Season Tickets

How do you know in the off season if you can attend the CC games? There is such a scope for the group games to become dead rubbers the club would potentially lose a lot of money if people opted not to buy them up front.

jimmy snels

bluedevil said:
How do you know in the off season if you can attend the CC games? There is such a scope for the group games to become dead rubbers the club would potentially lose a lot of money if people opted not to buy them up front.
Until two seasons ago this was the norm. On the flip side of it why should the fans pay full price to watch a dead rubber?!

Also im sure if you've got a full time job that involves shift work etc, you would be using leave to get to games. I certainly do. So by reducing the commitment to the CC you could actually GAIN season ticket holders with a league only. it was also mean instead of 12 pound for a game you would folk out 15 if you could make it or maybe when you have some extra funds available.

We stopped getting a season ticket as we couldn't make all of the games, and it started to make even less monetary sense when it required committing to even more games, i.e.:
- increased number of games on the ST.
- scrapping of the money back scheme.
For an ST to be viable for us, we'd ideally like to see it stripped back to league games only, and a reinstatement of the money back scheme. I don't know if either of these are potentially viable, but they are our reasons.

Whilst I agree about the cost, I'm not so sure it's the only factor to consider.

Season ticket holders are the heart of any teams' support. The ST guarantees your location at the game without having to line up at the box office. (I know you can, but if you live even a small distance, it's petrol etc.)

It provides the team with upfront funds to recruit players and give management some perception of the level of "guaranteed" support for the coming season.

Cost is a big factor, but "how can I get my hockey fix for the least possible cost" can't be the true spirit of a Supporter. Wouldn't the true fan consider paying a quid MORE per game than a walk-up if it gave their team a better chance of success?

Just a thought, so put the flame throwers away!!!! :DWD

Earnie

Jayemm,you are of course correct. But then so are many others who for some sound reason can not tow the line.
I think Steve King will be happy with the various sensible responses to his topic and will make some changes next year.
Personally I go for the very early bird concession including CC. Very good value in my opinion.

davew

I think that the current system is the best for the majority of fans.

As far as CC games, remember when the 1st game of the season was a CC game a couple of season's ago.... All the aggro of paying for the league ST then the friendlies and yet again for the CC mini season ticket. Also remember when we had no CC mini season ticket and the last home game was a dead rubber and the attendance was 600 or less?

I agree that online renewal and perhaps having short term season tickets would help other fans. Ultimately though If you are a fan who can attend the majority of games an ST is the best way to support the club.

Someone posted earlier about rewards for ST holders, why not use the pizza and sweet sponsorship as an ST holder only draw, that way current standing ST holders benefit too.

A fan appreciation night, like the Vancouver Giants (perhaps other clubs to) have on the last home game of the regular season would be great, ok I don't suppose the club could stretch to a car giveaway or to having a fan collecting hundreds of frozen loonies from the ice..but that sort of event is long overdue for the loyal ST holders in Cardiff.

Just my luck. thought what the hell,ill get a ST for myself and daughter. Pay for the daughter in full and spread my ticket cost over 10 months! Oops, that option no longer available. Not through laziness but desperation that wed actually be able to get two seats together for some matches next season. Gonna have to cross my fingers ( and everything else i can find) that we get to see a couple of games next season now.
Looks like NHL gamecenter will be safe for my money next year.

bdevil

Next season will be my first as a season ticket holder so just a little question.. If the deposit has been taken and direct debit has started does that mean I've definitely got the seat I requested?

bdevil said:
Next season will be my first as a season ticket holder so just a little question.. If the deposit has been taken and direct debit has started does that mean I've definitely got the seat I requested?
this is also our first season ticket and had the same thing happen we emailed and where told that we had the seats we requested.

but my mate had a letter explaining he had been moved before the direct debit, so i think you are good :RAWK

Hi Steve

I was one of the 150, but don't worry have renewed this week! For me it was just getting the money together to pay in full. In previous years I've renewed earlier as there was a saving to be made with the early bird offer.
For those saying it's awkward to get down there, I scanned and emailed the form and then paid over the phone which was much easier!

Hope you're enjoying the playoffs although sorry about Calgary (my team, LA Kings didn't even make it) - I'm catching up on Anaheim v Chicago right now!!

pjj365

What this thread illustrates are that there are many reasons for not renewing (now) After all people's circumstsnce change form year to year - financial, family, health etc. What would be interesting would be the % of non renewal, is this significant? Is there a fair year to compare to?

Also how many of non renewals are long standing ST holders and how many took out tickets mid-season? So many questions so many different answers to analyse where the MI probably does not exist.

