Rumours Thread

Gazza272

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
James said:
If that was the case, would it be the first time that we have had no new players in the team, all returnees.
Well Steelers did not have a new face to the league last year did they?

Lehmen
Green

Basiuk
Sarich
Thomas
Dangerknee
Munn

Tait
Phillips
Dowd
Hewitt
Legue
Talbot
Finnerty
Shepard
Cruickshank

Bar Sharp (who does not really count as an ice hockey player does he?) and Gillies (who played just 11 games) they had a team who every one knew from the year before in our lea
gue, most who played with the steelers that year bar Cruickshank, Basiuk and Green?

They started last season with Nathan Gillies

yes i know they did, he played the first games,

if you take out Gillies the rest of the season were played with all players from our league the year before and i did say with the exception of Gillies

so i dont think it would be all bad to have a side which has all played in this league or for the Devils in previous years

Finny

Was told I while back that Peacock would be going to either Belfast or Coventry.

I wonder if he will be a replacement for Sample, who by accounts was rather underwhelming last season?

Finny said:
Was told I while back that Peacock would be going to either Belfast or Coventry.

I wonder if he will be a replacement for Sample, who by accounts was rather underwhelming last season?
ive heard that Morrison might not play next season so he could be a replacement for him? i dont know how true that is mind

ASHIPP

Ugly Betty said:
The chav oops! fire and ice forum is rumouring Robert Dowd to Cardiff.

Can't see this happening tbh.
Shuffin' marvellous if it's true! :lol: But unlikely - he's a key player for the Steelers.

Wannabe2

That would be a great signing, but cant see it happening, Dowd is a very good player, and Matty would probably move heaven and hell to keep him, but we live in hope.

ASHIPP said:
Ugly Betty said:

Shuffin' marvellous if it's true! :lol: But unlikely - he's a key player for the Steelers.
I agree, can't see it happening at all, just to stir the pot though, also rumoured on same forum that Cowley is in talks with Squeelers, so which Brit would he replace on their roster??

IMO the only other new brit we will sign will be Lyle

ASHIPP

Ugly Betty said:
ASHIPP said:
Ugly Betty said:

I agree, can't see it happening at all, just to stir the pot though, also rumoured on same forum that Cowley is in talks with Squeelers, so which Brit would he replace on their roster??

IMO the only other new brit we will sign will be Lyle
Betty - agree. I'm also thinking Lyle will complete the Brit contingent and the rest will be guys from around the League...or (even more exciting) from abroad.

Dowd to Cardiff?? Haha.

Cowley to Sheffield? Mmm slightly more believable if Tait is being poached from Europe as rumoured somewhere a while back. But I can't see those happening. I would take Cowley as a replacement though as he's in that group of Brits just below the top 5 or 6.

Steelers are announcing a signing(s) tomorrow apparently. Dowd? :lol:

States in todays walesonline/echo article that Phil Hill is close to signing :D not too suprising but a player we really couldn't do with losing. I know its not a done deal yet but I cant see him going elsewhere. How lucky will we be to have arguable the two most promising young Brits in the Elite league