Something good is coming?

tim78

Think of it this way, you don't rate Dupont... But without him we lost 2 games that should have been won, the rest have been tight results.

He isn't a standout player but lets see if we get a completely different result this weekend.

We have a good team.

jenks33

Think of it this way, you don't rate Dupont... But without him we lost 2 games that should have been won, the rest have been tight results.

He isn't a standout player but lets see if we get a completely different result this weekend.

We have a good team.
Bottom line regarding Dupont is he did improve before his injury but that first line centre role has been a huge issue for us with or without Dupont in the side.

Dupont was signed as our first line centre so “He isn’t a standout player” isn’t good enough I’m afraid. Lammon, Davies, Duggan etc can get away with not being a stand out player. Your first line centre can’t

Having said that I’ve previously stated that I’m happy to give him more time. There must be more to come from Dupont. Ideally i do want us to bring in another import forward tho

august04 2.0

We have a good team.
It’s positive that DuPont is back, he certainly contributes more than Valdix, and I’m hoping we see his form continuing to improve. I just sense that they wouldn’t hype up his return like that. I still think it’s a new signing.

Mazzoak

Just read the Devils site notification of Valdix leaving. Clearly states he’s left because of injury cover, the last sentence stating Dupont returns this weekend. So unless the person using the Devils Twitter Account is completely unaware of fan’s disappointment of the current squad or the Inferno members criticism only makes up a very small minority within he fan base........

With the way Steve likes to leave fans hanging l‘m hoping it’s still a wind up......

Hockeymad

Well I have never known devils to tweet on twitter "Something good is coming" just because a player is back from injury.

If so then I find it very weird to do this.

terry hunt

I note the Devils message thanking Valdix for his contribution and that other EIHL teams may be interested in him.
Does that he is off somewhere soon.
Maybe his old pals at Steelers may pick him up.

Diablo3

Thread starter #54
Well I listened to Todd's mid season update tonight and it doesn't look like there will be any additions short term, unless we continue to have scoring issues.

august04 2.0

Well I listened to Todd's mid season update tonight and it doesn't look like there will be any additions short term, unless we continue to have scoring issues.
We don’t hear from him too often, the fact that he’s just done a 20 minute interview tells you things aren’t going well but I agree it doesn’t sound as if changes are imminent. A very strange tweet then, that. Must have been the toilet bags!

jenks33

Just listened to it. So you can only have 19 players full stop? (Not including two way players). Looks like you can’t carry a spare from what Todd was saying.
As usual he’s honest and talks a lot of sense but I did have an issue with a couple of things. He tried his best to defend the decision to have 19 man rosters but that was such a poor decision by the powers that be. I can see what they were thinking but with Covid + injuries 19 man rosters are going to be an issue all season. Also I feel Todd more than anybody has spoken about how strong the league has become (before this season) and one of the factors was 4 line hockey. Suddenly he’s poo-pooing 4 line hockey and he said teams don’t really need more then 9 forwards and 5 Dmen. Even when you factor in covid? I didn’t agree with what he was saying to be honest.

He kept on reiterating we should be scoring more goals when we have 50+ shots. Not necessarily if those shots are from the outside. One thing most of us can agree on is a high percentage of our shots aren’t threatening the goalies enough. I hope I’m wrong but I really struggle to see this team scoring enough goals, even if things improve.

All in all it is good to hear Todd and Steve come out this week and admit that it hasn’t been good enough.

august04 2.0

He can try to justify the 19 man roster size all he likes, but it was a bloody ridiculous decision. It’s great and no problem if everyone is fit, or even if you’re just missing one or two. But we had Nottingham and Coventry here recently, and both were badly depleted. Coventry had just 12 skaters for the majority of that game (and still beat us!). That’s just gives you an inferior on ice product and is taking us fans for mugs.
We know he can’t come out and say that players need to be released but I do worry if he really thinks we don’t need a change or two. I’m also intrigued to see if these players can just turn on the effort/desire levels this weekend. We’ve seen Skalde bemoan their work rate in quite a few interviews this past few weeks, without anything changing - might not be so easy to just switch that back on. Let’s hope they do, as this is about as tough a weekend as we’ve had so far in the EIHL.