Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

Rempel16

Pretty much every one of the Clan's players looked like their legs had gone though, they were garbage! I’m sure Dixon will know when to hang them up. He may have already.
They were garbage as a team for sure... But that's not to say there weren't some 100% guys in there... Dixon certainly being one of them. Of course he will know when to hang them up, that's his own decision.

It doesn't mean that teams have to take a punt on him just because he says he's not ready to retire. If he's a yard slower he will be nowhere near as effective as his last stint.

august04 2.0

They were garbage as a team for sure... But that's not to say there weren't some 100% guys in there... Dixon certainly being one of them. Of course he will know when to hang them up, that's his own decision.

It doesn't mean that teams have to take a punt on him just because he says he's not ready to retire. If he's a yard slower he will be nowhere near as effective as his last stint.
Disagree on your last point. Speed has not been key to his game, certainly in his time with us. His experience would make up for that. His strengths lie in his all round game, hard work, grit, physicality, face off expertise. It may all be irrelevant anyway if he's retired, as Moggy suggests.

Rempel16

Disagree on your last point. Speed has not been key to his game, certainly in his time with us. His experience would make up for that. His strengths lie in his all round game, hard work, grit, physicality, face off expertise. It may all be irrelevant anyway if he's retired, as Moggy suggests.
That's valid... However, where he excelled as a 3rd line centre for us was his ability to get in on the forecheck and play a 200ft game in the same shift. I appreciate he has so many more facets to his game, but I'm not so sure he'd dominate the ice like he used to... if he's lost a yard of pace.

august04 2.0

That's valid... However, where he excelled as a 3rd line centre for us was his ability to get in on the forecheck and play a 200ft game in the same shift. I appreciate he has so many more facets to his game, but I'm not so sure he'd dominate the ice like he used to... if he's lost a yard of pace.
But you wouldn’t expect him to dominate the ice as he used to, on the third/fourth line. When he was on the third line initially for us, the league was so much stronger than it is now. And the last season he was with us, he was on the first line. I wouldn’t expect the level of contribution from that year when he was centreing Reid and Crandall, but he could still be a huge influence further down the line up, in the dressing room and in a player coach role. And there was still no better face off guy in the league last year. I wouldn’t be disappointed at all if he ended up here in a player/asst. coach role.

moggy#9

The problem with older players becomes niggling injuries.

kingmo19.1

Jeez the Dixon love is getting a bit tiring! He was good for us but the past is the past, his legs we're totally gone in the playoff final we won under DuPont (just re-watch it!). Russell wants a fast team (re-watch his interview). Time to move on!

Jeez the Dixon love is getting a bit tiring! He was good for us but the past is the past, his legs we're totally gone in the playoff final we won under DuPont (just re-watch it!). Russell wants a fast team (re-watch his interview). Time to move on!
People might be thinking at him for an assistant coach role. Would take him any day for that role....

Kevlar68

I think Dixon embodied the Devils ethos, even in his last season even though a bit slower he gave 100% every second he was on the ice and he has been a winner with the Devils so he knows what you need to make this team competitive. Having him within the coaching set up would be a great addition and he knows allot of our players if the ones we think are re-signing do re-sign.

Devils86

McAdam signs a new 2 season deal, whilst Griffiths (who was at the Batch testimonial?) enters the final year of his own 2 season deal

ASHIPP