Rumours Rumours Rumours...

wildthing74

To be honest I would not see it as a good move by us either and whilst Doug is a good guy was not surprised or gutted that we let him go last time.
I guess if rumours of an increase in imports,Brad going are true then with a Brit goalie etc there maybe room on the roster for Doug.Pretty much Belfast made use of the Brit goalie having McMorrow all season.

drainage

wildthing74 said:
To be honest I would not see it as a good move by us either and whilst Doug is a good guy was not surprised or gutted that we let him go last time.
I guess if rumours of an increase in imports,Brad going are true then with a Brit goalie etc there maybe room on the roster for Doug.Pretty much Belfast made use of the Brit goalie having McMorrow all season.
Nope they should have made use of having a Brit goalie - not sure Mcmorrow qualifies as useful on ice sorry !

please no! dougs a nice guy but thats about it,as people are saying it would b a backward step as the oppersition fans were singing "cant skate cant fight" im afraid i agree

Rempel16

I think some people are being a tad harsh on doug here, he wasn't the most skilled guy and his skating ability on big ice was poor. However, on the small ice pad at home he was quite fornidable and was able tonuse his pure size to keep shots to the outside. He was also willing to throw a hit, something our current d have been lacking at times this season.

He was a key part of the 2nd best d in the league last year and never once did I see him benched. Add to that, jarvis has had a phenomenal season on the score board, yet he's played with half the mean streak he had when on macivers line.

I think it would be a waste in a 10 import team, but with 11 imports and 4 import d I think he would do just fine. And I don't think we will be getting chris macallister any time soon so...

Yes I would take doug back.

Rempel16 said:
I think some people are being a tad harsh on doug here, he wasn't the most skilled guy and his skating ability on big ice was poor. However, on the small ice pad at home he was quite fornidable and was able tonuse his pure size to keep shots to the outside. He was also willing to throw a hit, something our current d have been lacking at times this season.

He was a key part of the 2nd best d in the league last year and never once did I see him benched. Add to that, jarvis has had a phenomenal season on the score board, yet he's played with half the mean streak he had when on macivers line.

I think it would be a waste in a 10 import team, but with 11 imports and 4 import d I think he would do just fine. And I don't think we will be getting chris macallister any time soon so...

Yes I would take doug back.
But we have to play away and most of the pads are big.

ASHIPP

It also depends whether G is going to go for a grittier, younger, faster team formula again......which has been much more successful than previous years. And many of the guys in the current squad could more than look after themselves this year (even with the Vother missing matches), without being enforcers.

Martynwo

Really nice guy off the ice, but those players often don't win games.
Big step back IMHO, he had to throw an anchor out to turn 2 years ago so worried about his fitness and agility after an injury hit season in the EPL.
The Devils have a 3 year plan, next year is year 3 so we should build on this year and make a big step with a young hungry gritty team. They are out there aka, Michel, Finnerty, Miller etc, there are many ECHL players looking for the European experence and see EIHL as s stepping stone. So sentements aside lets look forward not backwards.

i just got back heres what i heard, osaer to steelers as he was sat with the steeler fans,towe to sheffeild,galbrieth to sheffeild,neilson to coach clan as his wife is a scot and wants to return home,bruce richardson to coach notts

Hasnt Calder already taken the Clan Job.

Towe to leave Devils for better chances. Not Steeler bound so ive heard.

Ben Davies to go abroad? possibly USA camps

Swez back to ECHL

A

Anonymous

Thanks nmase This is my FIRST season as a devil and I dont know Osear. I searched him on hockeydb but couldnt find anything. Osh you always seem to me to fish for a fight or an argument. Please don't do it with me. It was originally spelt OSEAR, thats why I couldnt find him. Hardly my fault :roll:

osh

TheDevilTorn said:
Thanks nmase This is my FIRST season as a devil and I dont know Osear. I searched him on hockeydb but couldnt find anything. Osh you always seem to me to fish for a fight or an argument. Please don't do it with me. It was originally spelt OSEAR, thats why I couldnt find him. Hardly my fault :roll:
Devil Torn; I seem to fish for a fight or argument do I, really. Wrong of course, but as you've given your opinion on me, how about mine on you (in a friendly way of course) You just seem to post for the sake of posting, are you trying to set some sort of record ?

A

Anonymous

osh said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Devil Torn; I seem to fish for a fight or argument do I, really. Wrong of course, but as you've given your opinion on me, how about mine on you (in a friendly way of course) You just seem to post for the sake of posting, are you trying to set some sort of record ?
yes, but as theres a limit to how often I post, I'll stop. Thought you may of apologised first, obviously not. Yes you do fish for an argument, you do it with Finny left right and centre now your doing it with me. Its a forum osh, and its good to talk.
You question how long Ive been a Devil? If I post too often you should know how long. All because I haven't heard of a miss-spelt player? Least most of my posts actually try and contribute to something.