SAWYER

Ha... fair play, one game and the lynch mob are out. I'm all for free speech and all, but i mean come on?! He's quick for a big guy, and ALL those penalty minutes he jeopardised the team with...
I was quietly impressed. He was never brought in to be a #1 D man...

Wannabe2

Jesus its been one game, with next to no practice, no time to gel and the knives are out, in one breath we tell players they will love it here, and in the next we want to string them up. Give us a break. I remember watching a player Devils had just signed, and wondering if we had dropped a boo boo, that player turned out to be one of my favourite players, a certain Mr Ian Mcintyre. Chill out and wait and see what tomorrow brings.

beccy&omar said:
alrighttt im allowed my opionon
You are indeed, and i respect you 'opinion'... but your asking who else was unimpressed, your not really giving an opinion, more like trying to back your opinion up from others...

either that or i'm really deep haha!

wildthing74

No got to agree with Wannabe.No way can we judge any player after 1 game and being in the country for a matter of hours.I reckon he will turn out to be a fans favourite.

Give the guy a chance we cannot judge players performances until they have had a good few training sessions under their belts and they know each other better. I Think that he will be very handy when we play the likes of Nottingham,Belfast and Edinburgh not just for dropping the gloves but having that presence that if anything happens he will stand up for the team. And it gives Voth the chance to play more rather than being a target for other teams.

wildthing74

Well all I can say is I'm a big fan of Sawyer after what I just heard of my 2 little girls.I worked today so could not make the skate with the Devils but my wife took them down the rink.
Sawyer was the only player to stay the full 2 hours and spend ages with the kids and speaking to the fans.Seems he has struggled with jet lag having only arrived Thursday!He has spent the last 2 days pretty much sleeping and struggling with the time zone difference.
My kids wants us to adopt him now!Top man Justin,thanks for making my 2 little girls day.

Derby Devil said:
Hynod said:
Lol is it April fools on this forum?
No just a few fools :roll:
Hahahahahaha!

Most of the imports hadn't even been here 3 full days an were pretty jetlagged so I woulnd be surprised if they weren't smashing people into the boards of kicking off. Give them a batboy time to get to know each other and then make a judgement. I can't wait for the season to get started! Went to that skate with the players earlier and he's a massive bloke. I think wait till we get up against the panthers who I believe have alex penner and something interesting might happen. Only time will tell

noodlesboy said:
Derby Devil said:
Hynod said:
Lol is it April fools on this forum?
No just a few fools :roll:
Hahahahahaha!

Most of the imports hadn't even been here 3 full days an were pretty jetlagged so I woulnd be surprised if they weren't smashing people into the boards of kicking off. Give them a batboy time to get to know each other and then make a judgement. I can't wait for the season to get started! Went to that skate with the players earlier and he's a massive bloke. I think wait till we get up against the panthers who I believe have alex penner and something interesting might happen. Only time will tell
Exactly that's what preseason friendlies are for; to help the team gel & get their match legs back from last season. You can do all gym work you like during the off season but it's not the same as match stamina

Look at Voths first season the jury was well and truely out for the first month or so, the rest is history. At the other end of the scales Rod Hinks looked quite good in preseason but man did he stink when the season got underway. :lol:

Sorry to piss on Anyones bonfire but jetlag!! Get real (I travel trans Atlantic with work) they are travelling west to east which is a gift compared to us going east to west

Wannabe2

jester said:
Sorry to **** on Anyones bonfire but jetlag!! Get real (I travel trans Atlantic with work) they are travelling west to east which is a gift compared to us going east to west

Perhaps we should have signed you.

Nab mate my knees are fucked and if you look on you tube I can't even stand on carpet on ice!!!!
Seriously though jet lag is a poor excuse

Watch the **** please

Wannabe2

jester said:
Nab mate my knees are ducked and if you look on you tube I can't even stand on carpet on ice!!!!
Seriously though jet lag is a poor excuse

What if we fit you with a pair of wheels, and keep you off the carpet.

I realy dont belive this forum sometimes its unbelivable,we had one yes one! practise session before this game i know kenton and mark smith havent had one and yet idiots on this forum expect us to be on top form from game one, It aint gona happen people,these guys flew in a few days before the first game and are jetlaged if you have ever experienced jetlag you will know how long it lasts and how not nice it is.I thought Sawyer played well, i was expecting a meathead who was employed to fight but he shows a lot more than that, plays the puck well,and made a great play when he went past about 2 or 3 blaze players with ease.So please for gods sake lets give these guys more than 1 game before we start slagging them off

jester said:
Sorry to **** on Anyones bonfire but jetlag!! Get real (I travel trans Atlantic with work) they are travelling west to east which is a gift compared to us going east to west
Are you serious?? I don't know what times you fly across the atlantic but travelling west to east you lose a nights sleep!!!! If you ask me it's a gift going east to west, i never have trouble when i fly to the states but always have jet lag coming home, it can take several days to get back to normal.