Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

RedDevil17

54 games, 58 points. You real or what.
Cox had 53 points in 50 games as well but I can guarantee he’s on most people’s release list. You're entitled to your opinion about Sanford coming back but if he does then it is what it is. I’ll still support the team regardless

The usually very reliable UK Ice Hockey Rumours have confirmed what a lot of us already know, that the Fournier deal is done!
The hype and the wait til Friday announcements are getting a little tiresome.
If the deal is done why not just announce it!

The usually very reliable UK Ice Hockey Rumours have confirmed what a lot of us already know, that the Fournier deal is done!
The hype and the wait til Friday announcements are getting a little tiresome.
If the deal is done why not just announce it!
In fairness all teams do this, most rosters are signed up before end of season but to keep fans engaged and clicking on their profiles they drip feed them. Pure business move not only by devils but all others. I'll be amazed if they don't have all but 2/3 signed by now

I agree with what you say above, however I can’t remember the last time the Devils announced a signing that was not already in the public domain.
It’s now almost impossible to keep a signing truly secret what with social media releases so it usually comes as an anti climax when you wait for days if not weeks for a signing announcement that you already know about.
It seems the only way to keep them secret is to announce them within a day or two of them putting pen to paper.

I bet that when the Devils Summit comes around the new signings announced there will already have been all over social media a couple of weeks beforehand.