Rumours Thread

Finny

According to posts on THF from someone who was at the Vipers forum last night:

Manchester to EPL is a real possibility. If it does happen though, the league format will stay at 3xHome &3xAway and not increase to 4x

The '3 day' tournament will be held in Sheffield..... in October (??????)

If Lyle has signed we will have to give him a chance, but when you have had the quality of Osaer and Aubry in net for you, it's hard to accept anything else, hope he proves me wrong. :cool:

Well if Manchester are moving to the EPL then i'd love G to ask Hand if he had any targets to bring to the Elite league . . .

After all Hand as found Molin, Derek Campbell, Tallari and David-Alexandre Beauregard

Dai Vader said:
If Lyle has signed we will have to give him a chance, but when you have had the quality of Osaer and Aubry in net for you, it's hard to accept anything else, hope he proves me wrong. :cool:
Aubry and Osaer were good but I certainly wouldn't say that they were great.

Gazza272

El Supremo said:
Dai Vader said:
Aubry and Osaer were good but I certainly wouldn't say that they were great.

Other than Lehman the two best netminders to play in the EIHL in the last two seasons. They were more than great for this league

ASHIPP

Latest news/quotes from press interviews in their regions:

1. Corey Neilson has stated that he will not poach players from other Elite League clubs unless their clubs don't want them!
Has this killed off the rumours about Verner/McAllister/Beaugard/Fulghum/Hurtubise going to the Panthers?

2. Rob Wilson has stated Verner not at Vipers next season - too expensive. He will also be making announcement later this summer if he is still going to be coach at Newscastle.

ASHIPP said:
Latest news/quotes from press interviews in their regions:

1. Corey Neilson has stated that he will not poach players from other Elite League clubs unless their clubs don't want them!
Has this killed off the rumours about Verner/McAllister/Beaugard/Fulghum/Hurtubise going to the Panthers?

2. Rob Wilson has stated Verner not at Vipers next season - too expensive. He will also be making announcement later this summer if he is still going to be coach at Newscastle.
Well if Vipers are not signing Verner and McAllister does not want to be at Vipers and Vipers have said he wasnt the leader they thought we would be then both could be at Panthers next year,

Also if Manchester are going to EPL Beauragarrd will almost ceetainly not be returning to them i should imagine so maybe he will also be at Panthers?

ASHIPP

It definitely is the 'silly season' at the moment! For anyone interested, here's the lastest batch of speculation/rumour from around the country.......... :lol:

Leaving from Belfast:
Colin Shields to Coventry
Deniset/Robbins/Burgoyne to Denmark

Leaving from Sheffield:
Steve Munn - various options
Jeff Legue - going home

Leaving from Edinburgh:
Hurtubise - linked with Coventry and Nottingham

Leaving from Newcastle:
Chris McAllister to Sheffield

:? :roll:

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
Leaving from Belfast:
Colin Shields to Coventry

:

Has that come from Coventry fans? If so can they please just give it up? :lol: Their rumours are ridiculous. Shields latest Blog on the Giants website all but confirms his stay at Belfast

Gazza272 said:
Has that come from Coventry fans? If so can they please just give it up? :lol: Their rumours are ridiculous. Shields latest Blog on the Giants website all but confirms his stay at Belfast
Yeah we want everyone! And haven't you noticed that every player who has signed for another club has also turned down the Blaze :lol: Latulippe, Goulet, Clarke ... no doubt Hurtibise when he is announced as a Caps player ... apparently Thommo wanted them all :roll:

Gazza272

J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
Yeah we want everyone! And haven't you noticed that every player who has signed for another club has also turned down the Blaze :lol: Latulippe, Goulet, Clarke ... no doubt Hurtibise when he is announced as a Caps player ... apparently Thommo wanted them all :roll:
Do you mean gouett from the Vipers? or Goulet as in Louis the former Devils player?

You have to admit though Coventry fans thrown around more rubbish rumours than most. Birbrear and Teplitsky to you last season, Dowd to Cardiff this year that was possibly my favourite.

I think its because generally the Blaze have a younger fan base and get carried away a bit more. They are by far the most ridiculous though.