Season ticket

Thread starter #21
yea thats what i was thinking, thought there would of been some kind of gd deal on a season ticket if your commiting to it. maybe not tho :?:

jimmy snels said:
i attend probs 95% of home games so unless there was some sort of financial saving of maybe 15-20% i think it would be pointless. most teams in other sport prefer season ticket holders (less hastle getting the money!)and offer a good reduction. so the whole idea of having season ticket holders goes out the window if u dont get the saving
Just had a quick look at Cardiff Blues and a student season ticket is £75 which includes all league games, friendlies, heiniken cup pool matches and anglo-welsh pool matches! Adult season tickets range from £170 to £235 for all these games depending one what stand you want, but individual match prices are £25. Not including friendlies, you'd get 3 HC games, 2 Anglo-Welsh and 9 ML... so even going on the most expensive £235 season tickets, your looking at a saving of £115! Surely not!?

I'm pretty sure the saving with Cardiff City... especially for students is £100+ over the season as well.

I can't see it based on the last couple of years prices. If anything, prices might actually go up as we're one of the cheap(est?) rinks for individual match prices. Not sure if the other teams have better season ticket deals.

I think Devils try and entice people with other benefits. They'll probably have a massive list which looks impressive until you realise you would use any of them! You get to go to the ENL games for free which is really good (usually £3 I think) but I live quite far from the rink so it'd still cost me a bit in petrol, plus I wouldn't want to spend both Saturday and Sunday watching ice hockey - I love the game, but I have a life as well :)

Finny

I don't think I can ever remember a season where Ice Hockey season tickets have been as good a deal as they are for football or rugby etc.
However, that's because football and rugby have tv deals etc to cover the losses on a season ticket.

For me, a season ticket with the Devils has always been about conveniance rather than any massive financial saving. It guarantees my seat every week - which in our current rink with so many bad sight lines is the most important. It also means I don't have to go down and get a ticket each week, or queue up in the rain before games.

I'm suprised people are suggesting season ticket sales would be down for next year. Why is that? I would have hoped with increased attendances we might be increasing if anything?

Thread starter #26
Yea i understand they may not be able to make any deals like football or rugby, because of tv rights etc

but just thought there would of been a gd saving thats all.

Not saying i wont be buying one because i more than likely will.

Do you think there will be more sold this year finny?

can i ask can you pay it in installments?

I've had mine for the last two years on a monthly d/d it's been real easy that way and i dont have to worry about scraping money for the games later in the month - hoping they will still do this deal next year! :D

Thread starter #30
stewie griffin said:
I've had mine for the last two years on a monthly d/d it's been real easy that way and i dont have to worry about scraping money for the games later in the month - hoping they will still do this deal next year! :D
thanks for that, i think thats how i would do it.

hopefully see what deals they have!!

stewie griffin said:
Yes its a good idea as long as they don't lose your dd form (hand delivered) and don't start the debits for a few months making the monthly figure higher.

ONLY benefit for me is/was having same seat every game, and I'm not even bothered about that anymore. None of the benefits were relevant to me so no point really

Sheincar

Sorry but I find it really strange that people are moaning we've not got the same kind of deals as the ST holders at City & the Blues - when they're both going bust. Maybe because they offer such good deals on their ST!

Thread starter #35
i have a quick question, might be me being stupid but hopefully someone can help.

Basically the season ticket is for 27 games, there were 27 games last year in league not including cup.
So now that the Breahead Clan are joining does this mean we need to pay for there games as there is another fixture to be added?

Ger-Devils

Ingramator said:
i have a quick question, might be me being stupid but hopefully someone can help.

Basically the season ticket is for 27 games, there were 27 games last year in league not including cup.
So now that the Breahead Clan are joining does this mean we need to pay for there games as there is another fixture to be added?
No. The league format is 24 home, 24 away games so 48 in total. We play each team in a total of 6 games.

So 24 league games + 3 cup games in your season ticket price

Thread starter #37
Ger-Devils said:
Ingramator said:

No. The league format is 24 home, 24 away games so 48 in total. We play each team in a total of 6 games.

So 24 league games + 3 cup games in your season ticket price
ah right thank you very much for that, sorry for a stupid question

Surely the fact that STs have been priced and sold throughout the league, means that there wont be a further team joining the league this year, wouldnt it mean that the whole league structure would have to change including the number of games?

Chris

Administrator
I suspect they'll either put a 3 game deal together for the extra games, or you'll just have to buy extra individual tickets.

I guess it would be something like what happened in 08/09 when we had to play Manchester twice midweek and then another game on the Saturday, they did a special priced ticket for 3 games which seemed to work really well, crowds were certainly bigger on the Weds and Thurs than I expected.

Chris.

I don't think they've even started mocking up fixtures yet, so that's all good. As has been said the season tickets (ours anyway) are based on 24 home league games and 3 home cup games, if Dundee are to join the league, they will simply change it that you have to pay for the cup games instead I'd imagine.