Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #265
Wow. I know that every team has a selection of weirdos and puck bunnies, but that's pretty scary - particularly in a place like Belfast.
Why in a place like Belfast? And could someone be so kind as to post a sample tweet about Cullan being hounded out? I can never find them.,and feel I am missing out

Finny

Why in a place like Belfast? And could someone be so kind as to post a sample tweet about Cullan being hounded out? I can never find them.,and feel I am missing out
*deleted*

I have been asked by the author of one of the tweets I just posted a link to to remove it.

Which is kind of ironic based on what Belfast fans do to this forum but hey, I guess we’re better than them.

E.D.S.

Speaking of Belfast....

GIANTS | Confirm that Josh ("Papa") Roach will be back for the new season as the second year of his 2-year deal signed last season.

He will start on their IR list though as he continues his recovery from injury.

https://www.belfastgiants.com/news/roach-returns-for-a-giant-2023-24-season
Horrible player to play against. Great on the puck, great skater and loves to finish a hit. Constantly in the niggly stuff as well. When we played them away and he had that full cage on, he was unplayable. He was never going to take it off and answer the bell so he just kept hitting everything and winding everyone up. Brilliant and annoying to watch in equal measure.

JC23

*deleted*

I have been asked by the author of one of the tweets I just posted a link to to remove it.

Which is kind of ironic based on what Belfast fans do to this forum but hey, I guess we’re better than them.
”I wish more Giants fans had your attitude” - then tarring the entire fanbase with the same brush as the ones who post screenshots?

Come off it Finny. Someone asked you reasonably to take their likeness down, because they couldn’t respond in person to the screenshot (not link), you did so, which I applaud you for. Then you post something as petulant as that? Be better.

Finny

”I wish more Giants fans had your attitude” - then tarring the entire fanbase with the same brush as the ones who post screenshots?

Come off it Finny. Someone asked you reasonably to take their likeness down, because they couldn’t respond in person to the screenshot (not link), you did so, which I applaud you for. Then you post something as petulant as that? Be better.
It wasn’t petulant. It was being honest.

A small minority of Giants fans are obsessed with trawling social media for comments to screenshot and then mock. This forum gets targeted a lot and after calling them out on it I’ve been targeted a lot too.
If more Giants called for it to stop then less would be doing it.

JC23

It wasn’t petulant. It was being honest.

A small minority of Giants fans are obsessed with trawling social media for comments to screenshot and then mock. This forum gets targeted a lot and after calling them out on it I’ve been targeted a lot too.
If more Giants called for it to stop then less would be doing.

Having said that, I might have been wrong with saying I wish more had her attitude as she is now screenshotting my posts on here and posting them. Presumably for like and to start a pile on.
“A small minority” isn’t what you said though, is it? Instead you tarred my future wife with a broad brush aimed at all Giants fans.

If I were you, I wouldn’t be the one getting on my high horse about screenshots here, given previous instances shall we say.

Finny

“A small minority” isn’t what you said though, is it? Instead you tarred my future wife with a broad brush aimed at all Giants fans.

If I were you, I wouldn’t be the one getting on my high horse about screenshots here, given previous instances shall we say.
Shall we say? Shall we say what?

As I pointed out to your future wife on twitter, if she had a problem with my post she should have DM’d me and I’d have deleted it straight away. Or, she could have asked her future husband to PM me on here and I’d have done the same thing.

Instead, she‘s ended up drawing more attention to herself and her tweet than needed to be.
Maybe we all need to learn from out mistakes yes?

jenks33

Rumours a couple of weeks ago that Zack Fitzgerald was in talks with Fife regarding the head coach position. Would be an interesting appointment. Doesn’t appear to have stayed in coaching since leaving Glasgow 3 years ago though?

Finny

Rumours a couple of weeks ago that Zack Fitzgerald was in talks with Fife regarding the head coach position. Would be an interesting appointment. Doesn’t appear to have stayed in coaching since leaving Glasgow 3 years ago though?
He replied to the tweet straight away saying the Rumour wasn't true.

Unless it was just a bluff……