seating block for playoffs

clairey_faerie said:
we were in 9-10 last year. We won't be in the same blocks this year surely? I'll be really annoyed if we are

Me too, I thought there was some sort of rotation system? As far as I remeber that's what's happened in the past.

Well it's hardly fair if there isn't a rotation system. I hate sitting behind the nets on the end of the rink but if it means I have to put up with it one year so I don't have to do it the next thats fine. If our allocated block is that I want reduced tickets!

DevilDom

I don't think its very fair. The best blocks are obviously on half way or to the sides of that. Surely this should be rotated?

DevilDom said:
I don't think its very fair. The best blocks are obviously on half way or to the sides of that. Surely this should be rotated?
That's my point. You can guarantee Nottingham will have seats at centre ice again. If there's to be no rotation there should at least be a discount. I'd rather the rotation though! Sitting in blocks 9 and 10 you can see hardly anything from the other end of the ice

DevilDom

clairey_faerie said:
DevilDom said:
That's my point. You can guarantee Nottingham will have seats at centre ice again. If there's to be no rotation there should at least be a discount. I'd rather the rotation though! Sitting in blocks 9 and 10 you can see hardly anything from the other end of the ice
Well 2 years ago we were centre ice, so its not always kept the same. They probably just think Devils fans will turn up wherever they put them so it doesn't matter. I agree these seats should be cheaper. They are for Panthers home games.

kettdevil1

clairey_faerie said:
DevilDom said:
Bingo. Nottingham have centre ice blocks....

You could always just buy a seat somewhere else if its really that bad. We dont all have to sit where the league tell us to. I thought the view from my seat behind the goal last year was pretty good.

Also, is there a priority time period for ST holders? Just wondered as the Panthers have done that. Early Bird sales to non ST holders and non Supporters Club Members doesnt appear to be available until Feb 14th.

Sheincar

Don't confuse the dates for Nottingham fans with our dates.

You buy through the club at discount until 28th Feb & then direct from NIC - irrespective of if you're a STH or not.

Wannabe2

DevilDom said:
clairey_faerie said:
DevilDom said:
Well 2 years ago we were centre ice, so its not always kept the same. They probably just think Devils fans will turn up wherever they put them so it doesn't matter. I agree these seats should be cheaper. They are for Panthers home games.
Thats spot on, they used to rotate every year, but as you say they reckon Devils fans will come anyway, and thats taking the proverbial mick. Block 9 =10 are far from the best, and i wont be sitting there at those prices, i sat centre ice last year, and will be trying there again.

Wannabe2 said:
Thats spot on, they used to rotate every year, but as you say they reckon Devils fans will come anyway, and thats taking the proverbial mick. Block 9 =10 are far from the best, and i wont be sitting there at those prices, i sat centre ice last year, and will be trying there again.
I suppose it depends on whether you want to sit with the majority of Devils fans (and book your tickets at the discounted rate) or get the perfect view. Both are good reasons.

I agree that seats behind the net should be discounted, and the reason why we're there again this year should be looked into. I wonder if any other clubs in the same blocks as they were last year? I was quite happy with my seat behind the net last year, accepting that it was our turn to be there, but I do find it unfair to be there this year as well.

I have to say as part of the 'Block 8 Massive' at the tent I'm fairly happy with the position as its pretty close to what I'm used to (behind the net/netting).

I agree tho rotation is only fair!

I liked sitting behind the net , i get a total view of the ice.

The blocks have always been rotated , this is the first year they havent. Would be interested to know why though .

As for the tickets being reduced...why ? Are the tickets for Block 8 at the BBT reduced or the away block at Coventry ? They are reduced for the Panthers because thats an 'in club' thing. The playoffs are an Elite League event.

I was in block 9 last year, the view of the ice was good but I hate sitting behind the netting. I didn't mind for the one year as its only fair that we take our turn being there but I can't say I'm too happy that we're stuck there again! Pretty sure that if it was Nottingham or Sheffield they wouldn't have put them behind the nets two years in a row. :roll:

Let's just win the thing this year and then that will definitely make up for it. :D

PS. This a vid I took from my seat last year in block 9 for anyone that hasn't been there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8yDiuy4Ae8