducks ranks up there with the best in terms of determination and grit. The Hawks however, eased into this match with plenty to spare and although this shouldn't be a blow out (unless the Hawks can get all their superstars firing) I can see Chicago winning in 5.
Kings v Sharks: The Sharks keep surprising me but I really can't see how they will figure out LA. Again, it is likely to go to 5 and then we will be looking forward to a Hawks/Kings final.

Pens v Sens: Having said that I hadn't seen Ottawa play well all season and their games against the Habs would be low key, The Sens promptly started playing like a reincarnation of the Broad Street Bullies and battered Montreal into submission. I wouldn't rule out a repeat against a Pens team that are rocking. On paper this is a no-brainer with the Pens firepower surely too much but, we said that against the Isles..... I will take Pittsburgh to sneak through, just, in 7.
Bruins v Rangers: Can't wait for this one. The Bruins have resorted to being the Big Bad Boston team of old and the Rangers are the sort of gritty, difficult team that should get underneath their skin. I can't see many goals in this one but I can see plenty of big hits, questionable off the puck plays and the respective coaches having temper tantrums on the bench. NY in 6.

Thoughts everyone?

wildthing74

Rangers peaking at the right time? From looking like they could miss the post season all of a sudden they look like a team with real depth since the Gaborik trade and Hank is playing the way he does this time of year so he is giving them a chance to win every night.
It's really tough to call the winner of the cup as you could easily make a case for 4-5 of the teams but outsiders look to be Sens and Kings.If I was putting money on it now I'd say Pens slight favourites.
I will go Red Wings in 6
Sharks in 5
Pens in 6
Rangers in 7

kettdevil1

Thread starter #45
Well the Pens look to be finally firing on all cylinders. The Sens were dismantled last night and the depth that Pittsburgh have is finally paying dividends.

Having a NM that is averaging 0.941 over the course of the playoffs and whose only loss is in OT is also helping.

Massive game tonight (10.30 on Premier) with the Rangers having to beat Boston to stay alive. I picked NY at the start of the season and will stick with them but, this is a big ask to get back into the series.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #49
danhall76 said:
And the dream is still alive!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
It is indeed although the Pens next up will be a tough ask. I have been impressed with Boston this year but they do rely a lot on Chara and I do worry that at some point he is going to show some signs of fatigue....it must happen. surely? My guess would be Pens in six.

Out West I am at a complete loss as to which way to lean, both the Hawks and the Kings have looked great at times but, at other times they have been poor. I suspect it will go the distance and I will take a punt on..... the Kings. Perhaps.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #50
Hopefully nobody was listening to me............. I went for a Pens/Kings final and clearly we have Bruins/Hawks..........

Given that I have bet against the Bruins in successive rounds I hesitate to say this but.......... it has got to be Chicago hasn't it?

kettdevil1

Thread starter #53
Well that is it, all over for another year and what a way to finish.... the Bruins must be kicking themselves but fair play to Chicago, they peaked when it mattered and in the end were worthy winners....

I can keep my money in my pocket as amazingly nobody went for the 'Hawks. Closest was DanHall who must have been cursing the Boston D late in Game 6.

Wannabe2

To be honest the Blackhawks were the best team over the series, I wanted the Bruins to win it, but on the day or days the Hawks were by far the best outfit. Exciting series, bit of a mickey mouse outfit premier sports, but hay ho time to cancel my subscription now.