Rumours Rumours Rumours...

Gazza272

Rempel16 said:
Not a rumour but didn't want to start a new thread.

Colt king just been awarded best bodychecker and best powerforward in the chl.

Sign him up! (and bring dc back with him please!!!)

interestingly clouthier was voted toughest player, with Carlyle lewis in second :shock:
Third was alex penner, another guy I'd like to see in a devils jersey next year.

Maybe Lewis had just left his gonads in North America! Certainly didnt have them here.

Apparently Jeff Szwez will be heading to a different league next season :(
...one of the main reasons he doesn't want to stay is because of the officiating...

I sure hope not, would love to see him in a devils jersey so much! :roll:

Rempel16

Both the Cage and FireandIce are reporting in rumours section that Voth to Steelers is a done deal.

The Cage states Finnerty to Steelers too.

ASHIPP

Jonathan Zion also possibly heading for Europe?

Matus Kralj not going to Blaze....he has signed for Morzine in French league next season (sorry, not a rumour!)

Rempel16

ASHIPP said:
Rempel16 said:
Both the Cage and FireandIce are reporting in rumours section that Voth to Steelers is a done deal.

This happens every year! :roll:
I have never seen it reported as a done deal. It's common knowledge that every team tries to get Voth, but never known it reported as a done deal though.

Not sure how credible Tunster is as a poster either to be honest.

Although in saying that, i don't recall any rumours ever as Brad has always signed for us early (and February time last year)

Finny

You had me almost believing it for a moment until I saw the username "Tunster" pop up.

Last summer he was 100% certain that Finnerty was returning to the Steelers. When I suggested he wasn't, he got all abusive and angry. Whoops!

The guy is a bit of a stalker by the sounds of it and makes things up left, right and centre.

Gazza272

Rempel16 said:
ASHIPP said:
Rempel16 said:

I have never seen it reported as a done deal. It's common knowledge that every team tries to get Voth, but never known it reported as a done deal though.

Although in saying that, i don't recall any rumours ever as Brad has always signed for us early (and February time last year)

Tunster has claimed in the past to be a mate of Finnerty. Although in saying that i'm pretty sure he stated that we wouldnt be seeing Finnerty back on these shores this season so it's hard to gauge that one really.

I said the other week i got this horirble feeling Finner would up sticks and go back ot the Steelers, but i'm hoping Shannon was right in his web chat that he does have a contract for next season, it certainly appears like the club expect him back. Here's hoping

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:
ASHIPP said:
Rempel16 said:

There has been speculation during the season whether this is Brad's last year with the Devils. If it is, can only guess that he would either go home, retire or join another club. I am only guessing that if it was Brad's last season, the Club would make some sort of announcement so that the fans get a proper chance to give the Vother the thanks and praise he deserves. :D
Every year there are rumours that he will sign for another Elite League team - and let's face it, they all want him. :cool:
The fact that he has always stayed with the Devils when there may have been incentives to go to other wealthier, more successful clubs, suggests that he has not been interested. Apart from a salary increase, what possible reason would Brad have for going to the Steelers, Pants etc?
If anything, he would be more likely an excellent candidate for the Braehead Clan. Wow, how many 'bums on seats' would he convert up there? :cool:

DevilDom

I really hope Brad doesn't destroy his legacy with the Devils by joining the Steelers. I think I for one would find that just to hard to swallow. I personally think he may not be back at all, but maybe something we could do to attract him back is offer him a 2-year deal or testimonal season if money is an issue? I'm not saying it is for him because he has always been very loyal to the Devils - It's just a thought.

Jones72

DevilDom said:
testimonal season
You're having a laught, right?!

A testimonial after such a short time?!

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, and asset to the team (any team), and a nice guy...but come on...

Finny

I think there might even be a legalality issue about a player recieving a testimonial. Doesn't it have to be 10 years minimum service? Though we somehow bent that rule for Mike Ware.....

DevilDom

Jones72 said:
DevilDom said:
testimonal season
You're having a laught, right?!

A testimonial after such a short time?!

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, and asset to the team (any team), and a nice guy...but come on...
5 years is quite a long time for a Hockey player to be at the same club and if he resigned that would make it 6 or possibly 7 years. Anyway it's just a thought. I didn't realise it would so contraversial!

Gazza272

Finny said:
I think there might even be a legalality issue about a player recieving a testimonial. Doesn't it have to be 10 years minimum service? Though we somehow bent that rule for Mike Ware.....

Mike Wares Testimonial was for 10 years in British ice hockey, rather than just exclusively the Devils.

voth26

Brad playing for you know who :shock: is not something i want to think about, and i think it would damage the relationship he has with us devils fans, still hoping he's going to return next season refreshed and ready to prove a point to the muppets we know as the eihl and hicks