Scott Matzka diagnosed with ALS

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #22
For those not on social media:

At tonight's quiz there will be an exclusive announcement about the plans to get behind the Matzka family on a large scale. A lot of work (mostly by Franny) and generosity has already been channelled into this and we hope that the plans will excite Devils fans, in addition to raising an absolute boatload of funds for one of our own.

So if you can make it down to the quiz please do - I know the guys will find you a team if you don't have one. Should be a great night for a great cause.

wildthing74

Great turnout last night and thank you to everybody who helped,came and took part and donated via PayPal if they couldn't attend.We raised over £800 which is incredible.Would be nice to make it to the magic 4 figures so if anybody wants to still donate they can.

Looks like the initial money will be used to fly the Matzka family over and how great will it be to see him in Cardiff and he can see for himself how much he and his family meant to the club and the fans.

Once again thank you on behalf of myself and the guys at CDRA/RAT.

mazza03

wildthing74 said:
Thanks to the people who have sent a donation today that cannot make tomorrow night. If anybody would like to do the same you can do via PayPal to info@redarmytravel.co.uk and we will make sure Scott gets every penny to try and help him going forward.

I love how our fans look after their own. Proud of our fanbase.
I know I'm a bit dense but how do you donate? I've gone into my paypal account and put info@redarmytravel.co.uk into the payee but it is just asking me for a valid e mail address, what am I doing wrong? :?

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #28
A little update:

There is now a facebook page for this:

https://www.facebook.com/ourturnforMatzka/

An event has also been created so you can show some virtual support there

And a twitter account:

https://twitter.com/TheMatchka

A justgiving page will be live soon for anyone wishing to donate directly, and the totals raised at events such as the quiz and the Matchka itself will appear on that page also.
The Our Turn cause is having a bank account created for this justgiving page for full visibility of all donations and expenses (flights, etc). Though in a perfect world some of this could also be sponsored/discounted

Other events are also being planned, some hopefully a little different to traditional ones but fun and enjoyable to attend.

Thanks for the continued support and for the Mods making this a sticky topic.

Wannabe2

Can all us Lush people please please contribute to one of our own, we in Cardiff are the closest knit family in the whole of the U.K. We are Welsh, we support our football team like no one on this planet, and get the respect throughout the World for being us. Now is the time to show that same passion, love, Hoil, that beats in all our hearts for a fellow Brother. Us Taffies are a one off,we can't help that, we are what we are, we didn't choose to be born with a heart the size of the Universe, but it happened to us all. We stick together, we watch each other's backs, Should we lose each other in the shadow of the evening trees, I'll wait for you, And should I fall behind, wait for me.

mazza03 said:
I know I'm a bit dense but how do you donate? I've gone into my paypal account and put info@redarmytravel.co.uk into the payee but it is just asking me for a valid e mail address, what am I doing wrong? :?
The email address is correct, if you've copied and pasted the address make sure there are no spaces at the end of the email, that can sometimes cause the problem.

mazza03

bluedevil said:
mazza03 said:
The email address is correct, if you've copied and pasted the address make sure there are no spaces at the end of the email, that can sometimes cause the problem.
Thank you, done.

wildthing74

Thanks Mazza. We are now over £1100! Being greedy how cool would it be to get £1500 for our very own #15? Shameless plug to keep the donations coming.

Once the account is set up we will transfer all to Franny who will manage it from there. You can still PayPal or bank transfer to the Red Army Travel account.

Thank you again the response has stunned us.

matbur

I'm not a long-term fan of the Devils and I've never had any involvement with Red Army Travel nor do I know anyone who's involved with them, but I must say you're efforts have been admirable and speak volumes about the communal heart of the Devils.

Just about to make a donation but seriously, you guys are a credit and I'm proud to be a Devils fan.

Good luck Scott!

mazza03

matbur said:
I'm not a long-term fan of the Devils and I've never had any involvement with Red Army Travel nor do I know anyone who's involved with them, but I must say you're efforts have been admirable and speak volumes about the communal heart of the Devils.

Just about to make a donation but seriously, you guys are a credit and I'm proud to be a Devils fan.

Good luck Scott!
Wow thank you xx

terry hunt

Hope this keeps being bumped up to keep the momentum going.

I havent noticed anything in the media but i would think that Terry Phillips would be interested.

wildthing74

terry hunt said:
How is the fundraising and planning going
Just from the CDRA/RAT quiz and donations it was £1265 and that has already been sent over. We can still take donations and pass them on. Thank you for yours Terry it's much appreciated.

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #40
The fundraising will start in earnest in the coming weeks. Lots of work and planning has been taking place, and we will be in a position to announce some exciting news about both the game, and an additional event to support Scott and family.

We have taken the decision to put our focus on the Devils pre-season before making any announcements, as we don't want to distract fans from the important matter of supporting the Devils in this pre-season campaign.

The Bank account has been setup, there will be a justgiving page announced when all our info goes public, and then we can all get behind #ourturn fully.

Thanks for the continued offers of support and assistance, they are much appreciated.