Rumours Thread

ASHIPP

I agree with all the stuff you guys have said.The rumours coming out of some places aren't even from those clubs! For instance, the Panthers forum rumoured that Shields might be going to the Blaze! Where do they get this stuff from?

However, Corey Neilson did put the record straight about Andrew Verner - he has said in an interview that they had been in talks but that Verner had simply asked for a lot more than Nottingham were prepared to offer.
As for Hurtubise, I can only imagine that several clubs (here and outside UK) would be intertested in a player like that, whether they say so or not.

Gazza272 said:
I think its because generally the Blaze have a younger fan base and get carried away a bit more. They are by far the most ridiculous though.
To be fair most of them aren't really rumours in the "my uncle is Thommo's butcher and he told him.." way ... most of them are just players that person likes and if you say the name enough, people start to call it a "strong rumour" :lol: In the normal Blaze way, the names of our signings will leak out weeks before they are officially announced but we all know the people who actually have the inside track and those who are bluffing it.

And yes I mean Gouett ;)

A

Anonymous

Tomahawk said:
is there any rumours about Elich coming back? :|
I wish there was :( I for one would really love to see him back, he really upped his game during the last month or so, he was really on fire, would love to have him back in a Devils jersey. :)

Tomahawk said:
The last time that i talked to Matt he was saying that he would love to come back and that he was going to have talks with the club. Thats all i know as i didn't want to ask any more about next season as we had just finished this season.

Rempel16

Elich's Bitch said:
Tomahawk said:
The last time that i talked to Matt he was saying that he would love to come back and that he was going to have talks with the club. Thats all i know as i didn't want to ask any more about next season as we had just finished this season.
Which is exactly what almost every fan would hear from a player if they were to ask that question.

puckbunny66 said:
I have just seen this on the Steelers web site announcing another player signing on Tuesday.
Does any have any ideas of who it might be?
I think that it might be Jono re-signing again for them.

http://www.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/news ... le_id=3129
Think this may be Thomas or Jono, dont know why just have a feeling it might be one of them

interesting it says Matsos is letting players look around to see what offers as they are attracting a lot of attention, seems like he does not mind if they went but im sure that is not the case, he should be looking to get the deals sorted on 80% of those players, especially Legue and Talbot

Thomas, Hewitt, Phillips or Cruikshank.

I think it's fair on Matsos to let the better imports have a look round Europe to see what they could get. After all they deserve it. He's already said he expects to lose 4 or 5 of them.

A

Anonymous

Rempel16 said:
Elich's Bitch said:
Tomahawk said:
Which is exactly what almost every fan would hear from a player if they were to ask that question.

Agreed, they all stay very tight lipped about coming back even down to the day before their signing gets made public :lol: nobody lets the moggy out the sack :lol:

A

Anonymous

Just a thought...if a certain Cardiff Devil player is still driving around in his Devil company car and who hasn't signed back up as yet, can we asume that he will be returning/resigning with the club :?: :D

Rempel16

J.B should be happy with the successes that we have experienced off the ice and successes due on the ice. I mean, he is after all, a Devils fan isn't he?

No? So why does he post on here more than his own forum?

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:
J.B should be happy with the successes that we have experienced off the ice and successes due on the ice. I mean, he is after all, a Devils fan isn't he?

No? So why does he post on here more than his own forum?
Rempel16 - the fantastic way things are going with the Devils' organisation at the moment, J.B. might well change his allegiance from the Blaze yet. :lol: Let's face it, it's an amazing time to be a Devils' fan right now. :D

Rempel16

Yup, couldn't agree more!!! I'm proud to be a Devil right now :)

I just hope we have some beautiful summer weather to enjoy beacuse if the weather is rubbish this off season is going to go so sooooo slow!!!

rissnruss said:
Just a thought...if a certain Cardiff Devil player is still driving around in his Devil company car and who hasn't signed back up as yet, can we asume that he will be returning/resigning with the club :?: :D

No, some contracts state that the player keeps the car for a full year. jonna had this deal when he was in cardiff and has it in Sheffield too.

Max and Tyson were rolling around weeks after the season ended last year.

A

Anonymous

D21 said:
rissnruss said:

No, some contracts state that the player keeps the car for a full year. jonna had this deal when he was in cardiff and has it in Sheffield too.

Max and Tyson were rolling around weeks after the season ended last year.
:| Oh well that ruled that one out then...for just a minute then I had some form of hope :lol:...I'll uncross all my limbs and fingers

Dancing Queen said:
Any rumours about Maciver returning?
not heard anything about him, personally he is a bit slow for big ice, we need a faster D man who can play the same game as him really,

Only lastest rumour league wise ive heard is Deniset to Aalborg,

Rempel16

For a big guy i actually rated Doug, and i wouldn't be unhappy if he comes back. His positioning was often excellent and forced shots to the outside.

Yes, he took silly penalties, but so did jay.

If we were to sign him up we would almost certainly be going with 6 d-men which makes him more of a commodity as he is pretty much expendable in every game. He also seemed to make jarvis feel 10 foot tall and i'm not sure Jarvis would play with the same edge if he didn't have a d-man partner to have his back.