Shirt purchase

Swarley

Good response by Todd. Got to agree with swarley about shop. The big guy in there is a right miserable git
It's not just him, I've only found one person in that shop who is not only polite, but actually makes an effort to engage conversation with customers and always seems to be in good spirit and that's the young lad called zack "I think that was his name" absolutely awesome young lad and genuinely wished the rest of them showed his enthusiasm for the merchandise they sell.

Onto the jerseys that are being sorted, I still think it shouldn't of been put on Todd's shoulders, I've spoke to him in person before about this issue and he was either genuinely upset with how everything was handled or he's a bloody good actor, I feel bad that this had to get to a level where he had to step in not once but twice and all the while this was happening the shop stayed silent didn't say anything on Twitter or Facebook that to me is more damaging then anything else and it comes across as lazy and shady.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #82
It was good of TK to give an explanation BUT a shirt that was ordered at the shop on 11th Aug still hasn't arrived so that's over 4 weeks, so 4 weeks to make and send the original orders. IF that shirt arrives tomorrow delivery it will be the wrong one and sent back. Which means if the first shirts took over 4 weeks how will the new shirts only take 8 days? If they are there on the 21st then hats off to pulling it out of the bag.

And to be fair to Todd its a good explanation without him really having to BUT someone in the shop or whoever did the ordering has dropped the ball big time.
How difficult is it to say to supplier "Junior jerseys in this design and material, Adults in this design and Material" then get a confirmation e-mail from the supplier showing they know exactly what they have to make.
Also the shop did seem clueless from what i've been told from my friend who ordered a shirt by not knowing if shirt was there or not, surely they have a tick list of names to shirts just to quickly refer to when someone calls, that's pretty basic retail paperwork.

CaldicotDevil

It was good of TK to give an explanation BUT a shirt that was ordered at the shop on 11th Aug still hasn't arrived so that's over 4 weeks, so 4 weeks to make and send the original orders. IF that shirt arrives tomorrow delivery it will be the wrong one and sent back. Which means if the first shirts took over 4 weeks how will the new shirts only take 8 days? If they are there on the 21st then hats off to pulling it out of the bag.

And to be fair to Todd its a good explanation without him really having to BUT someone in the shop or whoever did the ordering has dropped the ball big time.
How difficult is it to say to supplier "Junior jerseys in this design and material, Adults in this design and Material" then get a confirmation e-mail from the supplier showing they know exactly what they have to make.
Also the shop did seem clueless from what i've been told from my friend who ordered a shirt by not knowing if shirt was there or not, surely they have a tick list of names to shirts just to quickly refer to when someone calls, that's pretty basic retail paperwork.
Sounds to me like it’s a supplier QC error. The fact the supplier has agree to take back the wrong Devils shirt and turned the new round so quick. I’ve ordered one for Frölunda away be lucky to get it but it is what it is.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #84
From TK's explanation he has put no blame on supplier, his words "We messed up" which i find quite refreshing, he could have passed the buck.

Last edited:
Good response by Todd. Got to agree with swarley about shop. The big guy in there is a right miserable git
Miserable git? That's an understatement!!

On the few occasions I've had the misfortune to go in that shop, I'm met with rude comments, I've been served with his back to me, and when asking for advice I've been met with sarcasm. I now refuse to ever go into that shop, and I know there are MANY other fans who feel the same.

As a parent to a Cardiff Junior Devil, I get the bare minimum from that shop - (team jerseys only, and that's because there is no option to buy elsewhere). For everything else, we go to Pro-line in town. It's a conversation I've had time and time again with other parents, too.

The club shop is losing out on thousands due to the blatant rudeness of the staff, and Corky in particular.

Swarley

Miserable git? That's an understatement!!

On the few occasions I've had the misfortune to go in that shop, I'm met with rude comments, I've been served with his back to me, and when asking for advice I've been met with sarcasm. I now refuse to ever go into that shop, and I know there are MANY other fans who feel the same.