So Steve I suggest there is no cause for concern - it will all come right on the nite - that is sell outs when more tickets are sold at full price although this does not give you the secure up front cash flow to invest

My pitance of 2 x concessions was banked before the end of the season - no confirmation of allocation yet. Sorry to deviate but I know some people (inc. me) are nervous about this

Sheincar

Can I just add a few observations, for a number of years we've had staged renewal dates with increasing prices as each date passed. So renewal by 31 March would be the cheapest, renewal by 31 May a bit more expensive & by 31 August regular ST price.Plus seats were reserved until 31 July so if you couldn't afford to renew around playoff time you knew you still had a few months to keep "your" seat..
For next season that staging has gone so there's just one price. In addition there's been a little confusion around the date until which ST seats were reserved. The application form says 31 May 2015 but the website said 31 July. The site has recently been updated to also show 31 May. I believe this has caught out a number of people.

mazza03

Sheincar said:
Can I just add a few observations, for a number of years we've had staged renewal dates with increasing prices as each date passed. So renewal by 31 March would be the cheapest, renewal by 31 May a bit more expensive & by 31 August regular ST price.Plus seats were reserved until 31 July so if you couldn't afford to renew around playoff time you knew you still had a few months to keep "your" seat..
For next season that staging has gone so there's just one price. In addition there's been a little confusion around the date until which ST seats were reserved. The application form says 31 May 2015 but the website said 31 July. The site has recently been updated to also show 31 May. I believe this has caught out a number of people.
You are absolutely right Sheila, Fionna very nearly got caught out with the 31st May and that would have been two lost tickets. Luckily I reminded her so it's done. I'm a pensioner as you all know and finding the deposit was very hard, perhaps next year we can do it a different way. The government aint putting our pensions up anytime soon. :x

Just a few points on this;

Firstly echo online renewals is a great idea. 63% of the fan base, based on last years numbers means they all have to travel to renew. It can be hard to find time.

With no early bird this year. Which I think is fab it gives those that go the World Championships or North America a bit of extra breathing space and allows for a summer holiday. On an additional note, this is an Olympic qualification year for GB this year, three years ago in Latvia I know a larger than average amount of fans travelled, with Italy over a weekend makes this another attractive weekend for fans.

In addition to this, the last two months of last season where stacked with a lot of road trips for fans that may have not normally travelled. When you consider triple header, Challenge Cup final and Playoff finals. (for example a family of four) would have cost over £1000. Maybe if we got to a final next year the club offered cost price travel?

It is also a Rugby World Cup year which regardless of if Wales get out of their group or not potentially clashes with four home games. I feel once the fixtures are realised it will be more clear to a lot of people what's the best options for them.

I appreciate the 150 non-renewals yet maybe a concern and the obvious lack of revenue from the new rink next year. I think the overwhelming fan response from last year will ease the concerns.

SteveKing

Thread starter #36
I've really enjoyed reading the various responses - and I know Todd has as well. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Many of the improvements will be in place for next year with the new building and new ticketing system.

We want to make it easier for renewals. It isn't at all about getting people's deposit money early. It's only about budgeting and knowing roughly what our revenue is going to be for next year in order to guide our recruiting efforts at this time of year.

Improvements such as online renewals, less onerous upfront payment terms and additional season ticket value items are all things that I would like to see for next year.

And for the record, the support of season ticket holders both old and new has been absolutely tremendous. It is almost certain that we're going to start the year with the most season tickets in Devils history. So thank you so much to everyone.

Is it August yet?

drainage

SteveKing said:
I've really enjoyed reading the various responses - and I know Todd has as well. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Many of the improvements will be in place for next year with the new building and new ticketing system.

We want to make it easier for renewals. It isn't at all about getting people's deposit money early. It's only about budgeting and knowing roughly what our revenue is going to be for next year in order to guide our recruiting efforts at this time of year.

Improvements such as online renewals, less onerous upfront payment terms and additional season ticket value items are all things that I would like to see for next year.

And for the record, the support of season ticket holders both old and new has been absolutely tremendous. It is almost certain that we're going to start the year with the most season tickets in Devils history. So thank you so much to everyone.

Is it August yet?
I have watched the Devils since 1986 and I honestly think this is the first time feedback re ST how it could work, what does or doesn't work for fans has been asked for ..... How refreshing !

Totally understand you need to know the budget as a fan we need you get the best team on ice that we can afford but recognising that there are maybe more options that make committing to ST an easier process for fans is great to hear.

Unfortunately it's not August yet but on plus side we are a damn sight closer than we were in April!

Now about those forthcoming signings ......any hints :D

This might be a dumb question but here goes. The new stadium holds more people right? So are you gonna put a plan together to give people a chance to buy a season ticket, starting from the date of the first game in that arena, to the end of the season?
Im asking as, Funds were a bit tight to get in time for the 10 month DD, and as newbie fans but hopelessly addicted I would love a chance to secure seats for myself and my daughter if this chance arose.

SteveKing

Thread starter #40
I don't believe so, Styx. I guess the good news is, though, is that the new building will allow for more single game tickets being available.