Season ticket entrance

Wannabe2

thats what i cant fathom out is the entrance to rink via upstairs, they got 2 sets of double doors but only use the one for sth holders and joe public .wtf . why cant they use one for sth only, makes sense to me, give it a go saturday.
This is spot on, and the answer to it all. We have two double doors, but we only open one, yep one double door for about 1,000 fans, using this entry,season ticket holders, one off buying customers, and Uncle Tom Cobbly and all. Try it I have every week, it's so incredibly poor, our club won't want this one iota. We have so so many things right, and yet let ourselves down by this, it only needs one person to open the door and check your season ticket, and happy days. If I was able to get to every game that I pay for then I would do it, but due to work I miss a game now and then, so we would be back to the problem. Our club will address it I am sure, as they want the best for everyone of us.

They did open both sets of doors from the bar to the arena on Sunday, with one line for season ticket holders.
Trouble is with no directions people without season tickets soon spotted the shorter queue only to get to the door to be told they should be in the other line. However, most just then appeared to push into the front of the line at the door.

Have Hope#35

They did open both sets of doors from the bar to the arena on Sunday, with one line for season ticket holders.
Trouble is with no directions people without season tickets soon spotted the shorter queue only to get to the door to be told they should be in the other line. However, most just then appeared to push into the front of the line at the door.
It was chaos tbh but when I got there I went up to the Bar as the queue in via the Cafe was out of the building (and this was half hour before the game). When up at the Bar there was one long queue almost to the top of the Stairs on the left and the double doors to the right were empty and were being used by people accessing the Bar and people leaving with their hand stamped... I walked up to the empty door with my Season Ticket and the steward said 'go on then' and let me through! I'm sure things will be resolved eventually?

Agree with this totally. Something I've been meaning to start a thread on for a while now. Fed up of the chaos trying to get into games with people who need their tickets scanning, a fairly slow process when the season tickets are simply a quick glance at your card (and the last couple weeks a stamp on the hand). Strikes me as very poor planning.

The bars are also often a shambles however i think this is IAW more than the Devils.

The security in general in the new arena seems very unprofessional. From the door staff who often seem flustered, unorganised and stressed at the slightest issue through to the 'senior' security guy in a suit who's handling of some of the issues around my block this season (drunk fans, back row standing, etc) has been very poor in my opinion. I sit next to another season ticket holder who is a senior security manager for Welsh government and he's also been amazed at how poorly some of the situations have been handled.

matbur

Queues for the cafe are even more farcical. Never used it before but now see what has been mentioned before; 20+ minute queues, no food left after 5 minutes of second intermission. One cafe and one till point servicing 3,000 people is a complete joke.
This. One till serving 3,000 people. It really isn't good enough, piss poor in fact. Regardless who's responsible for it, Devils or IAW it's a very poor customer experience and needs sorting. I'm really surprised this still remains an issue tbh.

Wannabe2

This. One till serving 3,000 people. It really isn't good enough, piss poor in fact. Regardless who's responsible for it, Devils or IAW it's a very poor customer experience and needs sorting. I'm really surprised this still remains an issue tbh.
It's got nothing to do with the Devils mate, food and drink ain't down to them.

pjj365

It's not just our experience but it will be costing IAW money. If they worked the cafe and bar properly they could make more profit

They seem to lack vision/experience

Whats with the bar not taking card aswell? With PDQ's on reception and in Corkys shop, it does seem a bit, eh hem, suspect. My buddy tours the uk pub scene playing guitar and even he has a card machine to sell the odd t-shirt! I'd like to hear from someone in the know about this but i'm guessing if they don't take card it's because maybe they don't want the paper trail?

Milky

I find the whole rink thing such a disappointment. Love the team, love the atmosphere and fun we have as a family. Sat with great people and its a fantastic view.

Soon as I get out of my seat though....... Such a shame.

Totally aside, anyone know what happened to Chris Hartrey? One day he was there the next he was gone and nothing has been mentioned. Seems strange.

Also I'm with Vigs883 on the bar thing. No card payments....... Really??????

JT666

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/season-ticket-entrance-be-trialled-weekend/

You've got to hand it to the Devils management, if something (within their control) crops up as an issue, they don't sit around and have endless meetings pondering whether to will do anything about it, they tend to just admit things aren't quite right, and trial a solution quickly.

If only more organisations (public and private sector) operated in such a manner.

It also highlights the importance of a forum such as this. Sure, some of us can whinge a little TOO much about trivial things, but when there is a genuine issue, it's better the management read about it, than be completely oblivious to a problem.

Since demands are being met, I think ST holders should be given £50 each month upon entrance each month to spend on beer, food and game expenses such as 50 50 tickets.

I await the press release shorty.....

haha

BostonBart22

Great news , at least this will take the workload off the main entrance especially with 1000 plus using the new entrance, well done todd and management.

The entrance into block 4 will certainly ease the congestion. I always thought the reason for a cash only bar was that it's the quickest way to serve a large number of people arriving at the bar at the same time?

I was impressed to see this news release a day or two after reading this post. Now that's a management team that don't want to lose fans unlike some clubs that seem to be trying to...

ASHIPP

Not only a class organisation that reacts quickly when fans raise issues....would imagine the situation last game was equally frustrating for Todd and his team too. Can't imagine any club wants to delay the start of a game for lots of reasons.