Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2024/25

Jonesy83

Danny Stewart new coach of Nottingham
Wow….I’d be majorly underwhelmed with that as a Panthers fan.
I know he’s been in the league for a long time but this just screams mediocre ambition to me. From a team that should be and could be a top 4 Club.

Rempel16

Wow….I’d be majorly underwhelmed with that as a Panthers fan.
I know he’s been in the league for a long time but this just screams mediocre ambition to me. From a team that should be and could be a top 4 Club.
I see it the opposite. He has consistently gotten the Blaze to compete, punching above their weight. He deserves the chance to see what he can do with a bigger budget.

Devil94

I can see why they have done it. What they need is consistency and reliability. Stewart is someone who knows the league better than anyone, and someone who is not going to use Nottingham as a spring board for a better job in Europe after one season. He will be there probably as long as they want him and will be given time to build something with a bigger budget than he's used to.

Rempel16

Fair, but would that be you same thought if he was brought in as Devils head coach?
Good question. I think I'd be against him coming into the Devils... But not for those reasons.
Looking at it purely as the style his teams play, they're effective but bloody boring to watch. Perhaps on a bigger budget he will change the way his team plays.

For me, I'm realistic enough to think that actually the Devils shouldn't be competing for trophies year in year out. We cannot match Belfast and Sheffield for budget so I look more at the product we put on the ice. If it's entertaining then that's good for me. If Stewart's teams played a guts n glory, rough n tumble, blue collar game night in night out then I'd happily have him from Coventry.

I wonder how his "clutch and grab" neutral ice trap, boring "anti-hockey" will go down on big ice.
I don’t think the Panthers fans will be too bothered as they seem to be relatively happy the "minimum service level" fare that Neil Black serves up season upon season!

ASHIPP

I imagine if he's backed with some investment in players, that's exactly the sort of style he might deliver at the Panthers. Their fans have moaned about lack of entertainment and hard work for years ( last season excepted....a truly tragic situation at Panthers).
Always respected Danny Stewart. Who knows what he can do at a bigger club. The one advantage he clearly has is that he has played and coached here for a long time. He gets it.

Question is, who will Blaze appoint as their Coach now?

moggy#9

I wonder how his "clutch and grab" neutral ice trap, boring "anti-hockey" will go down on big ice.
I don’t think the Panthers fans will be too bothered as they seem to be relatively happy the "minimum service level" fare that Neil Black serves up season upon season!
Coventry has exactly the same size ice surface as most of the other rinks in the league, so it shouldn't really make a difference. That said, you select your tactics based on the capabilities of your team. If he has the resources for better players, maybe his style of game will evolve.

Coventry has exactly the same size ice surface as most of the other rinks in the league, so it shouldn't really make a difference. That said, you select your tactics based on the capabilities of your team. If he has the resources for better players, maybe his style of game will evolve.
I take your point on pad size but Neil Black doesn’t like to spend money on players, he prefers to trouser it!

BostonBart22

I imagine if he's backed with some investment in players, that's exactly the sort of style he might deliver at the Panthers. Their fans have moaned about lack of entertainment and hard work for years ( last season excepted....a truly tragic situation at Panthers).
Always respected Danny Stewart. Who knows what he can do at a bigger club. The one advantage he clearly has is that he has played and coached here for a long time. He gets it.

Question is, who will Blaze appoint as their Coach now?
Matt ginn ??