Some reasons why we are top of the league

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
1. Obviously we are the best team in the league.
2. We have the least loses in the league
3. We have conceeded the least goals against percentage in the league
4. Our goals for average per game is 2nd in the league
5. We are in the bottom 3 for penalties against in the league
So we can score,we can defend, we are disciplined, we sure entertain, and no one will push us around. Put that in the mix with a great Arena, amazing fans, top drawer management,and the best night out in Cardiff, and you get what.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

KaneDevils

He kind of has a point. It's possibly the worst rosters Belfast, Coventry and Nottingham have had in a while. Just look at the league table.
Someone said on another thread that it's already a two horse race.....

Finny

He kind of has a point. It's possibly the worst rosters Belfast, Coventry and Nottingham have had in a while. Just look at the league table.
Someone said on another thread that it's already a two horse race.....
Nottingham perhaps. But every other team has upgraded on what they've had in recent years. Don't forget the import limit went up this summer.

KaneDevils

Nottingham perhaps. But every other team has upgraded on what they've had in recent years. Don't forget the import limit went up this summer.
On paper perhaps. Braehead have been poor, Coventry too, Panthers in sixth, and Belfast realistically, will have to win virtually every game remaining to stand any chance. How times have changed.

Electro

You cannot tell me Sheffield are happy at this moment.

Depends what you mean by upgrade, a players stats are only really any use in the league there from, when you change countries or leagues then I'm sorry stats then become irrelevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocko

Maybe because the teams you've mentioned as being so poor are poor because everyone is improving. Teams who used to be the whipping boys; Fife, Edinburgh, Hull, Dundee, and us to a degree are now stronger than ever and Manchester are certainly a squad that is an upgrade on Hull.

I think it was mentioned somewhere else but we used to recruit mostly from the defunct CHL, now unless players have played consistently at AHL level or were stars of the ECHL we don't really think too highly of them. Add in the fact that most teams have 4 lines, I find it incredibly hard to believe the standard hasn't risen drastically in the past few years. We now have two players with NHL games on there resumes, one not for fighting either, playing on the fourth line, how ridiculous is that.

Electro

You have a point, to a point. I'm not comparing teams of the past to current teams.

Take F1 as an example, yr on yr cars and drivers improve, yet only one team is competitive, although the advantage of competing against itself, but the analogy is similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

Think it's best not to respond.

To win an argument against a clever person is hard but to win against a stupid person is near impossible.

Not calling anyone stupid. Just reciting what I read somewhere today. Fascinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samael

Back on topic........ Money and owners who want to invest and win. It's as simple as that. Also Wannabe, give it a rest with the cringey spammy threads man, they are getting old. You're bored, but do you really have to create 6 or 7 threads a week like this?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #14
Don't read them then, you have a choice as do us all, if I want to post then I will and certainly won't wait to have your permission to do so. Enjoy your evening.

Samael

They are all the same though, if your posts had some variety it wouldnt be so bad (or boring). When you're not embarassing yourself over on the cage you're here cringing up this forum. Broken record, but yeah fair point I won't bother reading your arse kissing drivel anymore. Good day.

KaneDevils

Maybe because the teams you've mentioned as being so poor are poor because everyone is improving. Teams who used to be the whipping boys; Fife, Edinburgh, Hull, Dundee, and us to a degree are now stronger than ever and Manchester are certainly a squad that is an upgrade on Hull.

I think it was mentioned somewhere else but we used to recruit mostly from the defunct CHL, now unless players have played consistently at AHL level or were stars of the ECHL we don't really think too highly of them. Add in the fact that most teams have 4 lines, I find it incredibly hard to believe the standard hasn't risen drastically in the past few years. We now have two players with NHL games on there resumes, one not for fighting either, playing on the fourth line, how ridiculous is that.
The only example that helps your point is fife. Edinburgh are still bottom and will likely finish there. Player upgrades might seem like upgrades on paper. As has been said, a players stats in the Italian league mean little when he joins the eihl. We've already seen quite a few of these "upgrades" gassed already, add to that one's who have disappointed.

James

Administrator
I'd disagree. A rising tide raises all ships. I reckon this years Caps team would give some of the bigger clubs teams from a few years ago a run for their money. Yes they are in last place but they aren't getting thrashed the way they used too, and that's against better teams than they used to play.

Ocko

The only example that helps your point is fife. Edinburgh are still bottom and will likely finish there. Player upgrades might seem like upgrades on paper. As has been said, a players stats in the Italian league mean little when he joins the eihl. We've already seen quite a few of these "upgrades" gassed already, add to that one's who have disappointed.
But your point about the Italian league just proves the improvement. A few years ago if you did well in that league you would do very well in the EIHL, Mac Faulkner being the best example; his output increased when he moved to the EIHL as the Italian league was of a higher standard then. Now clearly it isn't. Players who have done well in that league previously production has decreased on moving to the EIHL.

And you don't think Dundee have improved? Signing players like Scarcella and Faryna. Or Manchester compared to Hull? Or Edinburgh going from losing almost every game to being able to turn over the bigger teams on their night. If you don't think there is improvement you are dillusional and looking for reasons to knock the league.

And which 'upgrades' as you call them have been gassed?

Last edited:

Finny

You have a point, to a point. I'm not comparing teams of the past to current teams.
So what are you comparing them to?

If you're saying we're doing well this season because we're better than the other teams - well that's pretty obvious.

As Ocko pointed out, in previous years most teams would be full of CHL-quality players with ECHLers making up the first line.
This year even the lower teams have mostly ECHLers with a couple of AHLers. Heck, we've got to ex-NHlers on our 4th line!!!

KaneDevils

Edinburgh beating arena teams is nothing new. Hull often won against the odds too, bad example. Havent coventry and braehead both gassed players for not living up to expectations? Weve all been disappointed with rosehill and big ern?

Weve even criticised our own, ulmer, bordy and doucet earlier in the season.