Season ticket entrance

jimmy snels

Thread starter #1
Tonights entry to the rink was farcical. They've made it even worse. For the love of god why cant we get a seperate entrance for season ticket holders away from the main door/ticket collection like we did for many years? We were all stood round for bloody ages both outside and in. There's a VIP entrance used for about 20 people FFS!! It would make it easier for everyone concerned

Ocko

Queues for the cafe are even more farcical. Never used it before but now see what has been mentioned before; 20+ minute queues, no food left after 5 minutes of second intermission. One cafe and one till point servicing 3,000 people is a complete joke.

I would also like to see a ST entrance its really only one of the benefits of having a ST other than knowing you have a seat already.

I have found myself every game confused where to go and reception just becomes jammed with no queueing system at all and then out of no where 1 or 2 mins before doors open the security (in suits) decide to start telling people to line up but this is too late.

I do think as someone suggested the corporate entrance would be best option.

august04

Tonights entry to the rink was farcical. They've made it even worse. For the love of god why cant we get a seperate entrance for season ticket holders away from the main door/ticket collection like we did for many years? We were all stood round for bloody ages both outside and in. There's a VIP entrance used for about 20 people FFS!! It would make it easier for everyone concerned
Even if they kept the VIP entrance, they must be able to set up a separate season ticket holders entrance through one of the many other exits. Tonight was ridiculous and that cafe area is a complete joke. Whoever thought that cafe would be suitable for a facility with a capacity of over 3000 people, must have been living in cloud cuckoo land. I don't think you can get a coffee anywhere else on match nights so I don't bother anymore, the queues are too big - how unsatisfactory in a new arena and financially ridiculous.

Foxy

I dont understand why they dont have a stand for hot drinks upstairs. Not that hard surely.........
Agree seperate enterance for season ticket holders would be advantageous especially if we continue getting sell outs

I had people telling me in the queue for the signing how ridiculous it was and got the impress that it would put some people off from coming.
The website advised everyone that the doors were opening at 3 but when I arrived at 3:40 it looked like they had just opened. Staff just setting things out etc.
Your right about the cafe. Every week you get people congested in reception trying to get through because there's the game night sale stand and the hot food queue stopping people from coming in once their tickets are scanned or shown their season ticket.

You'd expect some teething problems but it's not as if this is the first home game, lessons have not been learnt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jimmy snels

Thread starter #8
Its not even like it would take alot of policing a seperate entrance. No scan needed simply a flash of your card. It would free up the cafe areas and make getting in so much easier.

pjj365

I was there about 315 and it was getting busy even with queues in the cafe

No indication that ST holders had to go in a different enterance but same as last week. Fight through cafe, SoB, programne and 50/50 queues

Yes the place is a shambles but over the holiday there was mixed use -public skating and us. They do not seem to have planned overly much for this. It does though look like the poor sods who came to public skating could not get through to the cafe so not getting full use for which they have paid

Also they have stopped checking re-entry at period breaks - something I thought Todd wanted for good reason

Bring on the Fan Council

august04

I was there about 315 and it was getting busy even with queues in the cafe

No indication that ST holders had to go in a different enterance but same as last week. Fight through cafe, SoB, programne and 50/50 queues

Yes the place is a shambles but over the holiday there was mixed use -public skating and us. They do not seem to have planned overly much for this. It does though look like the poor sods who came to public skating could not get through to the cafe so not getting full use for which they have paid

Also they have stopped checking re-entry at period breaks - something I thought Todd wanted for good reason

Bring on the Fan Council
These are issues that the club must be aware of - I'm sure they read the forums too. I hope they don't wait for the fan council to address as that would be the end of the season pretty much! What the club can do about these continuing problems is another issue though, given the difficulties between the Devils and IAW (under the previous IAW regime anyway).

jimmy snels

Thread starter #11
Pretty clear to me. Make season ticket holders go through current vip door and give vip's a dedicated entrance elsewhere. Its carnage for absolutely no reason.

Wannabe2

This is a problem that certainly needs solving, it's extremely poor at the moment, lovely Arena, huge crowds, great team, everything going for us except getting in. Hopefully this will be addressed.

august04

Pretty clear to me. Make season ticket holders go through current vip door and give vip's a dedicated entrance elsewhere. Its carnage for absolutely no reason.
Does that VIP entrance lead straight inside the arena or does it bring you into the area where the cafe is? If straight inside, it's the easy solution.

Milky

Does that VIP entrance lead straight inside the arena or does it bring you into the area where the cafe is? If straight inside, it's the easy solution.
Firstly it's a lot more than 20 people. It is also for all match sponsors and box holders.

Secondly it comes out by the toilets into the cafe behind the programme stand manned by Sean so makes no difference.

Thirdly, as regards the comments from CalKlein and pjj365, I'm not sure if people understand what being a tennant of the rink actually means. As we've seen we are not allowed to have any branding or memorabilia up in the bar or around the rink (excluding retired shirts etc in the rafters. More importantly the club are not allowed to leave anything out after matches and can't start getting things ready until an hour or two before a game. Furniture, fridges, drinks, stands etc all have to be put out and stocked etc before each game and put away afterwards. IAW are adamant about this which is farcial.

All of the ridiculous problems that are now being experienced by us fans were highlighted by several people in the New Rink thread last year. The design of the rink is atrocious and the blame must firmly sit with whoever was in charge of building it. You would think someone would have thought to have built separate entrances with all the years planning we had.............

All of the crowding and queues would not exist if some thought from people who knew what they were doing were involved in the planning, design and construction of the building.

As regards the queues, I've given up on the cafe downstairs. One game I went at the start of the first break to get some food and didn't get back in my seat until 5 mins left in the second period.

And don't get me started on the bar closing when it's packed full of people spending money!!!!!!

pjj365

These are issues that the club must be aware of - I'm sure they read the forums too. I hope they don't wait for the fan council to address as that would be the end of the season pretty much! What the club can do about these continuing problems is another issue though, given the difficulties between the Devils and IAW (under the previous IAW regime anyway).
Agreed but I would hope the Fan Council will help bring the issues into one forum not accross various threads (and this I recognise is the wrong one ) and help prioritise

jimmy snels

Thread starter #17
Open a seperate entry for season ticket holders like we did for many years AWAY from main entrance. Its pretty simple really with entrances litrally everywhere.

Tyke Devil

I went into the Arena at 3:10. No issues at all. While I agree that STH's should have a dedicated entrance...call it a perk, I'm amazed at how many fans try to arrive 10 to 15 mins before face off. Come a bit earlier, have a pint or watch the warm up. Just my humble opinion.

Agree totally that having entrances into the Arena in the same area as the bar and café/snack area is madness though. Trouble is that from the main entrance you have two ways into the Arena. Up the stairs and into the bar or turn left into the café area. The busiest areas pre game. Very poor planning. Can't be that difficult to open up some other doors.

BostonBart22

I went into the Arena at 3:10. No issues at all. While I agree that STH's should have a dedicated entrance...call it a perk, I'm amazed at how many fans try to arrive 10 to 15 mins before face off. Come a bit earlier, have a pint or watch the warm up. Just my humble opinion.

Agree totally that having entrances into the Arena in the same area as the bar and café/snack area is madness though. Trouble is that from the main entrance you have two ways into the Arena. Up the stairs and into the bar or turn left into the café area. The busiest areas pre game. Very poor planning. Can't be that difficult to open up some other doors.

BostonBart22

thats what i cant fathom out is the entrance to rink via upstairs, they got 2 sets of double doors but only use the one for sth holders and joe public .wtf . why cant they use one for sth only, makes sense to me, give it a go saturday.