As a parent to a Cardiff Junior Devil, I get the bare minimum from that shop - (team jerseys only, and that's because there is no option to buy elsewhere). For everything else, we go to Pro-line in town. It's a conversation I've had time and time again with other parents, too.

The club shop is losing out on thousands due to the blatant rudeness of the staff, and Corky in particular.
I think the only way the shop can get fixed is if everyone who has had an unflattering experience with the shops staff actually band together and all put a complaint in together as a collective, maybe then Todd and the others will see just how badly the place is run.

I think the only way the shop can get fixed is if everyone who has had an unflattering experience with the shops staff actually band together and all put a complaint in together as a collective, maybe then Todd and the others will see just how badly the place is run.
Exactly. Even a quick straw poll and asking the opinion of fans at home games and Junior Devils parents would highlight just how much they're losing in revenue. It's that bad that I'm even looking on eBay for a jersey from last season - I don't want to go into the club shop to get a new one!

My kid needs to update their kit for this season. For the basic setup, we're looking at around £400 per child for skates, helmets, pads, shorts etc. We are off to Proline to get it all. Multiply that by the vast majority of parents who also prefer to shop elsewhere, and that's not good news for the clubs coffers.

In an ideal world, we would buy it all 'in-house', including the other merchandise available (branded warm-up gear, hoodies etc). Until things change, our custom will go elsewhere.

Swarley

Exactly. Even a quick straw poll and asking the opinion of fans at home games and Junior Devils parents would highlight just how much they're losing in revenue. It's that bad that I'm even looking on eBay for a jersey from last season - I don't want to go into the club shop to get a new one!

My kid needs to update their kit for this season. For the basic setup, we're looking at around £400 per child for skates, helmets, pads, shorts etc. We are off to Proline to get it all. Multiply that by the vast majority of parents who also prefer to shop elsewhere, and that's not good news for the clubs coffers.

In an ideal world, we would buy it all 'in-house', including the other merchandise available (branded warm-up gear, hoodies etc). Until things change, our custom will go elsewhere.
If Todd isn't too busy this weekend and can spare me 30 seconds I'll air all issues to him with regards to the shop, I'm not holding my breath he'll have the time to listen but if I can get him to understand that the shops losing money because of the staff and I can back this claim up it might have a drastic change, like I had to point out to some people on twitter, I've no issue with the team the club or Todd, my issue is the shop the staff and how they run the business of selling Devils merch.

Hedd Wyn John

I've had no issues being served by the teenage lad in the shop but I once went I to collect a devils baseball t shirt my sister had ordered. I was served by a middle aged chap, brown hair, around 6ft tall. Not sure of his name but he opens the penalty box door for the away teams. Anyway I asked for the t shirt and quoted my order reference. Anyway after a lot of searching it couldnt be found. Anyway after some head scratching & more searching through bags the guy found my order and quite rudely said 'it was a baseball t shirt you ordered not a T shirt!.' so I sarcastically said thanks and went on my way. (turns out people were collecting special order play off tshirts at the time and the guy assumed id ordered one of those and so looked in the wrong place). I have to say though the other time that he served me he was OK. However judging by the number of comments from fans about the shop, clearly there is an issue.

I once witnessed one of the shop assistants (not the young lad!) being extremely rude to an older gentleman, completely unneccasarily. I was so mortified by his actions, I've made a point of not stepping foot in the place since. So glad this is being discussed, I'm sure that TK et al. are un-aware of the situation otherwise I'm sure something would be done!

Katrina was made aware when a Milton Keynes fan was verbally abused in the shop at the end of last season..... not acceptable in any way.

I've bought kids hockey stuff from Skatepro in Denmark rather than from the Viola shop. Such a shame as we should be able to support our rink shop with our business but I find it impossible to do so

august04

This doesn’t make good reading. TK must be mortified reading this last couple of pages. I think I’d be trying to do this in-house instead of continuing as is and have people spending their hard earned money elsewhere. Or get more customer friendly people in the shop!