Season Tickets

SteveKing

Thread starter #1
Hello all,

I've been enjoying the trickle of signings and re-signings that have been happening over the last few weeks. Lots more to come obviously as we put what we hope should be a title contender on the ice in August.

In reading the press release about the BBT event next week, it struck me that 150 season ticket holders have not renewed. As a rookie owner, is this something that's normal for Devils season ticket holders to wait until closer to the season? Is there something that we're missing that perhaps is preventing those folks from committing to the team for next year?

Please don't take this to be some kind of a whiny post. It's a sincere question based on a number that I was surprised by and a sincere interest in making sure we're doing everything that we should be doing.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Steve

Ocko

Steve,

I am refusing to renew my season ticket unless the club confirm that Hotham has signed along with Paul Bissonnette and another enforcer from the NHL. If this isn't confirmed by the end of May my demands will increase.

The end.

Seriously though, I am yet to renew but not for any reason other than my own tardiness. I will definitely be renewing even though I may even be deployed with the military for part of the season. The club couldn't have done anything more to warrant my support in renewing and I will probably sort mine and my brother's when I'm home at the weekend. Personally I don't think there's anything else the club should be doing.

The only stopping me is the physical process - if there was an on-line renewal facility, it would have been done by now.

We will be renewing btw

Foxy

My mum is one of the not yet decided but she is nearly 80. If we were in the new rink not a problem, easy access. Another season in the BBT not so good. Weighing up the options but certainly nothing to do with the club.

styx

Id love to have a season ticket, but, due to not being able to make every game it would be hard. The main reason though is my daughter sometimes has cadets engagements. If i had a season ticket i couldnt garauntee her a seat next to me. If only you could have a season ticket without being assigned the same seat. Impractable perhaps but its the only way i could do it right now :cry:

Sheincar

I do know that,at the end of the season, the couple who sit near me were saying that they wouldn't be able to afford ST next season. Not saying ST are expensive, simply that they couldn't afford them.

James

Administrator
In previous years there has been a stepped price increase in the cost of the ticket as you got closer to the season. I think I'm right in saying there isn't this year (which is nice) but it does remove some of the incentive to get signed up quick. I guess you'd only be able to tell if that's the case by season ticket renewals at the start of the season.

drainage

I have renewed but I know some people found the deposit element hard to stump up especially if they were going for family tickets between £200 and £350 is a lot in one go .....there may be reasons why you needed it but I suspect an option to put whole amount in a monthly DD would be helpful or a lower deposit ?

This was in the back of a great year and I for one spent a lot more travelling to see games than I did previous year ........ I tried to work out how much my season cost me and stopped at £1500 because it hurt!

I don't think the one ice or club element has any factor here is money, as some one said having to go to the tent to renew and plain old "I will get round to it at some point " is the reason

Devil_Abroad

I would love to but unfortunately we live north of London and can only may a handful of Saturday games when visiting.

Off topic sorry but wanted to reply

(Hoping for selfish reasons you don't sell all the seats!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

I think its the money factor. As i previously ranted in an over the top fashion i believe 400 odd pound but with a big deposit means some people need to save for a deposit and worse maybe priced out. few ways around this in my view.
1) just take an even split of 12 every month. Id happily let mine roll over to the next season provided there were no more increases and wouldn't have the effort of popping in with forms etc (bare in mind its a long drive for some). I paid mine out right by the way but have thought numerous times im sure this would suit more than most.

2) league only season tickets. Some people can't make every game (this includes me). It might be more viable for someone to buy a cheaper ticket that involves less games.

3) people may be put off because they miss a few and thus makes the incentive less for cash savings. Perhaps a trade back system for a max of three games a season provided you gave 7 days notice would tip the balance for a few to.

SteveKing

Thread starter #11
Thanks everyone for the replies. A couple of things that we definitely should look at (most likely for next year, mind) is online renewals and also payment plans. Both of those are available to me as a Calgary Flames season ticket holder and there's no reason why we can't do those things to make it more convenient for our loyal fans.

