Signings and Departures - Cardiff Devils 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Stu was listed as on a 2 year deal somewhere at the start of the year...

But haven't heard anything else of it since. I think it was on WalesOnline, so quite possibly could of been an error. But that's probably where the Steelers got it from.

wildthing74

Scott said:
I'm sure Stu was listed as on a 2 year deal somewhere at the start of the year...

But haven't heard anything else of it since. I think it was on WalesOnline, so quite possibly could of been an error. But that's probably where the Steelers got it from.
Stuuu and all the other guys only had the 1 yr deal unlike Jarvo and Hartwick who had the 2.Lots of talk that both he and Pelle were going to take up the option of doing the 2nd year but I heard it does not have to be at the same school.

It'll be interesting to see what players he can take with him. Let's hope they didn't really like him.

For me he never felt like a Devil, he felt on loan from Sheff, hated him for clapping sheff fans in the BBT after each game.

voth26

thought finners would be leaving when heard he was going to kenya instead of attending players leaving night and when he said he was going to play on same line as jono!!, think he may try to take hilly,tylor,stuuu and possibly vother and a few others

voth26 said:
thought finners would be leaving when heard he was going to kenya instead of attending players leaving night and when he said he was going to play on same line as jono!!, think he may try to take hilly,tylor,stuuu and possibly vother and a few others
I'm pretty sure Ragan will try and keep both sets of fans happy. I can't see Sheffield signing anyone from us, nor us signing any Squeelers. Their would be uproar otherwise lol.

I think with Finnerty it's a bit different because he's gone for a 'promotion' to coach.

I do hope we'll start hearing some signing news soon though. We've got Richie back on his second year of a two year deal, but with the merry-go-round of Brits at the momemnt I'm anxious to hear about Sam and Hilly being signed up.

Technically Sheffield haven't signed anyone from the Devils. Don't forget Finnerty was only on a two year contract, so technically he was signed by Sheffield as a free agent.

Really hope that the Tylor rumour isnt true, he has been a great player for us over the last two years and i dont think i could bare to watch him play in the Sheffield colours, like many others after a great season i was hoping for one or two changes, keep the core of the side together and potentially win the lot next season, but all i see and hear is of players leaving, Please give us something positive,just to kick on what has seen excellent season ticket sales already.
Tim Smith looks a good player, but a forward to replace Matzka i would like a player similar to Mark Hurtubise, whose stats appear more than ok.

TheStub

Re: Re: Signings and Departures - Cardiff Devils 2011/12

Qweeb said:
i heard tylor retiring end of season!
That is my fear. He seems to be going great guns on this fire fighter thing. I guess he would need to start out whilst still quite young, but I hope we have put a package together to keep him with the Devils for a long time, or at the very least another season.

Tylor has all the makings of a franchise player for us - eventual number from the rafters type player.

totally agree should have put pen to paper a while back we are gonna lose voth maybe this season maybe next this guy is what we need players to be get him back now!!!

ASHIPP

Re: Re: Signings and Departures - Cardiff Devils 2011/12

TheStub said:
Qweeb said:
i heard tylor retiring end of season!
That is my fear. He seems to be going great guns on this fire fighter thing. I guess he would need to start out whilst still quite young, but I hope we have put a package together to keep him with the Devils for a long time, or at the very least another season.

Tylor has all the makings of a franchise player for us - eventual number from the rafters type player.
Tylor epitomises everything about the Cardiff Devils - skills, grit and personality. :D :cool:
Think I'd be physically sick if he joined another team in this country. :( :? He's made no secret how passionate he is about becoming a professional firefighter - perhaps he feels it's time to do that now. I just hope that the Devils could offer him something he's happy with to sign for a couple more years and then persue his dream. He knows he has a very special place in the hearts of the fans here....not to mention how huge his contribution is to this team. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.