Soderstrom sacked

Yeah, our d hasn't been great for a while now. I don't want to sound too harsh and I wish Matty all the best, I really do, but he just wasn't in the right job. He's far too nice a bloke to shout and scream at players on the ice etc.

KaneDevils

discountedawaytravel said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
Tad# said:
Would you prefer Pope?
It was irony as everyone who gets offerred a long time role with the Devils is gone two weeks later. Conboy being the prime example
change the record and stop hijacking every thread
so boring
And predictable. Have a word with yourself!
A poster continually trolling? Que DevilDom and an accusation of being a banned poster from the not too distant past. :idea:

KaneDevils

DevilDom said:
Kane you seem obsessed with this which is very strange if its not true.

Only one troll on this forum and its not Jody.
But Jody does troll threads as do several others. How does that make one? ;:|

Wagstaff

Ocko said:
This just made Thursdays game a lot harder.

A new coach and players playing for their places on the roster.

Nice to see an upfront, honest and respectful press release about the change too. Perhaps Blaze's PR person could pass some tips to ours.
You mean Blaze don't need a 'Head of Player Development'? I though it is an essential part of any coaching change 'moving forward' to have this essential coaching role.
Nothing has been said of what will be Matties future, its a shame it didn't work out as he's a really nice guy, but I'm glad we didn't go down the route of promoting our webcast commentator to head coach, that doesn't seem to be too popular here?

Recent tweets/facebook comments from Simmsey paint a different picture. Seems like some players were taking advantage of Soderström's good nature.

mazza03

Oh please don't say that we need Whis on the bench for the rest of the season.[/quote]

Would you prefer Pope?[/quote]
Where does it say I prefer Pope? On the contrary it says that I don't want him as a coach :DWD

Sarcasm doesn't work very well in text.

For those who don't know. Simmsey has been on the radio here too. He's repeated what he's said and even named Ginand and the Henrich brothers.

Gazza272

Tad# said:

For those who don't know. Simmsey has been on the radio here too. He's repeated what he's said and even named Ginand and the Henrich brothers.

Players are never perfect Angels though. In any situation.

kettdevil1

Tad# said:

Genuine question Tad.....what have you made of the Henrich's? They came in with a big fanfare and the numbers aren't bad but every time I see them they seem to sum up where the Blaze have been this year....half interested and drifting around and I wonder what sort of influence they are to some of the others. At least Ginand looks as though he cares.....

Adam reminds me of Galbraith in a lot of ways. When he can be bothered he's brilliant, (probably one of the best in the league), but 85% of the time he just seems to dift around. Not good enough for the sort of wages he's no doubt on.

As for Micheal, I'd get rid of him. He's been on holiday since he got here. We stuck him upfront and he struggled, we stuck him on D and he became inconsistent. One minute he plays like the 4th D man, the next, forwards are dancing around him for a laugh.

I don't think we'll see either next season mind.

Sheincar

kettdevil1 said:
Tad# said:

Genuine question Tad.....what have you made of the Henrich's? They came in with a big fanfare and the numbers aren't bad but every time I see them they seem to sum up where the Blaze have been this year....half interested and drifting around and I wonder what sort of influence they are to some of the others. At least Ginand looks as though he cares.....
Have to say the only Blaze player who stands out for me is Ginand & I'd have him on our team. I may change my mind after tomorrow though :lol: