season tickets for 15/16 season.

Finny

I would suggest the following system:

1. Every existing season ticket holder is allocated a seat that is representative of where they are now.

2. The club hold an open evening where fans can walk around the new arena and look at where their seat is. This allows them to check there haven't been any mistakes and also allows fans to see if they would prefer to sit somewhere else.

3. All existing season ticket holders then get a set period of time to move their seat to an alternative and available seat. Say a week or a fortnight. Perhaps allow an extra day or two at the end in case somebody then wants one that has just become available.

4. The remaining seats go on sale to new season ticket holders.

I think Finny's is a fair and valid suggestion. However, not sure how the people with specfic standing positions will fit into this as you can imagine they are directly under the people in the front rows above them so have 'same' position?!!

There will no doubt be some areas in the new layout where the seats will not be available in the 'exact' spot but there will be plenty of new front row slots where DJ end has nothing at present.

I let my two go this season due to my sons losing interest last year - no regrets as have been to about 80% of the games anyway but I don't expect to get front row next season!!

I am sure TK will have an idea on what seats in the new arena are most similar to the BBT ones and will keep as many people happy as possible.

mazza03

Finny said:

1. Every existing season ticket holder is allocated a seat that is representative of where they are now.

2. The club hold an open evening where fans can walk around the new arena and look at where their seat is. This allows them to check there haven't been any mistakes and also allows fans to see if they would prefer to sit somewhere else.

3. All existing season ticket holders then get a set period of time to move their seat to an alternative and available seat. Say a week or a fortnight. Perhaps allow an extra day or two at the end in case somebody then wants one that has just become available.

This is a very fair way I think.

Trying to understand the drawings on the planning application - to me it looks like there are two levels.

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/onli...PLANS_-_SCOTT_BROWNRIGG_PLAN_-_A1-1041575.pdf

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/onli...PLANS_-_SCOTT_BROWNRIGG_PLAN_-_A1-1041576.pdf

If I am seeing them correctly then it would appear there are around 259 front row seats on a lower lever and the same on the higher level.

If this is correct then that means over 500 'front row' seats compared to the current 276ish so everybody should get something close to where they already are.

If, however, I am reading ot wrong and there are only the 259 as it is all one level then some people will be disappointed!

Temme

Finny said:
Neither of those links work for me? :(
Ditto!

With regards to the overall season-ticket-picking scenario, it would be great for a massive group of current ST holders to be given free reign for the new arena to literally "put your name to a seat".

We all stand normally, and would like a seat 7-8 rows back from the away penalty box.

I'm going to miss not being able to stand :| :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sorry about that - maybe only works on mine because cached page??!

See if the website link works...

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/onli...iveTab=documents&keyVal=_CARDIFF_DCAPR_102095

If it does, scroll down to 28 Nov 2012, Amended Plans Scott Brownrigg Plan A1 - no idea if they are the ones being worked to but gave up opening all the links!!!!

If link fails go to Chillee's post on page 83 of Latest Rink Update on top of the home page of the Devils Chat where it works!!!

jimmy snels

Sorry totally disagree. I bought mine they day they came out for the sole purpose of having first dibs basically. If thats what was promised it should be honoured not changed because people were too poor that week or were holding off in protest. They knew the consequences of it.

As my group all bought at different times it will be difficult to sort this as we want to move together however. I can see a few people's noses put out of joint because of it to be honest. I don't envy TK on this one

Ocko

That isn't two proper levels in the sense of two tiers but more like after the second row of seats is where the next level starts. You can't see it, almost like an imaginary line! The first row of seating, whilst at near enough at the plexi is a good metre or so from the ground so an extra few rows takes it over the level of where the ground floor ceiling in in every other part of the rink.

DevilDom

Finny said:

That seems like the best and fairest idea yet. That way groups that have sat together for years continue to be able to sit together and are still in a similar position to where they have been.

Lets hope Todd reads the forum!

jimmy snels

Also i stand where i do too get the best available view. I don't want to suddenly be located next to devilsdrums (who does a fantastic job may i say just not next too me lol). Who's to say the best view for us isn't on the half way line in purpose built facility?

DevilDom

jimmy snels said:
Sorry totally disagree. I bought mine they day they came out for the sole purpose of having first dibs basically. If thats what was promised it should be honoured not changed because people were too poor that week or were holding off in protest. They knew the consequences of it.

As my group all bought at different times it will be difficult to sort this as we want to move together however. I can see a few people's noses put out of joint because of it to be honest. I don't envy TK on this one
:shock:

So people who were unsure of renewing under Paul Ragan and were subsequently proved right to be so should be punished? Wow just wow.

I actually renewed early too but really don't think this is fair. I then also spent 3 months worrying whether I would lose my money.

What about people who have been season ticket holders for 25 years but renewed late? Should they lose their seat to someone who bought their first season ticket this year?

PR made lots of crazy promises that he couldn't keep. Accept this is just another one of them. All ST holders should be treated the same.

Ocko

Maybe we could just cut the management as much slack as they need with this, they haven't got a hope in hell of pleasing everybody and some will feel they've been seen off. If you are a row or two further back or forward than you had hoped for or a seat left or right of where you wanted remember this whole dream of the Devils playing there might not have ever happened with Ragan, especially to the standard we are currently watching. As I've said earlier the current season ticket holders are only a small amount of the capacity of IAW, less than 25% actually. I'm sure if you don't get the exact seat you want, you'll still get something pretty close. In the grand scheme of things it really isn't a big deal.

jimmy snels

No wow about it. No 25 years about it either. No one will have ever been in a seat so people are hardly being ejected from "their" seat. I'm saying that promises were made and should be honoured. It might suit people who were and still are "in the know" but why should people who didn't know what G ate for breakfast be potentially be punished for taking an offer that was made? I don't want a lottery. I certainly don't want the inevitable situation of "well i do this for the club so i should go first".

I hope the forum is read and they understand that after a democratic process that held no rules other than first come first served, its going too royally pee off people if they're allocated a seat that they may not want to sit in!!

jimmy snels

Ocko said:
Maybe we could just cut the management as much slack as they need with this, they haven't got a hope in hell of pleasing everybody and some will feel they've been seen off. If you are a row or two further back or forward than you had hoped for or a seat left or right of where you wanted remember this whole dream of the Devils playing there might not have ever happened with Ragan, especially to the standard we are currently watching. As I've said earlier the current season ticket holders are only a small amount of the capacity of IAW, less than 25% actually. I'm sure if you don't get the exact seat you want, you'll still get something pretty close. In the grand scheme of things it really isn't a big deal.
I agree with most of this. Provided im in the area i want I'm not going to be that bothered. Provided its not as I've stated earlier a case of the in crowd getting first dibs and standing season ticket holders being last in line to see where they fancy

Have Hope#35

jimmy snels said:
No wow about it. No 25 years about it either. No one will have ever been in a seat so people are hardly being ejected from "their" seat. I'm saying that promises were made and should be honoured. It might suit people who were and still are "in the know" but why should people who didn't know what G ate for breakfast be potentially be punished for taking an offer that was made? I don't want a lottery. I certainly don't want the inevitable situation of "well i do this for the club so i should go first".

I hope the forum is read and they understand that after a democratic process that held no rules other than first come first served, its going too royally pee off people if they're allocated a seat that they may not want to sit in!!
No one said that you're allocated one that then can't be changed... They said the first step is to allocate them to coincide with current positions and then the ST holder can decide if that's satisfactory!? I'll be astounded if every ST Holder wants the same seat, row or even block so I'm pretty sure that everyone 'should' be left happy! If you're someone who's used to standing then things will be a little bit different I agree, but you can't really hold on to promises that an owner who is no longer in charge made... I'm pretty sure the current ownership will try and honour it as close to what was promised as possible though!

Have Hope#35

James said:
It's wonderful we are finally having these conversations isn't it. :D
I'm not even a ST Holder 'yet' and I'm excited... Pretty sure I won't be disappointed with my seat or view and I bet almost 1000 will be sold before I get to choose my piece of red plastic! :D

DevilDom

jimmy snels said:

Like I said, I renewed early too. I am also not in the know or in any special group and said all ST holders should be treated equally regardless of how and when they renewed or how long they have had them. I also said Finny's idea sounds like the most reasonable approach after the lottery idea.

Chill dude. There are 3,100 seats and about 800 season ticket holders. I'm sure the vast majority can get something close to what they want. I agree with Ocko lets cut the management some slack and trust them to do something that is fair for all.