Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2024/25

Devils86

Which I did find rather funny.

As are some of the meltdowns from their fanbase following the announcement.
Yes it appears to be either: 'OMG how could they let him go'; or 'he was useless and glad hes gone'

EIHL Twitter (or just Twitter at its best!)...but tbf you could pick virtually any Devils player and get the same split of opinions and meltdown both on here and on Twitter

kettdevil1

Ben O’Connor to Stars.

That’s a 1 2 offensive punch on their blue line and good pick up to their Brit Pack.

Interesting move.
Very interesting and a great pick up for the Stars. I know it was a disaster here for O'Connor and he is still good for an awful penalty or two but nobody can deny that he is a top end Brit.

Wonder who the Flames have to replace him? There aren't a plethora of decent Brit D men

moggy#9

Very interesting and a great pick up for the Stars. I know it was a disaster here for O'Connor and he is still good for an awful penalty or two but nobody can deny that he is a top end Brit.

Wonder who the Flames have to replace him? There aren't a plethora of decent Brit D men
To be honest I find him incredibly over rated. For a supposedly high end defenceman, his positioning and defensive awareness is at times awful. Guildford are clearly looking to rebound from a disappointing season.

kettdevil1

To be honest I find him incredibly over rated. For a supposedly high end defenceman, his positioning and defensive awareness is at times awful. Guildford are clearly looking to rebound from a disappointing season.
But his offensive upside is greater than any other Brit D man I could think of?

moggy#9

But his offensive upside is greater than any other Brit D man I could think of?
I was shocked to see that he was their highest scoring defenceman for the season just ended, and with a +8. I think that the fact that he's been on a merry-go-round of teams, and that flames didn't want to keep him, says a lot.

BostonBart22

Batch....not far from his home town...just saying....or dave Philips from giants...