Rumours Rumours Rumours...

drainage

I dont think Brad will be back next season - with his partner back homeI wouldnt be at all surprised if he goes home. If he has to leave I'd prefer it was for romance rather than a Steelers contract :D :D

Thread starter #42
He's planning on getting married in July so hopefully he will be leaving for love. Which I can't blame the man for. He's had 5 seasons with us which is 1 or 2 more than he planned to be here anyway if it wasnt for some good convincing skills by the Devils management. For me I love the guy and I wouldnt want him to go, but there was the Cardiff Devils before Brad Voth and there will be after, so maybe it will be a good thing for everyone. A team for us thats not based around Voth may leave space for some high skilled forwards or a new tough guy for us to get our teeth into. As for Brad he can go to a league or team where he isn't victimised purely by the name on his shirt and can actually get back to enjoying hockey rather than being frustrated by calls on him every time he touches the ice.

Also in the rumours this week....

Bruce Richardson to become Player/Coach of Newcastle Vipers. (with everyone in Nottingham seeming to be a mate of Brucie maybe a few others will start jumping ship to if this will come to anything)

Paul Thompson off to coach in the ECHL after impressing the Rockford staff with his skills. - I would like to see this become true, why? Because I feel Thommo has done all there is to be done in Coventry and as undoubtably the best coach in the country, it would be nice to see him get a shot a bigger things.

Ash Tait is well and truely signed to Steelers and going to be unveiled soon (remember this is the rumour not what Im saying)

McAslan was on the prototype shirts for the Panthers which cements the fact he is under contract again for next season even more.

Jade Galbraith is also meant to be more or less a steeler.

Smith is retiring end of this season. (I thought this was fact as he was going to play pro golf)

ASHIPP

Who could possibly blame Brad for leaving the Elite League after the ridiculous officiating? Got to the stage where he couldn't touch the puck without getting a penalty. He deserves better than that. I can't see what Brad would gain from signing for any other team in this league - he would still be penalised for being him! Also, he's had 5 seasons to consider offers from other British teams and has declined each time.

I know when he signed again for the current season, he talked about having to persuade his lovely lady back home about it - and he intimated then that this might be his last year.

These are completely justified reasons for Brad hanging up his skates for the Devils, sad as it maybe. :( But it is what's best for him personally that's important - the prospect of married life...and to go in play in the North American leagues where the officiating seems more professional and fair, an environment where the Vother might just be allowed to be the player he is. :cool:

Murphy staying with giants... ( announced at awards dinner) i know its meant to be rumours but i seen his name mentioned already linked to another team.

maybe we could get that thread started which says who's definitely going to be staying/going where. So we can keep the definite's and the rumours seperate.

Chris

Administrator
Official, or whatever you want to call it, rumour thread will be going up after the playoffs.

Signings thread will hopefully be up soon, but we need to sort out access for Finny so he can update it.

Might as well just keep this for a kind of rumours chat/signings chat thread for now :)

Chris.

ASHIPP

phil PLT said:
DevilDan said:
Szwez not returning apparently due to the officiating.
And he thinks he's got something to complain about after just one season :roll: He wants to try Brad's skates on ;)
Wouldn't be suprised if a few more move on, for the same reason :evil:

tony hand cant join the clan hes in a 3 year contract with manchester which he said he will see out even if they arent in elite league.longstaff is bound to take over from wilson.voth bk to north america.myers bk to devils.jody wont cum back,his reason for leaving in the first place was he had done everything in uk he a player could.no way will coventry sign cody from caps.hull to the ENL :lol:

jwave

nmase20 said:
Brad Voth would not sign for the steelers, just wouldn't happen. I will run down queen street naked if voth signs for the steelers.
I agree NO WAY would he sign for the Squealers or any other EIHL team. If he goes (and I hope to god he stays as not only is he a top player but my daughter would be heart broken if he went) it would be to go home and be with his lady.
He's shown great loyalty over the 5 seasons and he is a genuine bloke. He would not let us down like that. Lets just hope it's rumours and that he stays :p

It's not lettig anyone down signing for a rival team. He is a professional sportsman with a limited time to make money in his chosen career. If he went to Sheffield, and I don't think he will, I wouldn't be disappointed in him.

It's the same as the people saying Finnerty had to prove himself before they'd support him when he signed.

I'd take Sgroi, Talbot, Legue or Zion in a heartbeat without a second thought where they came from!

Finny

Doug MacIver to return to Cardiff.

Which if true, would suggest the increase in the import limit to 11 is to allow all teams to 'carry' a fighter/enforcer with a bit of character.
Which is probably not that bad an idea - as long as it doesn't get out of control. Whilst pretty useless on the ice, McMorrow was a hugh success off the ice with the kids and helped their attendances increase massively. Sheffield tried to do similar by signing Sgroi and it could certainly help teams if they each have a 'character'. Of course we have have Voth for several seasons now and he is certainly the most well known of the current team.

James

Administrator
Finny said:
]Well he certainly spent a fair amount of time here this year when he was injured for Peterborough. Voth, if he were to come back, also seems to play his best hockey when there is another to take some pressure off (Doug or Dion although maybe not Derby)

wildthing74

James said:
Finny said:
]Well he certainly spent a fair amount of time here this year when he was injured for Peterborough. Voth, if he were to come back, also seems to play his best hockey when there is another to take some pressure off (Doug or Dion although maybe not Derby)
I spoke to Doug the other day and he said he has had general chats with us about coming back but nothing concrete.He said either way he plans on being back in EIHL next season.

wildthing74 said:
James said:
Finny said:
I spoke to Doug the other day and he said he has had general chats with us about coming back but nothing concrete.He said either way he plans on being back in EIHL next season.
Backward step for the team IMO. He certainly left us high and dry at times when he was out of position.