Greatly appreciate the input and I'm glad to hear that there's nothing major that we've missed the mark on other than underestimating the incredible laziness of some of our fans! ;)

Not renewing but getting a season ticket once more, didn't renew last year but went to pretty much all matches this season gone. The season ticket announcement seemed a bit rushed I felt at the end of season, only had a few games to sort it out, so the earlier that the season tickets are available to purchase the better.

Had been planning to get my season ticket in a month or two, but with the BBT at the BBT event, myself and a renewing season ticket holder, will definitely be making the journey ( as we're not local) to sign up for our season tickets, and possibly a newbie! :Banana

Not that I'm part of the 150 but I was dead set on getting my first season ticket next season but knowing come September that me and my partner are having twins I have to put it off purely down to cost. Few years time and all three of us will be have season tickets. Will aim to make as many games as possible.

Mooney#16

Don't they do something in the show along the lines off if a season ticket holder knows they can't make the match the club will buy the ticket back off you for say £10 and then be free to sell it on again at face value thus receiving a £5 revenue on a seat that would have otherwise gone un filled. It's a small thing but season ticket holder saves a bit and club makes a bit. With having sell outs last season having that few seats become available and resold is another little winner. Everyone feels happy and encourages season tickets to be bought as missing a few games isn't excessively punitive.

Just a thought.

Steve the reason I have no renewed mine is purely the fact of having to pay for the deposit so the longer I can hold onto the deposit money the better.

I like others thought the deadline was a but longer than the 31st of this month but this is now the day I will renew. If I had longer I would leave it longer.

SteveKing

Thread starter #17
That's totally understandable, John. I completely understand the financial constraints and the priorities that people have. Entertainment expenses are not at the top of the priority list...although it always amazes me how much higher they are on my list than they probably should be!!!

Believe me. I'm never going to pressure people to step up and buy tickets when they can't or shouldn't. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something wrong with what we were doing.

Now let's get on with more signings!

drainage

SteveKing said:
That's totally understandable, John. I completely understand the financial constraints and the priorities that people have. Entertainment expenses are not at the top of the priority list...although it always amazes me how much higher they are on my list than they probably should be!!!

Believe me. I'm never going to pressure people to step up and buy tickets when they can't or shouldn't. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something wrong with what we were doing.

Now let's get on with more signings!
Some thoughts

On line renewals - currently having to renew in rink (long queue) or travel to BBT isn't ideal on line better
Deposit - why not ask people to sign up in March and spread cost until next March ? Totally understand you need admin to deal with people who's DD fails but you would need that even if you take a deposit ? Only difference being a deposit covers x games so the admin bit would kick into life later
Have you considered a 2 year deal ? Sign up now and get next years ST with say a 10% discount ? Like a phone contract sign people into a longer deal
Benefits for being a ST holder - in many years of being one not sure I got anything beyond knowing I get my seat ! Maybe something more tangible could be offered ? In new rink 10% off food and drink , reduction in Devils merchandise , reduction in skating costs , offers from sponsors etc

Just my brain dump ! But for me the team on and off ice needs no work to get people on board !

PS yes please tell us about new signings!

DevilDom

Personally I think it's just human nature that given a deadline many will leave it as late as possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see the vast majority of those remaining renewals taken up before the 31st and certainly see nothing the club has or hasn't done as a reason not to. People probably waiting for pay day too!

Anything that makes the renewal process easier from a remote point of view though would be beneficial. I have renewed on the DD scheme, but an option to just continue at the click of a button would IMO be a great and facilitate the process of me doing it quicker!

I haven't renewed yet as the deposit was a bit too much straight from the off season. It's going to end up on a credit card but I do NEED this ticket haha!
I'm with Jimmy Snells tho, I did suggest the idea of a standard ST and a Season Ticket Plus to the previous management. The idea being of you can't make the CC games then only pay for the ones you can make. I also mentioned he idea of the play off quarter final coupon option which appears to have been continued.
Things do get a bit tight for me but the hockey is my little bit of me time and will do whatever I can to be there!