Rumours Thread

ASHIPP

Also rumoured that Boothroyd and Walker will re-sign for Manchester tomorrow.

Joe Tallari and Johan Molin are also linked with the Phoenix in talks - wow! :D

Source: Manchester Evening News

Canadian player, Todd Griffith, rumoured to be joining Vipers

Finny

Wannabe2 said:
Cant see those guys being interested if the Phoenix go EPL.
Nor me.

Of course, one way to keep your fans happy when you announce you are moving to the EPL would be to suggest "with only 4 imports - we could afford to sign a better quality of import. Players of the quality of Molin, Tallari... etc".

Fans are excited and everyone agrees the EPL is the way to go. And then after a couple of weeks the club announce they have been unable to secure the signings of Molin and Tallari.......

Certainly dont think they will get Molin, the only thing I have heard about him is that he wants to stay in Sweden with his family, otherwise I am sure he would return to the Panthers.
Tallari would suprise me too, but I think he the more likely of the 2.

Finny

Over the next couple of days it will become clearer why the EPL suddenly changed their minds about allowing Manchester in - despite them being "too far north" originally.

Very sad days for Romford and Telford fans ahead. :(

Finny said:
I guess I'm in the minority - but Chambers has never impressed me that much - and tbh I don't think he would be good enough for our first line this coming season.
I hope you are right and we will sign some impact players for the 1st line. Although happy with majority of returnees and new signings as things stand we are probably on a par with last season as far as the team as a whole goes. We need these last signings to be impact players if we want to move forward on the ice this season.

I'm surprised at this talk of "1st liners to come". Surely Voth, Latulippe and Prpich would be considered 1st line calibre players in this league, albeit perhaps spread across different lines?

Gazza272

J.B said:
I'm surprised at this talk of "1st liners to come". Surely Voth, Latulippe and Prpich would be considered 1st line calibre players in this league, albeit perhaps spread across different lines?

Eh? where have you been? Voth and lutullipe last year and this year have been described as second line players. No where from G since they first signed as he ever EVER said they would be first line players. A pure Stir post that J.B

Ugly Betty said:
Finny said:
I guess I'm in the minority - but Chambers has never impressed me that much - and tbh I don't think he would be good enough for our first line this coming season.
I hope you are right and we will sign some impact players for the 1st line. Although happy with majority of returnees and new signings as things stand we are probably on a par with last season as far as the team as a whole goes. We need these last signings to be impact players if we want to move forward on the ice this season.
Well Burge has said in his interview that there closing in on signing some real "strikers" so the new players will deffinately be of higher calibre. They want to break in to the top 4 so im sure G will realise he needs to sign two top quality players to finish of his first line.

i am very confident that G will get the right guys for the first line that WILL Score goals, With Prpich and the right to guys to score goals, we would create a line very similar or better to the Calder, Carlson, Sly like which is what Blaze played with,

Next season is looking very very promising at this stage, im thinking that the top 2 first liners wont be signed until july/august though so G will have plently of time to get the 2 best guys he can to perform with Prpch.

Gazza272 said:
Eh? where have you been? Voth and lutullipe last year and this year have been described as second line players. No where from G since they first signed as he ever EVER said they would be first line players. A pure Stir post that J.B
Adams might not have said it but you seriously don't think that Voth is on a "1st line" wage? I take everything Simmsy says with a pinch of salt but he still must be one of the better paid players in the country. Calder is settled in Coventry, has a British wife and clearly (for some reason) has enjoyed living in Coventry. That doesn't change the fact he is a bloody good player and is very well paid here. Voth must be the same.

Huskie442 said:
Certainly dont think they will get Molin, the only thing I have heard about him is that he wants to stay in Sweden with his family, otherwise I am sure he would return to the Panthers.

From what I hear Molin very publicly burned his bridges with the Panthers on the last night of the playoffs. I don't expect him to be back there next season.

puck said:
Huskie442 said:

From what I hear Molin very publicly burned his bridges with the Panthers on the last night of the playoffs. I don't expect him to be back there next season.
havent the Panthers stated that Molin wont not be returning along with Tessier, Which would be why they are linked with Beauragard and Fulgrum?

Finny

Devildrums said:
Finny, do you mean Romford or Wightlink Raiders ? I thought the uncertainty was over the latter.
Romford. I think their owners will be making a statement today.
Wightlink aren't in the best of shape but I think Planet Ice (rink management) will give them some financial support to ensure they start (and finish) the season.
It's looking pretty bad for Telford, and I believe the proposed take-overs for Bracknell have also fallen through. I'm guessing the EPL will now give the previous Bees management extra time to find enough financial support to resume control.

At the moment the EPL is a 10 team league, though if things go wrong it could be 9 or even 8.

James

Administrator
After a very successful second half to the 2008-2009 season at Rom Valley Way, the past month has been very difficult for us all to resolve and come to a final conclusion. As some of you will be aware, each year the contract is up for renewal for the license to run the Romford Ice Hockey Club and, of course, the Romford Raiders.

There has been a lot of discussion and it is with deep regret that we have to advise everyone that we are not in a position to continue with the relationship that we had running the ice hockey at Rom Valley Way.

We fully understand there will be a lot of disappointed and upset people but although a lot of hard work has been put in over the past three years by Allison Taylor and her voluntary staff on Raiders’ game nights, junior games, Coaches, Managers and you the supporters every week, we are just not able to continue.

We would like to thank each and every one of you for supporting us and standing by us when the chips have been down and we are sure that it will not be long before someone else comes in and takes up the reigns of the ice hockey and sees it move on again.

Thank you from the Romford Ice Hockey Club Management

Finny

J.B said:
Adams might not have said it but you seriously don't think that Voth is on a "1st line" wage? I take everything Simmsy says with a pinch of salt but he still must be one of the better paid players in the country. Calder is settled in Coventry, has a British wife and clearly (for some reason) has enjoyed living in Coventry. That doesn't change the fact he is a bloody good player and is very well paid here. Voth must be the same.
Yes I would say Voth has been one of our better paid players. What you are about to find out though JB, is how much more teams like Coventry have been paying their players over the past 4 or 5 years.
Remember Calder left for better wages. Then they convinced him to come back. And then he was going to leave (last summer), but was convinced to stay again.
££££££££££. The wagecap is the same for the top 4 last year as it was this year. Which means players are either going to have to stay on the same wages - or cuts will have to be made to keep the top earners happy.

Cardiff on the other hand, could have £1000 extra a week to play with. Happy days!

Let's imagine for a moment that all our returnees are on similar wages as last season. Perhaps a slight rise of £25 a week extra (which is £100 a month and about £1k ish a season?)

7 returnees so far. Assuming we get Hill and Stone back too, and ideally Tyson - that would be 10.
So thats £250 of our extra money gone already.
Lyle is probably on similar wages to Aubry, as is Richardson to MacIver.

Which leaves us with £750 left for 3 players (if my maths is correct?).

Silverthorn wages + £250 = Our New Super Centre
Elich wages + £250 = Our New Super Left Winger
Campbell wages + £250 = Our New 3rd line Left Winger.

*snigger*

Chris

Administrator
It was mentioned in a programme last season that our highest paid forward and defenceman were both out injured.

At the time it was Voth and Anderson.

But as Finny says, we've got extra money to play with :)

Chris.