Something good is coming?

moggy#9

Todd came out and admitted two telling things. That the 19 player limit and the ludicrous challenge cup format are down to those teams that can barely complete with the rest. These are the things that make eihl look like a joke, and why without an influx of strong new teams the league is going to stagnate. Of course there's no sign of any new venues on the horizon, so I guess we're stuck.

I know that Todd has to put a positive spin on things, and I have the utmost respect for him, but that was first and foremost a PR exercise.

I hope he's right and the team gets over this bump but, if I were a Sheffield fan, I'd be feeling very confident about playing the devils.

Last edited:

osh

Quite an embarrassing interview in my opinion in the way Todd skirted around what is staring him and the fans in the face. I have huge respect for him but this is the poorest attempt at defending the indefensible I’ve heard in a long time. It certainly doesn’t look as if any immediate changes to the roster will happen ( apart from Valdix leaving of course ) and I don’t see our style of play and current squad being a success this season sadly.

kingmo19.1

Jeez, I do like Todd, but that was one hell of a rambling interview. He seemed to just run from topic to topic to topic and I think he’d still be talking now if the tape was still running!

tim78

Try not watching at 2am might help or if you're not here KingMo, then find some where the air isn't as thin!

Interview was fine and the answers for me were as I would expect, understandably, to the point and clear.

kingmo19.1

Try not watching at 2am might help or if you're not here KingMo, then find some where the air isn't as thin!

Interview was fine and the answers for me were as I would expect, understandably, to the point and clear.
I beg to differ, but respect your opinion none the less.

Pembo

I wonder if it was just an upbeat tweet to lift the mood alluding to spider senses sensing our form getting back on track? (and Crandall’s upcoming 3 point MOTM performance against Guildford tomorrow). Also will be end of Challenge Cup group phase which is definitely a good thing!
Appreciated hearing from Todd on the Tube, want much more he could say as not directly involved in coaching side and was pleased he didn’t seem content to hide behind our recent shot counts as could have been tempting just to blame bad luck. Hopefully mood will lift big time if we top the CC group this weekend as Guildford have had a great season so far.

Mazzoak

Pretty much reiterates what I’ve been writing. This situation isn’t ideal, though the alternative is worse. Think we all need to remember the lockdown uncertainty and how we all looked forward to UK ice hockey returning and be grateful for that.