seating block for playoffs

All teams are sitting in the same blocks are last year. There are a few minor changes to fit in our new Scottish friends.

I'm not sure why the league decided to drop the tradition of moving everyone around each year. It may be simply that the person allocating the seats is new to ice hockey are didn't realise.

Regardless of everything, Sheffield and Nottingham crowds will be the largest, with Coventry, Belfast and Cardiff close behind. It must be difficult trying to decide the easiest places for everyone, especially as this year they have to squeeze in 2 more teams fans. Its not as simple as just rotating the whole arena seating by 1 or 2 blocks because each team demands a different number of seats. As someone has already pointed out, the atmosphere with the current arrangement is going to be mega intense.

You can't please everyone all of the time. If anyone has any suggestions re alternative arrangements I'm sure the League would welcome them. To me, theyve done the best they can with the facilities available.

Clare said:
Regardless of everything, Sheffield and Nottingham crowds will be the largest, with Coventry, Belfast and Cardiff close behind. It must be difficult trying to decide the easiest places for everyone, especially as this year they have to squeeze in 2 more teams fans. Its not as simple as just rotating the whole arena seating by 1 or 2 blocks because each team demands a different number of seats. As someone has already pointed out, the atmosphere with the current arrangement is going to be mega intense.

You can't please everyone all of the time. If anyone has any suggestions re alternative arrangements I'm sure the League would welcome them. To me, theyve done the best they can with the facilities available.
They haven't done the best they can - they haven't actually done anything. And the fact remains they have rotated fans every other year - why is it so much more difficult this year?! Ok, two extra teams but they have previously given blocks to Basingstoke and Manchester so it can't be too difficult to add the extra.

Wannabe2

clairey_faerie said:
Clare said:

They haven't done the best they can - they haven't actually done anything. And the fact remains they have rotated fans every other year - why is it so much more difficult this year?! Ok, two extra teams but they have previously given blocks to Basingstoke and Manchester so it can't be too difficult to add the extra.
And that reply is spot on.

Chris

Administrator
There are a small number of seats where the view is affected by the handrails on the concourse level and at the bottom of the stairs I believe.

From being up here in Nottingham , i'm fairly certain they're always the very last seats to be sold, how that's going to affect the playoff seating plans I don't know though.

Chris.

Clare said:
Have the number of tickets this year actually been reduced from last years allocation??
Looking at a list on some forum (Cant for the life of me find where it was) we have been allocated Blocks 9 and 10 which is the same as last year. So looks like the ticket number should be the same . I dont thnk one of the smaller clubs has been added to us.

Ah ok. Obviously the increasing popularity of the Devils this year has caused a surge in interest. Perhaps they will consider increasing it next year if the crowd numbers remain at 1600+ each game.

Anyone know how many Belfast & Coventry have each? I would expect them to have almost the same as the Devils.

Clare said:
Ah ok. Obviously the increasing popularity of the Devils this year has caused a surge in interest. Perhaps they will consider increasing it next year if the crowd numbers remain at 1600+ each game.

Anyone know how many Belfast & Coventry have each? I would expect them to have almost the same as the Devils.
not confirmed but someone on the hockey forum posted this

1 = General Sale
2 = Sheffield
3 = Sheffield
4 = Sheffield
5 = Sheffield
6 = Coventry
7 = Coventry/Hull
8 = Newcastle
9 = Cardiff
10 = Cardiff
11 = Edinburgh/Dundee/Braehead
12 = Belfast/Braehead
13 = Belfast
14 = Nottingham
15 = Nottingham
16 = Nottingham
17 = Nottingham
18 = General Sale
19 = General Sale

Also i think, it depends on the final four . If one of the 'big teams' gets knocked out alot of the fans try and sell off their tickets.